“Convenient as it is next to a shopping mall”

Hotel Ciputra Jakarta
Ranked #87 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“Convenient as it is next to a shopping mall”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I used to stay at Ciputra Jakarta many years ago, occasionally still come back there if my other preferred hotels are fully booked.
What I like:
+it is located relatively not that far from the airport compared to most hotels. It is linked to a decent shopping mall where we can get anything from groceries, plenty of cafes, restaurants, money changers and even dentist and cinema.
+very good breakfast spread, better compared to many other hotels except probably breakfast spread in Mulia Hotel.
+Good free WiFi hotspots accessible from every room.
+Huge parking space so getting taxi is not a problem even during peak hours.
+Good gesture by preparing appreciation letters along with chocolate/fruits for returning guest.
What I dislike:
- The location (Grogol) is notorious for bad traffic, flood prone area. It may take take 30mins just to reach the toll gate leading to the toll road to central/south Jakarta.
- inflexible check-in policy even after providing itinerary and has corporate agreement with our company. There was even one unbelievable incident I had in the past: I showed up in the hotel to check in without prior booking by my office, rooms were available but front desk staffs denied corporate rate because there was no prior booking by my office, even after I told them that they can check in their records that I'm a frequent guest, my company has corporate agreement with them. I was asked to ask my office book the room immediately and then I should come back at least 1 hour later after the booking had been confirmed.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Hotel_to_Hotel,
Thank you for your return stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and for writing a review of your experiences. I am please to hear that overall you found the hotel to your liking as you mentioned a number of very positive points in your review. Thank you for those. I do apologize that you have had a previous bad experience whilst trying to stay with us without a prior reservation made and I am sorry that this has left a negative perception with you. Corporate accounts enjoy a discounted rate at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and do come with terms and conditions, although some terms may be deemed trivial and hard to accept, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta is concerned with good corporate governance and is audited frequently. Hence we may be a bit stricter than others. In regards to the notorious traffic and flooding we can only hope that the proper governing authorities here in Jakarta can improve the situation for us in Jakarta but this is not only confined to the area around Hotel Ciputra Jakarta but is "city wide" with many parts of Jakarta whether you are staying in the North, South, West or East, it is the same challenges.
Thank you again for your constructive review and I do hope that we can return to being "Your Preferred" Hotel in Jakarta and not your choice of hotel once your 1st choice is full?
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good location hotel located beside a shopping mall. Room is spacious. nice breakfast spread.
Small television size in the room. may need some renovation in the room as the tap are leaking, hot shower takes long time to heat up, air condition does not seems to be able to be controlled from the room. Overall, the room is still ok for short business trip purpose however the price is considered steep despite having cooporate rate.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear 612daniel_w,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta whilst visiting Jakarta on business. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to be a "Decent Hotel" as you mentioned as a title for your written review. I do apologize for the defects which you found in your room, your comments and items listed for our attention will be followed up. I do regret though that our downfalls were not mentioned whilst staying with us, we could have rectified these on the spot and ensured a more comfortable stay for you. We do have 24 hour maintenance available in case these issues arise and can action this promptly if we are made aware.
We certainly do hope that we can have an opportunity again to accommodate you on your next visit to Jakarta. Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I dont remember last time I stayed at this hotel long time ago, but when I checked in lately, I was shocked! They already renovated the old room with modern design and no bad smell from old carpet or furniture. Breakfast have a lot of variety. Front desk also nice and fast. because it is together inside mall ciputra, so no need to worry if u want to eat local food or buy something.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Irma L,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta with friends. I am glad to hear that you have noticed significant changes since your previous stay with us. I certainly hope that the time between your next visit to us will not be so long!
Thank you again for your patronage and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Ciputra Jakarta in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I've been there for 2 nights recently for my business trip. What I can share about the hotel are.

Good thing
1. Attached with shopping mall. You no need to step out from hotel.
2. Room is spacious. Enough for 2.
3. Staff are friendly and willing to help if you have trouble. I been there during Jakarta flood and many of places difficult to access by car. with their help, there check everything for me and advise about the condition of the place I want to visit.
4. Easy to find cheap food in shopping mall. Not like many hotel I stay before. Only eat at hotel, off course it expensive.

My advise to hotel.
1. Hotel price a bit expensive. I believed more people will choose here if cheaper.
2. Put instruction in room how to adjust aircond setting.
3. Standby more taxi nearby. Have to wait quite some time until taxi come.

Anyway, overall is good hotel to stay. Keep it up.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear MohdHirman,
Thank you for your recent 2 night stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta as well as for your review. Your comments are very constructive and we are please that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. You particularly mentioned positively about our hotel's location, size of room and the staff's attentiveness and willingness to assist, thank you. Your other comments on how we can improve is all well noted and we will address those. The hotel uses the services of a third party provider for taxis, the Blue Bird Group which is one of Jakarta's more trusted, respected, reputable and largest transport providers, during your recent stay with us, the weather was some what inclement making it at times more challenging to provide taxis during those conditions. We have addressed this issue with our business partner and to ensure that we can deliver a higher level of service in this regards to our customers who choose to stay with us.
Again thank you for your patronage and we do look forward to having an opportunity to accommodate you again should you visit Jakarta in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.
clevedon
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel was chosen because of its location but it exceeded on so many levels. The location is good for the business I had and as the hotel is part of a shopping mall, there were plenty of options to eat and also to do a bit of shopping. I cannot comment on what others have said about the external look as it was dark when I arrived and dark when I left :-) but the pool area outside looked clean and tidy and the interior was excellent.

The staff were very good and attentive in a very professional way, the rooms were excellent all with views of the city of Jakarta in front of you.

I will stay here again if needed and maybe next time try and stay for a longer duration than 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear CliveB,
Thank you for your recent stay and subsequent review detailing your experiences at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta. Your review titled "Excellent Hotel in an Excellent Location" was very pleasing to read and I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations in many different areas and levels. I hope that we will have an opportunity to accommodate you once more should you visit Jakarta in the near future. Thank you once again for your staying at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta. Kind regards, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.
Surabaya
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I often passed by in front of this hotel, personally I was not interested to stay in because of the look of the facade which gave an old and unclean hotel.

But, now I change my mind after spending a night in their non smoking king size bed room. Their lobby interior was elegant, including the corridors and specially their rooms. My room was spacious and clean, the interior use a simple elegant style with complete in-room facilities such as wifi, safe deposit box, shoes cabinets complete with shoe's cleaning paper, and minibar beside standard room facilities such as tv cable, daily drinking water complete with coffee-tea bags and electric hot water pot, and hair-dryer.

For the breakfast menu and restaurant, the management use a queuing seat management so all the guests feel special and privately served. The restaurant size was spacious make me feel more and more comfortable enjoying the meals. The menus was complete buffet.

The hotel connected with a small and small sized mall, which I suggest to change the interior because give an old fashioned style mall.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and looking forward to bring my wife spending our quality time in this hotel.

Room Tip: Mostly the room was a non-smoking rooms so we can breath freely and fresh at almost all the time...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LexiPranata
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear LexiPranata,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, I am glad that after passing our building a number of times, you finally decided to stay with us! I am please to read that you was satisfied with your stay and that our facilities, services etc met your expectations. Hotel Ciputra Jakarta certainly is a very visible hotel as with Mall Ciputra, our location adjacent to one of Jakarta's main arterial roads has certainly been advantageous for us and makes us highly visible, located atop of a very popular shopping mall has also been one of the hotel's main strengths to attract guests to choose to stay with us. Thank you once again for choosing to stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife next time!
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta,
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I am stay at room 1011, periode 30Nov'13 for 1 night. everything was good. room clean. I like the coridor. very cozy. All staff very kindly and helpfully.
When I go down for breakfast in the morning around 09:00 AM , restaurant at 1 floor very bussy and i must waiting list first because no enough space. Never mind, i understand for that.
2 greeter very helpfull , the young ladies with short hair one of them i think that Katrina for her name (because i don't read clear her name). This ladies have good smile and doing well.
And 1 waitress, her name Sheila with have short hair too. She do serve all of guest very good and she have speed fast and always very friendly smile. Probably, I want to say thank you for all of your serve to me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Jeffrey H,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and for your review titled "Good Hotel" we are please to hear that you was please with your choice of accommodation whilst in Jakarta and in particular you mentioned the attention you received from the service staff in the Gallery Restaurant. You mentioned a couple of them by name and we will ensure that they will be recognised for the good service they have provided. We do apologize for the slight delay in getting you seated for breakfast, it is an unusual occurrence but on that day perhaps the 0900 slot for breakfast was more busier than usual. Thank you again for your understanding and patience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Hotel Ciputra Cibubur
Grand Tropic Suites Hotel
#200 of 465 in Jakarta
Sawah Besar
Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar

Been to Hotel Ciputra Jakarta? Share your experiences!