Hotel Ciputra Jakarta
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsshopping mallmall attached to the hotelcentral parktaman anggrek malldirect accesspizza hutnon smoking floorinternational airporttoll roadnice hotelair conclose to the airportsame buildingbusiness tripexecutive floorroom servicebuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights and pretty much liked the room conditions, food and staffs. Except that the in-room wireless internet was simply the worst I've ever experienced.

It just can't hold more than a minute. Keep being disconnected randomly and all four of us (four different rooms) had the same problem. Although it was free of charge, I was having tremendous problems sending emails and the wired network was not functioning at all. I had to go to the business center where I could pay for the emails.

One working wifi AP, maybe the only one working properly was at the lobby, 'Hotspot-Gallery'

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank UJ C
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear ujc,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta with your colleagues and for your review to share your experiences with other Trip Advisor readers. It is with regret that I read that you have not had a totally satisfying experience with us and that our internet services provided free of charge has let you down as well as to your colleagues room and you were most disappointed. I do apologize for that and more so that we was not able to rectify the problem whilst you was here? Our internet services are provided with our third party business partner who does have a technician on site 12 hours a day to ensure that this service to our valued guests is not interrupted and is of a high service / speed etc. So your problems experienced could have and should have been rectified immediately. I will look into this personally and forward your comments to them to ensure that other guests staying at hotel Ciputra Jakarta does not have the same experiences as yourself. We often do market survey's with other similar style hotels as Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and have found that we generally do provide a better internet services than others. Again thank you for your patronage and for your valued comments and I do hope that you will again stay with us, I ensure you that we will do better.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle. General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

During my stay here with my friend, it's really an exciting experience for us all.

We receive warm regards and good service from the working staff there. All of them are very polite and really do us a big favor.

What's more there is a big shopping mall next to the hotel. And it takes only 12-15mins to go to Central Park by walk.

Many thanks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank George W
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear George W,
Thank you for your most recent stay with your friend at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and for your subsequent review titled "Thank You". I am glad that you found the hotel to your liking and that you enjoyed your stay with us! You particularly mentioned the "working staff" I am sure they would be please to receive your kind words and I will ensure that they will get to see a copy of your review. You also mentioned that our location and attached to a shopping mall was an important factor to be accommodated at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta. I certainly hope that we will have an opportunity again in the near future to accommodate you at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.
Ps Thank you for the great photos and for sharing with other readers of Trip Advisor,

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I used to stay at Ciputra Jakarta many years ago, occasionally still come back there if my other preferred hotels are fully booked.
What I like:
+it is located relatively not that far from the airport compared to most hotels. It is linked to a decent shopping mall where we can get anything from groceries, plenty of cafes, restaurants, money changers and even dentist and cinema.
+very good breakfast spread, better compared to many other hotels except probably breakfast spread in Mulia Hotel.
+Good free WiFi hotspots accessible from every room.
+Huge parking space so getting taxi is not a problem even during peak hours.
+Good gesture by preparing appreciation letters along with chocolate/fruits for returning guest.
What I dislike:
- The location (Grogol) is notorious for bad traffic, flood prone area. It may take take 30mins just to reach the toll gate leading to the toll road to central/south Jakarta.
- inflexible check-in policy even after providing itinerary and has corporate agreement with our company. There was even one unbelievable incident I had in the past: I showed up in the hotel to check in without prior booking by my office, rooms were available but front desk staffs denied corporate rate because there was no prior booking by my office, even after I told them that they can check in their records that I'm a frequent guest, my company has corporate agreement with them. I was asked to ask my office book the room immediately and then I should come back at least 1 hour later after the booking had been confirmed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Hotel_to_Hotel,
Thank you for your return stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and for writing a review of your experiences. I am please to hear that overall you found the hotel to your liking as you mentioned a number of very positive points in your review. Thank you for those. I do apologize that you have had a previous bad experience whilst trying to stay with us without a prior reservation made and I am sorry that this has left a negative perception with you. Corporate accounts enjoy a discounted rate at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and do come with terms and conditions, although some terms may be deemed trivial and hard to accept, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta is concerned with good corporate governance and is audited frequently. Hence we may be a bit stricter than others. In regards to the notorious traffic and flooding we can only hope that the proper governing authorities here in Jakarta can improve the situation for us in Jakarta but this is not only confined to the area around Hotel Ciputra Jakarta but is "city wide" with many parts of Jakarta whether you are staying in the North, South, West or East, it is the same challenges.
Thank you again for your constructive review and I do hope that we can return to being "Your Preferred" Hotel in Jakarta and not your choice of hotel once your 1st choice is full?
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good location hotel located beside a shopping mall. Room is spacious. nice breakfast spread.
Small television size in the room. may need some renovation in the room as the tap are leaking, hot shower takes long time to heat up, air condition does not seems to be able to be controlled from the room. Overall, the room is still ok for short business trip purpose however the price is considered steep despite having cooporate rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear 612daniel_w,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta whilst visiting Jakarta on business. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to be a "Decent Hotel" as you mentioned as a title for your written review. I do apologize for the defects which you found in your room, your comments and items listed for our attention will be followed up. I do regret though that our downfalls were not mentioned whilst staying with us, we could have rectified these on the spot and ensured a more comfortable stay for you. We do have 24 hour maintenance available in case these issues arise and can action this promptly if we are made aware.
We certainly do hope that we can have an opportunity again to accommodate you on your next visit to Jakarta. Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I dont remember last time I stayed at this hotel long time ago, but when I checked in lately, I was shocked! They already renovated the old room with modern design and no bad smell from old carpet or furniture. Breakfast have a lot of variety. Front desk also nice and fast. because it is together inside mall ciputra, so no need to worry if u want to eat local food or buy something.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Irma L,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta with friends. I am glad to hear that you have noticed significant changes since your previous stay with us. I certainly hope that the time between your next visit to us will not be so long!
Thank you again for your patronage and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Ciputra Jakarta in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta