1,482 results
All reviewsoxtail soupjogging trackbogor cafetennis courtssop buntutolympic size swimming poolhuge gardensports facilitiesclub suitechildren playgroundgreat poolnational monumentfive star hotelbusy citygambir train stationjapanese restaurantsuperior room
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed for 2 weeks on Business in Jakarta. The superior (standard) room was very large, cool, clean and quite stylish. It wanted for nothing: well-stocked minibar, a big satellite TV with plenty of good channels, high-speed internet, etc, etc. The 24/7 business lounge near the top floor always had food, drink and a warm, helpful and professional welcome. They provided complimentary business rooms for occasional meeting, ran errands and were a general wealth of information. Most touchingly of all, they noted my visit happened to coincide with my birthday (passport at check-in maybe?) and so bought me my own little cake from the patisserie and sang me happy birthday - delightfully embarrassing. The range of excellent food available in the various restaurants meant I never repeated the same meal over the 2 weeks and the leisure facilities enabled me to run or swim all those extra calories away. A truly memorable stay. I recommend this resort to all. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank done_too_many_miles
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We arrive at hotel around 12.30 and we finally get our room key at 14.30. That time is full because long holiday. And I need to ask for almost 3 times. At 2nd try the lady gave me welcome drink voucher and asked me to eait for another hour after 1 hr waiting. Other groups seem to have same experience. I asked for upgrade and the lady reject. Only if I will to pay more. I also have my Discovery card/ Hotel member.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My family and I stayed at Hotel Borobudur back in July - as I needed to stay in the area for a few days for my work. From the moment you walk in, you would be "wow-ed" from all the architectural decors and looks - quite impressive, I must say! The hotel is, however, old, so the rooms are not as "new" looking as the entrance or the hotel lobby.

The Bogor Cafe in this hotel has the best Sop Buntut (Oxtail Soup) and this is a MUST for anyone who loves to eat! You can order it by itself or a part of the amazing buffet the Cafe offers. The price for the food is a little high compared to other places, but for this amazing Oxtail dish, it's definitely worth your penny :)

We stayed at the Club Floor - they offer breakfast (you do have a choice to dine at Bogor Cafe, which offers buffet with more choices), drinks & small bites throughout the day. They have many exclusive services for the Club floor clients; including private checking-in, making reservation for transportation, or any other appointments, etc. And the Club Floor workers were so friendly and kind.

The only "downside" is that perhaps due to the old hotel, they used some chemical carpet cleaner or something - the smell was a little too strong for my family. We didn't complain as everywhere we go in the hotel we smelled this "spicy" air, and figured that this is not just for our floor but for the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pura88
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Me and my wife arrived very late , 2 am from Phillipnes , upon arrival was given no credit on room rate for very late check in , this I was ok with as it was very late and did not want to go to other hotel ,
Room rate was 1.5 million a night which in fact is ok for a 5 star hotel , but this a 4 star hotel ...
As me and my wife were looking to relocate here in Jakarta , we needed to make several local call to agents in areas close by to locate a house,
Me and my Indonesian wife called reception several times to inquire what the cost of making local calls would be , we were told it would be 1,100 rupiah per call which seemed reasonable
We made several call Monday and early Tuesday , then at 12 noon went out to look at houses..
Upon returning to hotel around 4pm tuesday afternoon , I asked front desk to see phone charges , I was then presented with a phone bill exceeding 700,00 rupiah ....
After inquiring as to why so high , we were then informed it was 1,100 rupiah per minute and 5 times if you called a cell phone ..... there were charges of 13,500 rupiah for a 3 second call ,,, 175,000 rupiah for 9 minute call to a cell phone ..... we were furious as we could buy a months worth of loads for that price on our cell phones ....
The manager then tried to justify the outrageous phone bill and would not discount the bill , we then told them we were checking out, he then stated he would discount bill 5% if we stayed another 3 days ,,, What ? We said absolutely not , went to room and got luggage and proceeded to front desk to check out at 4pm Tuesday afternoon.. they then tried to tell me i was going to be charged an additional 1.5 million for 4 hours we were not in room that afternoon, i was outraged and screamed loudly no way !
Finally after causing a huge scene they disregarded that attempt of charging us that 1.5 million,,, we then proceeded to check out....
So , do the math my friends, from Monday morn at 2am till 4 pm Tuesday afternoon , we were charged 4 milliom rupiah , a huge ripp off from a 4 star establishment ,,, they discounted phone charges 0 % .....
hotel is not very clean , pool is far away and dirty, staff very deceitful , guess they think as lots of foreigners there , they can overcharge us ,,,,
Do not suggest stay there , much better deals elswhere with better service and rooms ....
If you do stay there , do not touch there phones, they will charge you huge dollars even if you just call down the street ,,,,,.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank btv1234
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This hotel is such great value, especially if you upgrade to the executive floor. For $30 extra you get complimentary breakfast on the 18th floor, all day free refreshments and the cocktail hour from 6pm-8pm comes with a nice variety of hors d'oeuvres. You also have an excess to a computer if you don't have your own. Free internet, excellent service, rooms are clean and sheets changed every day. Facilities are top notch- olympic size pool, great gym and a nice spa. You also get free dry cleaning for 3 pc/day.
We had to spend 2 month living in this hotel, before our apartment in Jakarta was move-in ready, and it was a great place to be stuck at for so long. It's true that it's an older 5* hotel, but at $120/day it's also an older 5* price, which is, again, amazing value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple