I never expected ever giving any property a one-circle rating. Because I tend to be able to live with tiny flaws here and there. But here it is. (And I haven't even checked out yet.)
But let me mention the plusses to be fair to this 'establishment'.
- Big room. Scratched up furniture and funny-smelling toilet, but the room is big.
- A few pleasant smiley staff. Who are genuinely warm.
- Huge buffet although it MAY have caused my food poisoning.
- Big gym, but food poisoning rendered me unable to exercise anyway.
- Nice art pieces in hotel.
- nothing has been stolen from me so far.
- it offers a bath robe.
That's about it.
My grouses - literally GUT WRENCHING issues
You won't believe this place is 5star.
1) My 2 companions and I got bad food poisoning, and we strongly suspect the steak at STIX (in-hotel restaurant & bar) OR the breakfast - caused it, we ate together at every meal. Both of them were vomiting and I had a very upset stomach and diarrhea. We also had body aches and were feverish for a while! As we were here for WORK, you can imagine how disruptive this was. Absolutely horrifying. The front staff did not seem very apologetic (being apologetic does not happen much here) but sent us some fruit (although they later dusted off our claims by saying, MANY other guests have had steak before but NONE got food poisoning). Strange, because I met another guy here who told me he had been having food poisoning too...
2) My magnetic card did not work not one time, but FIVE TIMES within 2 days. I called, I complained in a raised voice, I badgered the front desk staff, but each time I begged for help, all they did was to give me a new card without fixing the REAL PROBLEM – which was that the lock was out of battery......... on the FIFTH TIME they FINALLY SENT 3 engineers to my room to fix it, and it was done in a jiff...... Could they not have fixed the problem earlier instead of assuming "I inserted the card wrongly" even though I had no problems with the card for the last 3 days? You can imagine how infuriating this was.
3) We all received anonymous phone calls that hung up upon hearing my (female) voice. I bet it was a prossie call - but shouldn't the hotel take steps to prevent such vices?
4) Rooms are terribly noisy ... nothing protects you from the rowdy people that seem to inhabit this place. In the morning, at 8 or 9, a laundry boy will come round shouting "LAUNDRY!" and soon after that, the MINI BAR Guy will knock on your door to check on your mini bar. I mean.... even if you leave a 'do not disturb' sign outside your door, you can still hear them shouting at every other door. Now, does that sound like it promotes restfulness in any way?
5) Spa service staff standards are inconsistent. My colleague and I did a body scrub in separate rooms. My masseuse was fine - she did pretty well, except for the fact that even after my bath, i had to lie on a stained, sand-soaked towel. My colleague however, had to lie naked in a cold room without any towel, and she caught a cold because of it. The masseuse also did a half hearted job at massaging, then finished wayy earlier than she should have...
6) There are no convenience stores nor ANYTHING remotely interesting near this hotel. You need to cab it or have your own driver. Room service food is exhorbitant and of course ever since we got poisoned, we refused to eat anything at all made in this hotel.
7) There's a severe lack of attention to detail. Imagine ordering a pot of coffee up to your room and having NO milk whatsoever (no creamer either). Or imagine ordering TOAST and the bread is cold, like it's just out of the fridge..... would you have a pleasant stay?
8) This place is really near the cemetery. My colleague had a room with a full view of the cemetry - and he had problems getting it changed till we called a contact who spoke to the hotel again.
9) No full amenities for lower tier rooms - no toothpaste which i find strange, since any 2 star hotel in Japan would give you toothpaste.
10) We requested for an adaptor on the first day, only to hear "try again tomorrow, we've run out of adaptors".
11) Room service trays you ordered in the morning, are still outside your door at 4pm in the afternoon.
12) When I checked in, my desk light wasn't working. Then the next day, the toilet light was flickering.
Can you believe my ordeal here?!?!?!? seriously, i Swear these things all happened. Having a beer now trying to relax. Could not find another hotel as the SEA games were in full swing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Park Lane Jakarta.If you truly appreciate the warmth of a sincere welcome, plus a comfortable room and quality service delivered professionally by friendly, smiling staff, then The Park Lane Jakarta is the place for your stay in the capital.The hotel is located adjacent to one side of the city's "Golden Triangle" central business district, the main business district of Jalan HR Rasuna Said and within a walking distance to superblock Kota Kasablanka Shopping Mall. Easy access from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, it is only a 40-minute drive to reach the hotel. Hotel Map All of the hotel's 280 rooms, including 36 long-stay residences, are equipped with wired & wifi high-speed internet access.The Park Lane Jakarta is the first five star certified Eco Hotel in Indonesia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Park Lane Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Lane Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Park Lane Hotel Jakarta
- Park Lane Jakarta