“Tries to be in the big league - and so nearly there!”

The Park Lane Jakarta
Ranked #31 of 462 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore
“Tries to be in the big league - and so nearly there!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I should say, this is an extremely good hotel. The only reason I don't give it 5 points is there is so much competition in Jakarta, particularly among the five star ones, where the overall standards are so high.

This hotel is still undergoing some upgrading, which meant that the high-end restaurant on the ground floor was closed for renovation. The main lobby could do with some attention too, but my room was very well and tastefully upgraded already.

Staff are also extremely efficient. The last time I stayed here was 2005, but I was pleasantly surprised that they still had my details on check in. Level of attention was just right, which means everything I asked for got done, but I didn't really notice the staff. Just as it should be.

The location is convenient for the CBD. They are building a flyover accross the junction nearby, which as long as it doesn't get killed off by politics, should mean the constant traffic outside is alleviated.

It will be interesting to see what this place is like when the upgrade programme is complete. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms are very good.
2 Thank Chidlom
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay last month at The Park Lane Jakarta and glad that we were able to meet your expectations. For your information the lobby will be reviewed once the renovation of our Riva restaurant is completed.

Your support is certainly valued and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Jon Richards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Townsville
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 days with my 9 year old daughter. On check in we were upgraded. Room was fantastic with view out over the pool. After just a few hours there the staff were greeting us by name. Pool is perfect. Only 5 minutes walk to Cassablanca Mall which has everything you may need. Food at restaurant and buffet was nice and good value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tsvmummuy
Bangkok
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The best thing about The Park Lane is the professional, friendly and enthusiastic service you receive from most of the staff. It doesn’t take a smart guy to realize that they must be treated well: it shows in their level of motivation.
Even though the property is getting on in years, and could do with a bit of a re-fit in some of the public areas, it is spotlessly clean. So clean it practically sparkles. I watched one of the cleaners scrub and polish a tap in one of the public restrooms. It was done with such enthusiasm that it could have been used as a training video on You Tube.
The same level of cleanliness extends to the guest rooms. I stayed there for 14 days, and every day my room was spotless. On top of this, my laundry was returned by early afternoon. Also worth a mention is the bed which enables a comfortable slumber
The health club and swimming pool area are certainly well above average, with the gym adding new equipment since my last visit. Even though they seem to sell “outside” memberships, it was never extremely crowded – there were enough machines to go round.
As I was running a training seminar, I ate at the hotel every day. The breakfast was good. Even though there were different “egg chefs”, omelettes were consistently good. Coffee is made to order and is superb! The lunch buffet was varied, although it could do with some more local food and a greater variety of salads.
One part of the hotel that was problematic was the business centre. Every simple request was an issue and was met with such a lengthy explanation as to “why it couldn’t be done”. I just stopped going there. Truly it was not worth the dramatic increase in blood pressure!
Another problem is the speed of the internet. It reminds me of the early days of “dial-up”. It is called high speed, but it isn’t – unless they mean that the local provider is “high”. Although, after I mentioned this to a staff member, the speed was increased.
The hotel’s location has been enhanced by the Kota Casablanca Shopping Mall that is only a five minute walk away. The mall has a great range of restaurants, plus all the other “brand” shops common to malls everywhere.
I would definitely recommend The Park Lane. It is a great night’s sleep, and it has excellent staff. Highly recommended.

1 Thank BMF60
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Mr BMF,

Many thanks for this feedback which will be posted on our Employee notice board.

Our Executive Chef, Pak Deden has taken note of providing more local food and a greater variety of salads at the buffet.

Likewise, Pak Ichwan, Director of Rooms, will follow up with some further training in the Business Center. My apologies for any inconvenience experienced, although I understand the courier company did cause some issues.

Mr. BMF, we appreciate your support and look forward to future visits from you.

Surabaya
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Hotel location very closed to Shopping malls, nice lobby and good room, food is excellent taste, staff friendly and helpful, sure i will come back to this hotel. if you coming for business or family, the Parklane one of the favorite Hotel for you.

Room Tip: New Deluxe high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jakarta
Reviewed 10 October 2013

i stayed for two nighs with my wife, the staff very nice, all reception very talanted , very helpful, lobby is good and also room was large, special new deluxe, pool also big and nice, i will back once go to jakarta on my next visit, good luck ParkLane,

Room Tip: premiere king size is good room
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Park Lane is an excellent hotel for the money. It is centrally located and within easy reach of the CBD and the bars/restaurants of South Jakarta. When I say "within easy reach" I obviously mean traffic-dependant as the traffic in Jakarta is by far the worst I have ever seen anywhere in the world. The saving grace is that taxis are ridiculously cheap so as long you don't mind spending time sat in them, all is good.

There is a top-end shopping mall only a couple of hundred yards away

Back to the hotel; the service is that of a five star hotel which is what you'd expect given that it has a five star rating. The room I had was plenty big enough and the bathroom was of a decent size too. Room had flat screen tv, work desk, lazy chair, king-size bed, mini-bar, fridge and safe. Decent wi-fi covers the hotel. If I have any issues it would be the packet coffee in the rooms. In a five star hotel I would expect a little better than nescafe sachets. Saying that, it is a minor niggle

The buffet breakfast is fantastic and the a la carte menu, albeit not huge, has a varied choice. Service is excellent. I didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes for anything ordered from the a la carte menu.

I have yet to check out the leisure facilities but will be in due course. Have heard good things

All in all, a very pleasant experience

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Mr. Stevie Boyallen,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta and glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

Your comment regarding Nescafe coffee sachet is well noted and we will check availability of other brands and test them.

Apart from this I’m glad that you commented positively on other aspects of the hotel especially regarding our service. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

For 5 star hotel, the room and pool are so small. Also it so hard to get a transport, but their staff helped to order a taxi. But the restaurant is really good, I love their breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Miss. N Laili,
I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay last year at The Park Lane Jakarta.
I apologize if you found the room and pool are not big enough. However, I’m pleased to inform you that the pool area has been re-landscaped and hardscaped with new pool furniture. We also have completed a refurbishment of all guest rooms with complete change of furniture, including new King Koil bed, carpet, a new color scheme, improved lighting, new thermostat, and a flat screen TV.
Whilst we have a Blue Bird taxi dispatcher stand at the hotel by to provide taxis for our guests, I understand that it is sometimes difficult to find a taxi in peak hours or when it is raining but I’m happy that our staff were able to assist.
Apart from this, I’m glad that you liked our food and enjoyed your stay at The Park Lane. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.