“I would love to live here for years!”

The Park Lane Jakarta
Ranked #30 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The room I have now feels like a comfy studio apartment which I absolutely love. Big spacious bathroom and a big closet to put all my clothes and luggage. It's near to Kota Kasablanka (a couple of minutes walking wouldnt kill you). I stayed here for a month.
This is the kind of room that I want to make for my studio apartment.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the Casablanca street. Im not keen to look out to the graveyard though ( I'm...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Every member of staff from the doormen to the chefs was friendly and helpful. Any request was met with a smile and immediate effective response. Dlighted with the stay. The hotel is what one would expect from any international hotel of this class. Personally I would have liked some local, Indonesian cultural touches but it was clean, comfortable, provided anything and everything you might need and everything worked. We stayed he because we thought it was convenient to the antique market, 30 mins by taxi... That's about as convenient as anything gets in Jakarta's traffic, there are some malls nearby, which seems to be true of most hotels in this city. I would definitely be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay in November at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments regarding our staff are really appreciated.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A centrally located Eco friendly 5 Star Hotel in the heart of Jakarta with good services and delicious Asian/Indonesian food. Don't try Indian food here, it's disaster...a airport pick up facility can be provided by Hotel on request or as per trip package... I give a thumbs up for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Mr. Kataria

I read with interest the feedback you posted online following your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.
I have passed on your comment regarding Indian food to our Executive Chef for further improvement. If you have a moment, some specifics sent to exec_chef@parklanejakarta.com would assist him improving.
Apart from this, I’m glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Was here for my business trip. Usually upon checking in a hotel, you knock on a door before entering (some superstition), check how clean is the bathroom, jump on the bed, and proceed to open the curtains to enjoy the view.

I wish I had not done the last step, else I would have rated 5 stars. The location is more accessible to the SCBD area compared to staying in the north. Breakfast is great, staffs have good English and the room is spacious and clean. They also deserve the praise for their eco-friendly initiative.

The glitch is that the plot of land behind the hotel is a cemetery. It was a first for me to have an aerial view of a cemetery.

Would I return again? A strong yes, but without opening the curtains.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in May at The Park Lane Jakarta.
Your comment regarding cemetery view is well noted. Whilst the room assignment is subject to availability, may I suggest you to mention your preference on your future bookings and we will make a note of it in your guest history.
Apart from this, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Park Lane. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I should say, this is an extremely good hotel. The only reason I don't give it 5 points is there is so much competition in Jakarta, particularly among the five star ones, where the overall standards are so high.

This hotel is still undergoing some upgrading, which meant that the high-end restaurant on the ground floor was closed for renovation. The main lobby could do with some attention too, but my room was very well and tastefully upgraded already.

Staff are also extremely efficient. The last time I stayed here was 2005, but I was pleasantly surprised that they still had my details on check in. Level of attention was just right, which means everything I asked for got done, but I didn't really notice the staff. Just as it should be.

The location is convenient for the CBD. They are building a flyover accross the junction nearby, which as long as it doesn't get killed off by politics, should mean the constant traffic outside is alleviated.

It will be interesting to see what this place is like when the upgrade programme is complete. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms are very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Chidlom

Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay last month at The Park Lane Jakarta and glad that we were able to meet your expectations. For your information the lobby will be reviewed once the renovation of our Riva restaurant is completed.

Your support is certainly valued and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 days with my 9 year old daughter. On check in we were upgraded. Room was fantastic with view out over the pool. After just a few hours there the staff were greeting us by name. Pool is perfect. Only 5 minutes walk to Cassablanca Mall which has everything you may need. Food at restaurant and buffet was nice and good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tsvmummuy
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The best thing about The Park Lane is the professional, friendly and enthusiastic service you receive from most of the staff. It doesn’t take a smart guy to realize that they must be treated well: it shows in their level of motivation.
Even though the property is getting on in years, and could do with a bit of a re-fit in some of the public areas, it is spotlessly clean. So clean it practically sparkles. I watched one of the cleaners scrub and polish a tap in one of the public restrooms. It was done with such enthusiasm that it could have been used as a training video on You Tube.
The same level of cleanliness extends to the guest rooms. I stayed there for 14 days, and every day my room was spotless. On top of this, my laundry was returned by early afternoon. Also worth a mention is the bed which enables a comfortable slumber
The health club and swimming pool area are certainly well above average, with the gym adding new equipment since my last visit. Even though they seem to sell “outside” memberships, it was never extremely crowded – there were enough machines to go round.
As I was running a training seminar, I ate at the hotel every day. The breakfast was good. Even though there were different “egg chefs”, omelettes were consistently good. Coffee is made to order and is superb! The lunch buffet was varied, although it could do with some more local food and a greater variety of salads.
One part of the hotel that was problematic was the business centre. Every simple request was an issue and was met with such a lengthy explanation as to “why it couldn’t be done”. I just stopped going there. Truly it was not worth the dramatic increase in blood pressure!
Another problem is the speed of the internet. It reminds me of the early days of “dial-up”. It is called high speed, but it isn’t – unless they mean that the local provider is “high”. Although, after I mentioned this to a staff member, the speed was increased.
The hotel’s location has been enhanced by the Kota Casablanca Shopping Mall that is only a five minute walk away. The mall has a great range of restaurants, plus all the other “brand” shops common to malls everywhere.
I would definitely recommend The Park Lane. It is a great night’s sleep, and it has excellent staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BMF60
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Mr BMF,

Many thanks for this feedback which will be posted on our Employee notice board.

Our Executive Chef, Pak Deden has taken note of providing more local food and a greater variety of salads at the buffet.

Likewise, Pak Ichwan, Director of Rooms, will follow up with some further training in the Business Center. My apologies for any inconvenience experienced, although I understand the courier company did cause some issues.

Mr. BMF, we appreciate your support and look forward to future visits from you.