“Decently priced business hotel”

The Park Lane Jakarta
Ranked #33 of 469 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in Park Lane. I have never stayed in this hotel before and my first impression was really good. The lobby exuded elegance and the receptionists were skilled and helpful. I stayed in Grand Deluxe room with a city view. The room was spacey with a big bathroom. All was clean and tidy. I think each room comes with a complimentary 1.5 liter bottle of mineral water, which is great for me. The bed itself was very comfortable. The TV got a large selection of channels, both local and global. What impressed me the most is the selection and quality of the breakfast buffet. I thoroughly enjoyed each breakfast during my stay. Too bad I didn't have time to try the pool. They also have a decent conference room for a meeting. And I think if you rent their meeting/conference room, you can ask for a lunch buffet package together with that room.

Though I generally enjoy my stay, there were several disappointments. First is that the internet wasn't really a hi-speed one. Since I work mostly online and sometimes with large files, their internet couldn't actually be a good support to my work. The second is that they didn't provide razor and tooth brush. This could be my fault as I didn't actually ask them about it. The third one is probably the location. In rush hour, you simply can't go out with a vehicle as the street right in front of the hotel entrance/exit will be very congested. This could be bad if you have business or meeting not in the hotel itself. To summarize, the hotel is located not that close to central business area in Jakarta, though also not that far.

All in all, I enjoyed the stay here and it's possible that I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Sir,

I read with interests the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I have taken up your comments regarding internet speed and WI-Fi with our IT Manager. Our internet speed standard is 512 kbps but this can be increased on request to our IT Department. Likewise if you find the WI-Fi signal is not strong enough, please contact our IT team in future through either the hotel telephone operator or the Front Desk and they will be happy to assist you.

For your information, we are in the process of printing a little note to be placed in the bathroom in addition to the reference already printed in the Guest Room Directory that you may not have seen stating that additional amenities such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shavers, etc. are available on request at Housekeeping Department. However, I have made a note in your Guest History to provide a toothbrush for you on your future visits.

Actually, center of business activities and shopping malls in Rasuna Said and Mega Kuningan are located not far from the hotel and can be reached easily by taxi. However, I understand that in rush hour, traffic congestion at Jl. Satrio and Casablanca can be an issue and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced because of this current situation.

Apart from this, I’m glad that you commented positively on other aspects of the hotel.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for the 1st time and for 4 nights. I had nothing to complain. Not all is perfect as the hotel seems to have come to age and it is documented by some ongoing renovation works. Lobby is full of kitchen smell from the restaurant below. But this all gives this hotel it's particular charm. Rooms are spacious, everything worked, bed and pillows are comfortable, AC was quiet, Internet included. I also liked the food, excellent steaks at the bar. Pool area is inviting, too. Most worth to mention - and this for me makes the difference anywhere I go - was the friendliness of the hotel's personnel. I will certainly return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I have passed on your comment regarding our lobby that has a scent of kitchen odor from the Restaurant below to our Chief Engineer for further action. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and I apologize for any inconvenience experienced.

I do appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff as this is such an important element. Rest assured this will be passed on to them.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Efficient airport pick-up, security, business center and wi-fi service- made my business stay very smooth and pleasurable. Staff was kind and English-speaking as well. Seemed to be chosen by a vast spectrum of clientele, western, oriental to local. Located in a convenient location- J. Casablanca provides good access to most destinations in central Jakarta. Meals were nice, an amalgamation of local, regional and western cuisine.

Room Tip: Rooms are big- maybe not facing the main road has a better view of the cityscape.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in December at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments regarding our staff are really appreciated.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a good location. The lighting in the rooms is superb, so it's a great hotel for writing reports, reading documents, etc. in the evening. The rooms are big, clean and well-maintained. The staff are great. Also, there's a really good selection of food at breakfast/evening time. The hotel is very near the Casablanca mall and it's possible to walk there in under 10 minutes without crossing roads, etc. which is great for a congested city like Jakarta. I would stay here again - they also offer a pick-up to/from the airport, which is useful.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel, a bit costly but possible for big group like meetings or workshop. The food was good and tea break was plenty, however, a little tranditional snack should be added to the coffee break. This will make the trip a very pleasant one with some taste of nice Indenesian snacks which are unique.
The location is perfect, as it is between a nuce shopping mall with restaurants to try. however, if you are very fond of Chinese seafood in Indonesia, you need to gonore than 30 minutes by car to have one. The ones near hotel were not as fantastics. Chiana town will be too far to reach theough heavy traffic of Jakarta.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It is several years since I stayed at this hotel and the intervening have not been very kind to this hotel. It is in need of reservation, some being done, too little too late!!!
I stayed in a club room (very nice room) and so used the executive lounge, i was disappointed with the attitude and helpfulness of the staff there.
Also the breakfast was very disappointing and did not compare well to the breakfast available in the main restaurant, I had one breakfast in each to compare.
For the prie range it does not compare well with the competition!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback you posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced in our service at the Premier Club floor Lounge. I have discussed this up with our Guest Service Manager but if you do have a moment to provide me with more specific details if would certainly assist with helping us to improve.

Space limitations for the Premier Club Lounge breakfast set up preclude having such an extensive choice as in the Café One however, Premier Club guests do have the option to take breakfast there if they wish.

I appreciate your comment regarding the guest room itself. Service though, also needs to match and we hope you might let us have the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit as your support is certainly valued.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The room I have now feels like a comfy studio apartment which I absolutely love. Big spacious bathroom and a big closet to put all my clothes and luggage. It's near to Kota Kasablanka (a couple of minutes walking wouldnt kill you). I stayed here for a month.
This is the kind of room that I want to make for my studio apartment.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the Casablanca street. Im not keen to look out to the graveyard though ( I'm...