“Outstanding Jakarta Hotel”

The Park Lane Jakarta
Ranked #33 of 470 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Amazing suites. Excellent food. Best cover band in Indonesia with 8 members and three top female vocalists. Guitarists, bass player, drummer and keyboardist all tops. Playing American and Indonesian Classic Rock hits along with today's top 40. My highest recommendation. The bank in the Stix lounge alone was worth the price of the hotel after a long business day (Sweet Child of Mine and the cover songs by Adele really showed off the range of talent of this outstanding band).

Room Tip: Try the king bed suite vs the two doubles. Worth the extra. Definitely hit the basement lounge dis...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Sir,

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in February at The Park Lane Jakarta.

We do appreciate your support and are glad you enjoyed your time especially in Stix and your good comments for the band are really appreciated.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed there for 2 Days 1 Night (22nd Jan 2014 - 23rd Jan 2014) for a business trip. Was caught up in a massive jam which is quite normal in Jakarta. Taxi wise, we took the 'Blue Bird' taxi which is one of the safest taxi companies who charge by the meter. The rest of the taxi companies are charging and negotiating for a fee or charges more through their meters. Upon reaching the hotel lobby, first impression I got is that it is very clean and the service staff were friendly. We reached there at 11am and went to had lunch at the restaraunt which is located at Basement 1. I ordered Chicken Rice which taste very good but just a tad too oily. The restaraunt also served buffet for lunch and dinner as well but I chose the ala-carte for lunch.

The hotel room wise, first impression is that it is very clean and spacious. The only downside is that they do not have iron and ironing board and no umbrella. The wifi password uses your name and door room no. which was complicated to type hence i tapped on the restaraunt WIFI which I was still able to tap on. The other concern that future visitors might take note is that there is a room view which faces the cemetery. Even though i got a bit of a shock but i was surprised that the cemetery was neatly arranged. Didn't used much of the facilities there as I was busy with meeting up with my partner which was just located next to the hotel.

Dinner wise, we went to the nearby shopping mall 'Kota Kasablanka' which was just a 10 minutes walk away from the hotel. It is a very quiet mall but very huge mall that segregates the eating restaraunts and the shopping retail stores. The food there I must say is definitely worth a try with their local food galore. Nasi Padang and the likes are definitely some of the must eats when you are in Jakarta.

Heading back home was a breeze as traffic headed towards the airport was relatively smooth flowing. Nevertheless it was a good trip.

Room Tip: If you mind the cemetery view, you can choose to opt one that is either facing the swimming pool or...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta. I’m sorry that you had to experience heavy traffic in Jakarta particularly on busy hours.

Let me first of all apologize for the inconvenience experienced due to all our irons/ironing boards being in use when you requested for one. I have asked our Executive Housekeeper to check again the quantity we have available for guest use and add to it if we are short. In the meantime however, I have made a note in your Guest History to have an iron and ironing board automatically placed in your room for any future visits. As for umbrellas, they are only provided in Executive Business room or available to borrow on request at our Concierge.

I have spoken to our Executive Chef regarding your chicken rice that was too oily. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I understand that the graveyard view may not be ideal for some people. So I also have made a note in your Guest History to allocate you a Pool View room for your future visits.

Apart from this, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comment regarding our service. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel itself is very nice, big spacious rooms, everything works, in terms of design you can't fault it. The service is faultless and there's a huge amount that makes you really want to love the hotel. Assume anything not otherwise mentioned is excellent.
There are however a few issues for the hotel. I didn't have a chance to eat at Stix, the hotel's steak house but I did try their restaurant below the lobby and also room service. As an example I ordered a burger for room service and while the burger itself was very tasty the chips were quite disappointing. If it weren't for the fact the food is quite pricey I'd not be so bothered but it is a shame that such an otherwise excellent hotel is let down by the food.
The only other issues I had were relatively minor. Firstly I'm unusually tall, two metres tall to be precise and the shower head unfortunately comes down to about 190cm off the ground. The other issue was the internet. The internet is a bit like the hotel, fantastic in most ways. The system itself is exceptionally well designed and hassle free. The connection is rock steady and the ping is incredibly low, just a few milliseconds (for those not in the know this is the lag time on the connection, how long it takes between you asking for something and the response coming back). The only issue is that the bandwidth for the connection is very limited. As such the connection works fantastically for browsing the web or something like online gaming but the speed (500 kilobits, about 63 kilobytes per second) means that streaming video isn't an option and downloads are very slow.

As a quick summary, fantastic hotel only really let down by the food. The shower is only an issue if you're really tall and the internet would be sufficient for most and is very reliable. The rest is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Mr. Chris,

Many thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta. I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta.

Your comment regarding the food taste and price is well noted and will be passed on to our Executive Chef for review.

In regard to the internet issue you highlighted, I understand that it required high bandwidth consumption to download and I apologize that our system was not able to provide the speed as per your expectation. However, please contact our IT team through either the hotel telephone operator or the Front Desk and they will be happy to assist you to add the maximum bandwidth up to 1 MBps on your future visits.

Your comment regarding the shower head is correct. Unfortunately the shower head is not adjustable and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Apart from these issues, I’m glad that we were otherwise able to meet your expectations. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in Park Lane. I have never stayed in this hotel before and my first impression was really good. The lobby exuded elegance and the receptionists were skilled and helpful. I stayed in Grand Deluxe room with a city view. The room was spacey with a big bathroom. All was clean and tidy. I think each room comes with a complimentary 1.5 liter bottle of mineral water, which is great for me. The bed itself was very comfortable. The TV got a large selection of channels, both local and global. What impressed me the most is the selection and quality of the breakfast buffet. I thoroughly enjoyed each breakfast during my stay. Too bad I didn't have time to try the pool. They also have a decent conference room for a meeting. And I think if you rent their meeting/conference room, you can ask for a lunch buffet package together with that room.

Though I generally enjoy my stay, there were several disappointments. First is that the internet wasn't really a hi-speed one. Since I work mostly online and sometimes with large files, their internet couldn't actually be a good support to my work. The second is that they didn't provide razor and tooth brush. This could be my fault as I didn't actually ask them about it. The third one is probably the location. In rush hour, you simply can't go out with a vehicle as the street right in front of the hotel entrance/exit will be very congested. This could be bad if you have business or meeting not in the hotel itself. To summarize, the hotel is located not that close to central business area in Jakarta, though also not that far.

All in all, I enjoyed the stay here and it's possible that I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

I read with interests the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I have taken up your comments regarding internet speed and WI-Fi with our IT Manager. Our internet speed standard is 512 kbps but this can be increased on request to our IT Department. Likewise if you find the WI-Fi signal is not strong enough, please contact our IT team in future through either the hotel telephone operator or the Front Desk and they will be happy to assist you.

For your information, we are in the process of printing a little note to be placed in the bathroom in addition to the reference already printed in the Guest Room Directory that you may not have seen stating that additional amenities such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shavers, etc. are available on request at Housekeeping Department. However, I have made a note in your Guest History to provide a toothbrush for you on your future visits.

Actually, center of business activities and shopping malls in Rasuna Said and Mega Kuningan are located not far from the hotel and can be reached easily by taxi. However, I understand that in rush hour, traffic congestion at Jl. Satrio and Casablanca can be an issue and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced because of this current situation.

Apart from this, I’m glad that you commented positively on other aspects of the hotel.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for the 1st time and for 4 nights. I had nothing to complain. Not all is perfect as the hotel seems to have come to age and it is documented by some ongoing renovation works. Lobby is full of kitchen smell from the restaurant below. But this all gives this hotel it's particular charm. Rooms are spacious, everything worked, bed and pillows are comfortable, AC was quiet, Internet included. I also liked the food, excellent steaks at the bar. Pool area is inviting, too. Most worth to mention - and this for me makes the difference anywhere I go - was the friendliness of the hotel's personnel. I will certainly return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I have passed on your comment regarding our lobby that has a scent of kitchen odor from the Restaurant below to our Chief Engineer for further action. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and I apologize for any inconvenience experienced.

I do appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff as this is such an important element. Rest assured this will be passed on to them.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Efficient airport pick-up, security, business center and wi-fi service- made my business stay very smooth and pleasurable. Staff was kind and English-speaking as well. Seemed to be chosen by a vast spectrum of clientele, western, oriental to local. Located in a convenient location- J. Casablanca provides good access to most destinations in central Jakarta. Meals were nice, an amalgamation of local, regional and western cuisine.

Room Tip: Rooms are big- maybe not facing the main road has a better view of the cityscape.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in December at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments regarding our staff are really appreciated.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a good location. The lighting in the rooms is superb, so it's a great hotel for writing reports, reading documents, etc. in the evening. The rooms are big, clean and well-maintained. The staff are great. Also, there's a really good selection of food at breakfast/evening time. The hotel is very near the Casablanca mall and it's possible to walk there in under 10 minutes without crossing roads, etc. which is great for a congested city like Jakarta. I would stay here again - they also offer a pick-up to/from the airport, which is useful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business