“Glenn C” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Glenn C”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Park Lane Hotel is a very enjoyable place to stay while in Jakarta. The relaxed and friendly atmosphere throughout the hotel is such a breath of fresh air compared to the busy, noisy streets of Jakarta that are so close by.
The facilites are first class, everywhere is always spotless and the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. The food, drink and service in the restuarants and bar is fantastic with a wide range to choose from and their steaks in particular are definitely worth a try.
I have stayed at the park lane, 6 or 7 times in the last couple of years for business trips and have no reason to think about staying anywhere else upon my next visit to Jakarta.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are quiet and peaceful and give you sunlight first thing in the morning into the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay in March at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate your kind comments regarding service level of our staff. Rest assured this will be passed on to them.

Your support as our loyal customer is really valued and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Jon Richards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have been visiting the Park Lane a couple of times a year for around 10 years and I have always enjoyed the stay. The food is good with a choice of a good buffet restaurant, a French restaurant (prohibitively expensive though) and underground music venue/grill type food and nightclub type bar. I used to stay in the Shangri La but that became very expensive and the Park Lane seemed very good value at the time. However, on my most recent visit I would say that the rooms and corridors are starting to smell a little musty, maybe it is time for a makeover. Also, the room rate has increased and now not so much cheaper than other more modern high quality hotels. So, I will be checking competitors' room rates more carefully on my next rip in a few months. One thing however, the Australian rib eye steak with black pepper sauce that I had in the bar last week was one of the best steaks I have eaten!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Afar from a hustle the bustle of Jakarta, Park Lane Hotel still remains a hidden gems for a quite long time... Maybe the name itself doesnt stand out like any 5-star international chain hotels around but they keeps maintaining the quality and the service for their guests...

With a newly renovated rooms and other parts of the hotel, it feels fresh with a bit of classic old touch. The room is quite large for a deluxe room with a grand work desk in the corner... The window overlooking to the oasis pool amidst with high rise building surroundings.

The breakfast provides an array of irresistible food... ahh felt so full n stuffed with a happy tummy... The service was excellent too. They were quick, care, and keeping up the pace with a warm smile n response

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sir,

I was pleased to read the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I’m glad you enjoyed our new renovated room and your kind comments regarding our staff are really appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Amazing suites. Excellent food. Best cover band in Indonesia with 8 members and three top female vocalists. Guitarists, bass player, drummer and keyboardist all tops. Playing American and Indonesian Classic Rock hits along with today's top 40. My highest recommendation. The bank in the Stix lounge alone was worth the price of the hotel after a long business day (Sweet Child of Mine and the cover songs by Adele really showed off the range of talent of this outstanding band).

Room Tip: Try the king bed suite vs the two doubles. Worth the extra. Definitely hit the basement lounge dis...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Sir,

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in February at The Park Lane Jakarta.

We do appreciate your support and are glad you enjoyed your time especially in Stix and your good comments for the band are really appreciated.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed there for 2 Days 1 Night (22nd Jan 2014 - 23rd Jan 2014) for a business trip. Was caught up in a massive jam which is quite normal in Jakarta. Taxi wise, we took the 'Blue Bird' taxi which is one of the safest taxi companies who charge by the meter. The rest of the taxi companies are charging and negotiating for a fee or charges more through their meters. Upon reaching the hotel lobby, first impression I got is that it is very clean and the service staff were friendly. We reached there at 11am and went to had lunch at the restaraunt which is located at Basement 1. I ordered Chicken Rice which taste very good but just a tad too oily. The restaraunt also served buffet for lunch and dinner as well but I chose the ala-carte for lunch.

The hotel room wise, first impression is that it is very clean and spacious. The only downside is that they do not have iron and ironing board and no umbrella. The wifi password uses your name and door room no. which was complicated to type hence i tapped on the restaraunt WIFI which I was still able to tap on. The other concern that future visitors might take note is that there is a room view which faces the cemetery. Even though i got a bit of a shock but i was surprised that the cemetery was neatly arranged. Didn't used much of the facilities there as I was busy with meeting up with my partner which was just located next to the hotel.

Dinner wise, we went to the nearby shopping mall 'Kota Kasablanka' which was just a 10 minutes walk away from the hotel. It is a very quiet mall but very huge mall that segregates the eating restaraunts and the shopping retail stores. The food there I must say is definitely worth a try with their local food galore. Nasi Padang and the likes are definitely some of the must eats when you are in Jakarta.

Heading back home was a breeze as traffic headed towards the airport was relatively smooth flowing. Nevertheless it was a good trip.

Room Tip: If you mind the cemetery view, you can choose to opt one that is either facing the swimming pool or...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta. I’m sorry that you had to experience heavy traffic in Jakarta particularly on busy hours.

Let me first of all apologize for the inconvenience experienced due to all our irons/ironing boards being in use when you requested for one. I have asked our Executive Housekeeper to check again the quantity we have available for guest use and add to it if we are short. In the meantime however, I have made a note in your Guest History to have an iron and ironing board automatically placed in your room for any future visits. As for umbrellas, they are only provided in Executive Business room or available to borrow on request at our Concierge.

I have spoken to our Executive Chef regarding your chicken rice that was too oily. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I understand that the graveyard view may not be ideal for some people. So I also have made a note in your Guest History to allocate you a Pool View room for your future visits.

Apart from this, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comment regarding our service. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel itself is very nice, big spacious rooms, everything works, in terms of design you can't fault it. The service is faultless and there's a huge amount that makes you really want to love the hotel. Assume anything not otherwise mentioned is excellent.
There are however a few issues for the hotel. I didn't have a chance to eat at Stix, the hotel's steak house but I did try their restaurant below the lobby and also room service. As an example I ordered a burger for room service and while the burger itself was very tasty the chips were quite disappointing. If it weren't for the fact the food is quite pricey I'd not be so bothered but it is a shame that such an otherwise excellent hotel is let down by the food.
The only other issues I had were relatively minor. Firstly I'm unusually tall, two metres tall to be precise and the shower head unfortunately comes down to about 190cm off the ground. The other issue was the internet. The internet is a bit like the hotel, fantastic in most ways. The system itself is exceptionally well designed and hassle free. The connection is rock steady and the ping is incredibly low, just a few milliseconds (for those not in the know this is the lag time on the connection, how long it takes between you asking for something and the response coming back). The only issue is that the bandwidth for the connection is very limited. As such the connection works fantastically for browsing the web or something like online gaming but the speed (500 kilobits, about 63 kilobytes per second) means that streaming video isn't an option and downloads are very slow.

As a quick summary, fantastic hotel only really let down by the food. The shower is only an issue if you're really tall and the internet would be sufficient for most and is very reliable. The rest is excellent.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Parklane_jkt, General Manager at The Park Lane Jakarta, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mr. Chris,

Many thanks for the feedback from your recent stay at The Park Lane Jakarta. I read with interest the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta.

Your comment regarding the food taste and price is well noted and will be passed on to our Executive Chef for review.

In regard to the internet issue you highlighted, I understand that it required high bandwidth consumption to download and I apologize that our system was not able to provide the speed as per your expectation. However, please contact our IT team through either the hotel telephone operator or the Front Desk and they will be happy to assist you to add the maximum bandwidth up to 1 MBps on your future visits.

Your comment regarding the shower head is correct. Unfortunately the shower head is not adjustable and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Apart from these issues, I’m glad that we were otherwise able to meet your expectations. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in Park Lane. I have never stayed in this hotel before and my first impression was really good. The lobby exuded elegance and the receptionists were skilled and helpful. I stayed in Grand Deluxe room with a city view. The room was spacey with a big bathroom. All was clean and tidy. I think each room comes with a complimentary 1.5 liter bottle of mineral water, which is great for me. The bed itself was very comfortable. The TV got a large selection of channels, both local and global. What impressed me the most is the selection and quality of the breakfast buffet. I thoroughly enjoyed each breakfast during my stay. Too bad I didn't have time to try the pool. They also have a decent conference room for a meeting. And I think if you rent their meeting/conference room, you can ask for a lunch buffet package together with that room.

Though I generally enjoy my stay, there were several disappointments. First is that the internet wasn't really a hi-speed one. Since I work mostly online and sometimes with large files, their internet couldn't actually be a good support to my work. The second is that they didn't provide razor and tooth brush. This could be my fault as I didn't actually ask them about it. The third one is probably the location. In rush hour, you simply can't go out with a vehicle as the street right in front of the hotel entrance/exit will be very congested. This could be bad if you have business or meeting not in the hotel itself. To summarize, the hotel is located not that close to central business area in Jakarta, though also not that far.

All in all, I enjoyed the stay here and it's possible that I'll stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

I read with interests the comments you posted online following your stay in January at The Park Lane Jakarta.

I have taken up your comments regarding internet speed and WI-Fi with our IT Manager. Our internet speed standard is 512 kbps but this can be increased on request to our IT Department. Likewise if you find the WI-Fi signal is not strong enough, please contact our IT team in future through either the hotel telephone operator or the Front Desk and they will be happy to assist you.

For your information, we are in the process of printing a little note to be placed in the bathroom in addition to the reference already printed in the Guest Room Directory that you may not have seen stating that additional amenities such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shavers, etc. are available on request at Housekeeping Department. However, I have made a note in your Guest History to provide a toothbrush for you on your future visits.

Actually, center of business activities and shopping malls in Rasuna Said and Mega Kuningan are located not far from the hotel and can be reached easily by taxi. However, I understand that in rush hour, traffic congestion at Jl. Satrio and Casablanca can be an issue and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced because of this current situation.

Apart from this, I’m glad that you commented positively on other aspects of the hotel.