“Nice athmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta
Ranked #97 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
“Nice athmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I went to Sultan in early of November 2013 and it was nice. Although the room is a bit outdated but it is well-maintain, so everything was fine for us. I knew Sultan since I was little due to I was born and raised in Jakarta and currently working out of Jakarta. Breakfast was nice with many varieties. But, just a little suggestion for the restaurant, do not refill the food longer and kept the chafing dish empty. Overall, it was a nice stayed. I sent message to the General Manager, Mr. Nyoman, and he replied it really nicely. Will definitely go back to Sultan for next vacation in Jakarta. 5 minutes away from the shopping center, driving range, shooting range, and restaurants which is great. Nice hotel. Keep it up!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SultanJakarta10002, General Manager at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear IrVal15,

Thank You so much for sharing your stay experience at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta.

We will share this with our team and associates and we look forward to welcome you back at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta.

Sincerely Yours,

I Nyoman Sarya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dufftown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

If you are visiting Jakarta it's well worth paying a little extra at the Sultan (formerly the Hilton) for a Club floor room. The views are excellent from the Club level and so are the choices of complimentary wine/drinks and food.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SultanJakarta10002, General Manager at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear PeterV,

Thank You for sharing your stay experience with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we will share this to our management and our Executive Floor Team.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta.

Sincerely Yours,
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Large hotel, well located in central Jakarta. Friendly servcie but the hotel is a bit old fashioned/traditional, fine if that is your choice I guess. I had an executive room on the 14/F. Large with good view of Jakarta skyline, safe, tea/coffee making, free minibar (soft drinks and beer), flatscreen TV, aircon, free and easy to connect wifi, large comfortable and clean bed, desk. Bathrom had full sized bath tub and walk in shower and there is a supply of quality toiletries. For this room type the Executive Lounge on the 13/F is avaialble where you can take breakfast (much more relaxed and quiter than the main Lagoon Cafe breakfast) and also you can get evening drinks and snacks (actually I ate enough for dinner).The only thing is you cannot wear shorts in this lounge during weekdays.So all in all not a bad stay, no complaints really just the style of the hotel is not quite for me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Poliwhirl
SultanJakarta10002, General Manager at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Poliwhirl,

Thank You for sharing your comment with us.

We are glad that you enjoy your stay with us, we are continuing our refurbishment program. And we hope that it will be available to welcome you on the next stay.

Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed 2 night s in this property for bussiness trip in Jakarta by end of September 2013. The location in good in the central of Jakarta. I enjoyed it very much. Staffs are very friendly, attentive and helpful. Breakfast also great with many selection. Lovely General manager Mr. Nyoman Sarya who welcome us when arrive and also say hello when we were having breakfast. Such a nice touch for very big hotel.
I defenately recomend this hotel if you need to travel to jakarta.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SultanJakarta10002, General Manager at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Gun 99,

Thank You for sharing your stay experience at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta.

We are glad that you have an enjoyable stay with us, and we look forward to welcome you back at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a really nice hotel - clean, big rooms, with friendy, hard-working and efficient staff. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. There is a wide choice of restaurants, with very convenient opening hours. Choice of food at breakfast is exceptional! The room was perfect. The management are trying hard, and it's working.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SultanJakarta10002, General Manager at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Elaine,

Thank You for sharing your experience during your stay with us.

We really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcome you back at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta.

malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

After checking out of the horrible hotel, boss checked me into this. It was quite heavenly to me when I first stepped in as compared to the other hotel. However the spoilt brat in me whose been spoilt by the W, grand Hyatt and Ritz Cartlons etc was quick to spot that the hotel is in need of revamp and upgrade. But basic hotel with yr standard amenities. Room is fairly clean and bed smell fresh. I guess after 2 nights of horrible sleep I had, I felt so happy that I was sure some tears of gratitude was welling up.
Breakfast spread is quite Huge n there is a nice juicer where this man will serve freshly squeezed juices right in front of you. Breakfast like most big hotels a little chaotic with many travel groups. Overall not such a bad hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Misspiggy,

We really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcome you back at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta.

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

The first time I travelled in May this year but reluctant to book. This time though I was recommended and it was worth the stay. It was a very short stay of just over 14 hours but did explore the hotel a little bit. Was hoping we had got the better side of the hotel, looked newer than the mid section I stayed. Nevertheless found the place and room clean, staff very helpful, buffet moderate and overall am coming back to stay...

Proximity by walk to shopping and food centres would be difficult to the hotel I think, but will explore options next time...

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sameer B
Dear Sameer,

We are glad that you have an enjoyable stay with us, your comment is highly appreciated. And we will share this with all of our associates.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.