Coming from a egalitarian country where wearing sandals (incl flipflop) is permissible at public domain, including hotel establishments, I found Hotel Mulia's "no-sandal policy" was ridiculous. The hotel management should've informed/ warned hotel guests when the guests made their bookings in order to avoid unnecessary 'unpleasant welcome'.
My partner and I encountered some unpleasant situations:
- I sent my lovely (expensive!) black-and-white winter coat for dry cleaning. Looking at the dry-cleaning price, I was expecting a first class service. I was horribly wrong. My black-and-white winter coat came back as a grey coat. The smell of detergent was very strong - I suspected it was sent to the washing/ laundrying department. I was speechless and regretted (still does!) for sending this piece of wardrobe to Hotel Mulia's dry clean department.
- We turned 'do not disturb' light on because we had so many important documents in our room. One day, we came back from lunch and caught one staff red handed! He was cleaning our bathroom!!
- This one is not really important... but during breakfast time, you have to be ready to 'compete' with other patrons. Local guests love to grab lots and lots of food and many of them didn't even bother to queue. Looking at this hotel nightly rate, I thought these people should have basic manners, but sadly they're not.
The location was good, but having these unpleasant situations, it's extremely difficult for NOT to recommend this hotel.
My Indonesian friends told me that
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Jakarta, the five-star, 40-storey Hotel Mulia Senayan boasts 839 tastefully decorated and well-appointed rooms and suites to satisfy the needs of both the business and leisure traveler alike. The hotel commands unobstructed views of 18-hole. Senayan Golf Course and Jakarta's skyline with easy access from the toll road to Soekarno-Hatta airport which can be reached from the hotel in 25 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Southall Travel so you can book your Hotel Mulia Senayan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mulia Senayan Hotel
- Mulia Senayan Jakarta