“Expensive yes, good quality...errr not necessarily” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mulia Senayan

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Mulia Senayan
Ranked #11 of 454 Hotels in Jakarta
Melbourne, Australia
“Expensive yes, good quality...errr not necessarily”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

Coming from a egalitarian country where wearing sandals (incl flipflop) is permissible at public domain, including hotel establishments, I found Hotel Mulia's "no-sandal policy" was ridiculous. The hotel management should've informed/ warned hotel guests when the guests made their bookings in order to avoid unnecessary 'unpleasant welcome'.

My partner and I encountered some unpleasant situations:
- I sent my lovely (expensive!) black-and-white winter coat for dry cleaning. Looking at the dry-cleaning price, I was expecting a first class service. I was horribly wrong. My black-and-white winter coat came back as a grey coat. The smell of detergent was very strong - I suspected it was sent to the washing/ laundrying department. I was speechless and regretted (still does!) for sending this piece of wardrobe to Hotel Mulia's dry clean department.
- We turned 'do not disturb' light on because we had so many important documents in our room. One day, we came back from lunch and caught one staff red handed! He was cleaning our bathroom!!
- This one is not really important... but during breakfast time, you have to be ready to 'compete' with other patrons. Local guests love to grab lots and lots of food and many of them didn't even bother to queue. Looking at this hotel nightly rate, I thought these people should have basic manners, but sadly they're not.

The location was good, but having these unpleasant situations, it's extremely difficult for NOT to recommend this hotel.
My Indonesian friends told me that

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yogya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

- Location is very strategic, very close to Plaza Senayan where you can find all things that you need (shopping mall, cinema, restaurant, etc)
- The rate includes airport delivery service which help you a lot. Once you landed in airport, somebody is already ready to pick you up to the hotel. The rate also includes breakfast where the variety is really remarkable. There are so many options of break fast provided.
- Hotel room is huge (in European Standard) and basically the interior is very good.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LinoYogya
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

Started off right. When we checked ini, service was quite fast. Luggages were brought up quite fast.

BEWARE to future hotel guests: this hotel has a no-sandals policy.
My husband and I were trying to go back to our room after we parked the car in the hotel's parking lot. Then, as we walked through the security gate from the parking lot, the security guy literally scolded us for wearing sandals and we were denied entry by the security guy despite us showing our room key. Then, he insisted that it is the hotrl policy. What's more bizzare:
1. The security guy then used his walkie talkie to inform the people inside the hotel, as if, to warn them that we (sandals wearing hotel guests) were going inside. At that moment, we felt like like we were some criminals! How rude!!

2. The security guy warned us to go straight to our room, and not wander around the hotel. The guy even cummunicated it to his colleagues through his walkie talkie, making sure we went straight to our room.

3. When we finally were permitted to go to our room, I reconfirmed the hotel no-sandals policy to the front desk. I was extremely shocked to find that their response was they provide SANDALS that I could borrow. Huh?! Didnt they just tell me that they have no-sandals policy?!

My husband and I travel extensively and have never encountered such policy, even more humiliated.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IlovePatrick
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

This is a great hotel for business travellers who just needs everything to be convenient and hassle-free. Service desk always answers calls promptly when calling from the room, fast room service, excellent food, comfortable furnishings, and staff are helpful and approachable. My main (perhaps only) complaint is that the rooms are generally far too cold - even when the air-cond is generally turned off, ventilation alone (when you're not in the room) gets it cold again in no time, no mean feat in such a hot country.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Daengkirana
Bordeaux
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

There is nothing I dislike about this hotel. All is nice. The restaurant available there, the facility, the room and everything is very nice. It also has a huge ballroom which the kitchen provides very nice Peking Duck. If I come to Jakarta and have to choose a hotel. definetly this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ryfrends
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

On a recent stay, everything was excellent. The hotel is a little out of the way, especially during Jakarta rush hour traffic. It can take an extra 45 minutes to get to your destination from the Mulia.
Also, I had 3 free articles of clothing washed per day, but when I checked out there were fees for this service (not for actually doing the laundry) but fees that were about 2.5 US dollars per day per article of clothing...not good. Lastly, the beer at the premium bar was Bintang and one European Beer (Ok, but I would like more choice).

Worth the money.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sclotz
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

Great service and rooms. Relatively expensive but still great value for money. Nightclub downstairs is lively.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business