“Exquisite!”

Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta
Ranked #11 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a business trip, spent sometimes in this grand hotel and made a fantastic experience. All from the hotel rooms (one of the best), staff service and warm smile, buffet selections, delicious cakes and the afternoon serenade in the Cascade lounge was remarkable. The executive floor gives you good deal IMO.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

It was one of the best hotel i've ever stayed.
The location of the hotel is very strategic, the room is large, clean and they have a great service too. It makes you feels like you are a king in your room. Good job mulia..

• Stayed: December 2012
HotelMulia-Senayan, Manager at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Davis255057,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta and for sharing your wonderful experience.

It is great to learn that you have enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you staying with us. We truly appreciate your comments about our quality of product and service, which we will surely share with all our team of dedicated staff.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I came back to Mulia after first stay at mulia senayan and mulia bali. Both stays had been awesome and decided to come back for my trip in june.

Stayed for 2 nihgts and it was as excellent as the first one. Room still a bit too cold but food and other srrvices were absolutely great. Esp.the restaurants. They can never go wrong.

Staff were friendly, services were immediate and i enjoyed the pool and the pool bar.

Will come back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife loves this hotel as it provides fruits in the room every day & we can even pick some apples or oranges in the lobby. Strategic location to Plaza Senayan Mall & Sudirman area. The rooms are spacy, good furnitures, but most of all, ....... excellent breakfast ....... (^.~)

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on the upper levels to have the view of Jakarta at night :-)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Octovianus G
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Octovianus G,

We are very pleased to hear that you and your wife have enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for the positive remarks about our service and facilities.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Large hotel. Rooms size is ok and has standard amenities. The rooms are freezing cold though. Despite the room directory stating that rooms have individually controlled temperature, is not the case.
Cold front desk to ask and check AC since it was far too cold. They said they would send technician to check. Technician rocks up and appears to fix it and advises me to wait one hour for the room to warm up Two hours later.. freezing cold.
Next day.. same scenario... call front desk. Will send technician. Different diagnosis now. Individual controls is not working and says he will set manual. Still no difference.
Finally i decide to make complaint to the reception in person. They say they can not adjust since AC is centrally controlled.
Being fed up... I ask to speak to the manager in charge. Surprising twist of events... "because of the rain today, hotel is very cold...."

In short... all hotel staff and technicians (6 different staff) know very well that AC can not be adjusted and that you simply have to bear with whatever temperature they have decided for you.
And they will make up whatever story will lie through their teeth in order not to admit this.

There was 6 of us on business trip. All agreed rooms freezing cold and not comfortable.
In itself not too big of a drama but hotel staff will simply lie and tell some story to keep you happy.
Don't think our next business trip will be in Mulia.

Room Tip: If you don't like cold rooms - don't go here... you will not be able to warm them up
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank aries104

Dear aries104,

Thank you very much for staying with us on your most recent visit to Jakarta and also for raising your concerns. We are sorry to hear that your stay experience with us was not as per your expectation. Responding to your comment in regards to the air conditioning, we have taken your comments in to account and have forwarded them on to the respective persons in charge. It is our sincere intent to make your next visit as comfortable as possible and we hope to see you here again.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Mulia again this year during June. We found the booking process went smoothly and were given an upgrade that had been promised. In our opinion it is a good idea to join the Executive Club. The food, drinks and service in the Club are first class. We had breakfast in the Club every day. It is never that crowded and staff there really look after you. The Club staff led by Pak Armana deliver friendly service in a thoroughly professional manner. We stayed in a Grandeur Room which was terrific. One of the real pluses is the bathroom is big, clean and luxurious. We also took full advantage of the swimming pool and gym at the Mulia on a daily basis. Both are very good. So if your budget will allow for it have a splurge and stay here.

Room Tip: We recommend paying a bit extra to get an Exec Room which will give you access to the Club on the 38...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear Davis255057,

Reviewed 7 July 2013

What do I expect from a 5 Star hotel? Well, it has to be as good as I have at home. And I do not live in the lap of luxury.

Many people seem to love this hotel but, for the life of me, I can't see why. Yes, the rooms are large and lavish and the furniture warm and over-stuffed, but the room is not practical for someone living in the world today.

My in-room wifi sucked and did not stay connected. Also, I could only use it on a maximum of two devises. I think most people traveling on business carry at least three. The electrical outlets are also few and hard to get at. If you want good wifi, there are hotspots by the pool and in the dining area. Personally, I don't want to do my work in full view of other patrons.

The TV in the room was ancient. I have a flat screen hi-def at home so, in a 5 Star hotel, I expect the same.

This is the fourth time I have stayed at the Hotel Mulia as it is where my client books me into. And, even though I specify that I was a kingsize bed, they always apologies and give me a twin. Four times in a row! (My colleague suffered the same fate).

One evening my colleague and I worked by the pool which has a bar. I ordered a martini. Two customers and four staff and it only took 25 minutes. My colleagues fried rice took 45 minutes.

I had to queue for breakfast. This is something I never do at home and I certainly don't expect to queue at a 5 Star hotel.

After my last two stays, I filled out the feedback form to let them know of my disappointment. I received no response. Not even an email thanking me for my feedback. I presume that they didn't even read it because, if they did, they would have made sure I got the room I asked for on my next stay.

My guess is that their customer service training is primarily about smiling, greeting and apologizing. Maybe if it was about doing their job, the service would be better.

I have spoken to my client and will not be staying at the Hotel Mulia again. I am hoping that the new hotel is a 5 Star hotel that actually deserves 5 Stars.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Paul T

Dear Paul T,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

Thank you for bringing up your concerns, please rest assured, on a regular basis, Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta is committed to fulfilling our obligations with our prospective patrons and guests.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to your expectation.

With respect to your comment regarding the WIFI connectivity in your room, we have forwarded your concerns to the respective department and will study the feasibility of expanding the total number of devises that can be simultaneously connected.

Your request for a king size bed has been noted but like all international hotels of stature, beds are based on availability. During the reservation process , requests are taken into account but not guaranteed. However, we will do our utmost to accommodate your request in the future.

In regard to the queue at breakfast, it has been observed that occasionally when the hotel is running a high occupancy, some guests come to breakfast within the same time period. As our aim is to seat every guest, there may be a short queue, which, as you may have noticed, was quickly dealt with by the Café hostesses.

Finally, Hotel Mulia replies to all feedback forms, as these are an important part of ascertaining customer satisfaction, regretfully, no records of your feedback could be found, however, as mentioned previously, your requests have been noted and your profile updated.

We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.