“Beautiful Oasis in the Madness of Jakarta”

Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta
Ranked #8 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 night for work and I can safely say that I have never before been to a hotel that compares. Firstly there service is incredible, everywhere you go someone is there to greet you or offer help. The hotel is wonderfully clean and beautiful!

The guest rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom is amazing with it's huge tub!

There are 5 restaurants to choose from all at very reasonable prices for the quality of food. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have seen. As someone who has seen very sad offerings listed as breakfast this one blew my mind, they literally have any thing you could possibly want for breakfast. You can get a traditional american breakfast, Japanese or shines breakfast and fresh juices.

The pool is beautiful and the gym is well appointed.

Finally, it definitely feels safe. When you arrive security checks the car and all guess must go through security when they enter the building.

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Jakarta!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear BbqPeanut,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We take particular pride in our staff as they are our strongest asset.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

The Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,159)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Pros:

-Huge Rooms
-Fantastic, attentive and amazing staff.
-Great amenities
-Wonderful breakfast buffet, amazing, actually.

Cons:

-Slight mildew smell in rooms, usually common, though, for humid climate. It would help if there was air circulation throughout the day, but as with many foreign hotels, the rooms' services shut down when you remove your room key.

Room Tip: Pick a high room as it can get noisy near the street level
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Check-In101,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us. Additionally, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future where once again you may enjoy our warm hospitality.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A very comfortable stay in this bling bling hotel...though at times, a bit OTT in the 'look, we can afford this!' department. My room on the Executive Floor was very spacious and I enjoyed the warm loo seat - though less keen on the bottom fan. Food excellent though a bit pricey. I couldn't help but feel a tad conscious of the fact that all the lovely local staff serving us with bright smiles, probably could not afford to even order a coke at the establishment. A reminder that this is a city where there is massive wealth disparity

Room Tip: It is worth upgrading to the Executive Floor as you get many perks including free laundry, butler se...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear ml162,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delightful to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome on your next visit to the Hotel.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The room was spacious with a work table and a 2/3 seater sofa. Clean, nice view and daily changing of towels and such.

Wide choice of food although Italian meals are a little expensive. Breakfast buffet was good and the Chinese and Japanese restaurants offered great food.

Service was good with staff very courteous and greets guests every time.

Security is tight with checking of vehicles and bags.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tan2505,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our various facilities.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The service was solid, and the room was comfortable. I had a lovely view of a golf course and the Jakarta skyline while I worked from my room. My only real complaint is that when I tried to have breakfast at 6:30 am in my flip flops they asked me to change. If I hadn't been exhausted I probably would have found this hilarious considering I was in a developing country with views of shanty towns and I was the only one around for breakfast...not to mention it was a breakfast buffet. I realize in many countries flip flops aren't appropriate, but when you cater to foreigners (meaning this hotel) there are some things you should allow. I am sure I won't be the only one that attempts to go to breakfast in sandals - so be forewarned. :-) I do agree with other reviewers that the walls are thin, and there is smoking allowed in the restaurant areas (normal in some parts of Asia but not all).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear FinnyLynne,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our service.
With regard to the issue of flip flops, the hotel has sign boards at the entrance of every restaurant gently reminding guests that footwear resembling beach attire is not permitted in the outlets. This is in effect throughout the day.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hotel Mulia Senayang selalu dipandang sebagai hotel yang sangat luxurious di Jakarta, baik untuk perhelatan ataupun untuk menginap. Awal minggu ini saya menginap di hotel tersebut pada kunjungan bisnis ke Jakarta. Kesan mewah ada di setiap sudut hotel. Satu hal yang agak menggangu, saya berpendapat bahwa dgn melihat kebutuhan internet pada saat ini, sudah tidak pantas lagi untuk hotel, apalagi yang semewah Hotel Mulia, untuk mengenakan biaya tambahan untuk in-room WiFi, regardless apakah tamunya mengambil paket promo atau full price. Saya di charge a little bit more than 150 ribu rupiah untuk koneksi 24 jam, Bukan biaya yang besar secara keseluruhan tapi mengganggu. Satu hal lagi, di saat hotel lain yang tidak sekelas dengan Mulia sudah memasang flat screen TV, hotel ini masih memasang TV cembung seri lama - agak mengherankan. Untuk pilihan breakfast sangat beragam with very attentive service. Overall, great hotel with "but".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've stayed in Mulia many times and I always remembered my first. When I was booked that hotel i did not have slightest idea of what the hotel was and i was a bit worried considering it is a "local" hotel, the named sounded local. When i got there i was absolutely stunned with the classical and grand design of the hotel. The hotel room is huge (think vegas type hotel), the lobby is huge and there are many world class restaurants at the basement.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Rudy S,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our fine food and beverage facilities.