“Not bad - but need some upgrade on few points.”

Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta
Ranked #10 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed in Mulia for few times 2 weeks each time for business trip over the years. I feel that the hotel has started to age, and they don't catch up with technology or design. For example, the TV they're still using the very old tube TVwhich has probably no longer in production anywhere. They should replace all TV with the LCD or flat type. Then on one of the weekend, I was terribly sick because of food poisoning and even have to called in a hotel doctor, the Mulia team was prompt enough to help, I'm really thankful for that and able to recover the next business day to proceed with my work. Overall, the stay is enjoyable, bed is comfortable, and the hotel give me free massage which is not bad at all. Food is great (Will give the review separately), and free internet makes work seamless between office and hotel.

The only downside and to my annoyance is, when I was really sick there, and when I wanted to have breakfast, the staff at the Cafe keep on rejecting me to go in because I wear my slipper (it was on Sunday too). I insisted to go in as I just wanted to take porridge to eat with my medicine, and eventually they allowed me to go in, but keep on reminding me to quickly finish my food and to go out. While I understand the dress code, it's on Sunday, and I was sick, what was the big deal really ? Should ask your management team there to be in customer shoe to feel to be sick and not allowed to have your breakfast... And to my wonder, some other hotel guest are allowed to go in with sandals too....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear David A,

You will be delighted to know that we are currently in the process of refurbishing all of our guest rooms and are certain that upon your return our Hotel, you will enjoy our many improvements.

Regarding your recent dining experience at The Café, I am happy that we were able to accommodate you during your time of sickness despite our dress code policy which is observed for the comfort of all guests. With regard to footwear, appropriate sandals are allowed in the hotel. However, hotel room slippers and rubber slippers resembling beach attire are not. Sundays are quite vibrant at The Café, and regret if you in any way felt discomfort during your interactions with our attentive staff.

We look forward to welcome you again in a near future, in the meanwhile, receive warm regards from all of us!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Impeccable service staff and big, comfortable rooms make for a terrific business experience. Enjoyed lunch by the pool with strawberry smoothies that were to die for. Hotel feels very safe for western travel. Outstanding meal choices for every taste. I would highly recommend,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear William2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We truly value the opinions of our guests.

We are happy to read you enjoyed the impeccable service provided by our staff, as well as the facilities.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is my favourite hotel when visiting Jakarta: car access is good, it's always clean, the range of restaurants is great and the food is even better. But the best thing about the Mulia is the wonderful staff, especially for long-staying guests - they are so very friendly and helpful, and really go out of their way to make guests feel at home. The gym, the Cascade Lounge, then one of the restaurants is a really good way to finish a working day in Jakarta.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HotelMulia-Senayan, Hotel Mulia Senayan at Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Jonathan R,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us. Additionally, we are delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful and made you feel at home.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future where once again you may enjoy our warm hospitality.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

finished to the usual high standard expected of the Mulia brand.. everything about it is wonderful, the room, service, spa, pool, food and beverage.. the room are well equipped. there are plenty of restaurants to choose from..it is little slice of heaven in the midst of a bustling city. the staff goes above and beyond to help even the smallest request, all with a smile...if you are in Jakarta, make this your destination hotel! it is the kind of hotel you could live in a feel spoilt everyday....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NPRW2210

Dear NPRW2210,

Thank you for your thoughtful review on Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our facilities and staff to be wonderful.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The facilities and staff are amazing, ensuring my stay was a quality experience. Everything ranging from the registration process through the beautiful surroundings and facilities where excellent, the staff where attentive and not overbearing, always on hand to assist whenever required.

Room Tip: Although in Jakarta the hotel was quiet and enjoyable even when enjoying the outside facilities
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robert B,

We are happy to read you were amazed with both our facilities and staff.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just yesterday I was staying in Hotel Mulia Senayan and it was quite a good experience. I got quite a spacious room equipped not only with a desk and a bed but also a sofa. The bathroom was amazing as it has bath tub as well as shower. The toilet was a bit low though but then again it doesn't really matter.

The closet was huge and it can really contain quite some stuff (even 2-3 persons). I didn't get the chance to taste the food (breakfast) though but from what I heard the salmon buffet was splendid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ChatNoire89,

Thank you for having taken the time to review Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta.

We are happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, thoroughly enjoying your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future were we hope you will have the opportunity to experience firsthand our incredible breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

If space is luxury you get a lot of luxury for your money. I was booked into a Junior Suite in the Mulia Senayan Hotel in Jakarta and I could have played tennis in my room, so big it was. As the hotel is the only high-rise in the neighborhood I had an excellent view on the endless city below. Apart from the size of my suite, furniture was conservative and bathroom could use refurbishment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear DomS,

Warmest greetings from Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta. We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us and are delighted to read that you enjoyed your spacious Junior Suite.

We are in the process of refurbishing all the rooms, including the bathrooms and are confident that upon your return to Hotel Mulia Senayan, you will enjoy our many enhancements.

Best regards,