“Good Jakarta Stay”
Review of Aryaduta Jakarta

Aryaduta Jakarta
Ranked #67 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed with a group of friends at hotel Aryaduta for 7 days and I must say that my experience was very good. Located in Central Jakarta this 4 star property hits all points (for me) for a good place to stay with.
Although in the center but not in a crowded area, 5-10 taxi (traffic allowing) to the busier area with malls and offices.

Staff where welcoming and very friendly and put on a smile every time you pass them by.
The room size was decent although the bathroom was not. If I was a big sized person I would have issues in the bathroom especially sitting on the toilet which is placed too close to the wall. But rooms are new and kept clean, small damages that hope they keep on top of before far gone. I had a clear view from my room to monument park from my room although some of my friends complained they had a less then pleasant view (facing back) of what seemed a ghetto complete with a dirty water channel.
Breakfast was good but for a 7 day stayer it lacked variety. There is a 7/11 just a 200 meters away and a KFC for your fast food fix.
The night club/bar at the hotel with live band, although nicely made but completely dead, even I guess this is due to not being near in the crowded area of the city.

Room Tip: facing Monument Park/ high floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful... rooms are quite comfortable. The interior is beautifully decorated with old artifacts.The overall experience is good. The location is also near to major tourist attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunpradip
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Second stay in this hotel, second time I have been upgraded to junior suite. Friendly staff at reception and at the restaurant. Good buffet for breakfast and for dinner (Indonesian). Did not try the lunch buffet. Quick internet connection and good wireless througout the house. Definitely worth the cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

our recent stay at the hotel was a pleasant weekend
although i m a Jakarta citizen we chose to have a weekend break at the hotel. we enjoyed most of the hotel's facilities rather than go out for our stay. the hotel has still kept its service prime.

the spa at the hotel did us good and broke every weekday tension we had in our system
ambiente has been favourite italian resto in the hotel. some pasta, pizzas and some meat did us good for our lunch
we missed the Tavern which where cold beers wud be served as we had a good few mugs at a nearby cafe.
our dinner at Shima Japanese resto was memorable as we remembered.

for those who dont like the indoor aircon and love to stroll around the hotel sits right in the middle of Jakarta's major tourist attraction.
jakarta's major train station (not of use to me for that time being) but wud be for tourists, is a 5 mins walk from the hotel
the national monument of Jakarta and the Monas park is still a nice place to go for walks in the evening and see the various Jakartans from all walks of life doing what they love or do best - walks, kite flying, street vendors selling some really unique hand made stuff, street food, casual football, cycling and what not

not many major outlets near the hotel but all within 10-15 mins walk or a 5 mins car ride makes it very central. coffee houses, book stores, theater, cinemas etc

Room Tip: floors that allow smoking may not have great ventilation in the room but still bearable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Don't be put off by the external appearance of the hotel, I would guess it was built in the 70's. The interior has undergone an extensive refurbishment at some time and I was very happy with the spacious room and comfortable bed. All of the staff were very polite and helpful, the food in the restaurant was good, with a general selection of traditional Indonesian dishes in the evenings from the buffet. There was also an 'a la carte' menu with more European dishes available. The buffet style breakfast was also good. The lobby and bar areas were very comfortable, with a smoking and non smoking area.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor level to escape traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hotel is so comfortable and worth for the price. I loved the room and the service except of the SPA. Really disappointed. I have booked aromatherapy massage but the therapist used only baby oil which is not really worth with that much price. She walked around with her high heels and sound so annoying. She did not even give the head massage as she said she wasn't able to do it. Me and my fiancé went to receptionist and told her about it and she told us that the SPA Manager will call us back. But until our departure nobody called. No recommend for the SPA at all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Masood I
Hajakt, General Manager at Aryaduta Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Mr. Masood

Thank you very much for staying with Hotel Aryaduta Jakarta and for taking your time to share your experiences with us.
We are terribly sorry and would like to apologize for your bad experiences during your spa visit.
Please be informed that we have already taken immediate steps to investigate and improve the shortcomings from Grand Odyseus, our Spa operator.
Certainly, those are not our standards and we hope to welcome you again to show you our improvements in the spa services.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feed back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

It was my birthday and my son wanted to celebrate it in a hotel room. We enjoyed the night.

The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable. However, since this is an old hotel, there were some stains on the wall.

Breakfast was excellent, particularly the coffee. The porridge was great too.

But the best part was the pool and the whirlpool! There was an old man who look after the pool (I forgot to ask his name) and he's really passionate with his job. Aryaduta is lucky to have a dedicated staff like him.

I'd love to go back...