“Friendly and efficient staff, but need better restaurants”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #122 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Perth
“Friendly and efficient staff, but need better restaurants”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel is getting a little tired, and the decor is getting old.
However the staff are friendly and efficient, and the rooms are nice and clean and breakfast is good.
The negatives are the choice of restaurants. Two Japanese restaurants under one roof? Yes, I know that there are many Japanese businessmen in Jakarta, but I do think this is over the top. I only went to the Sushi restaurant and it was not an authentic Japanese restaurant.
The best restaurant is the Arabic restaurant which serves excellent Indian food. You would not know this because they do not advertise it as an Indian restaurant, but the food was excellent there.
Two other issues. The room that I was in was very cold and I ended up wearing a sweater in the room and one night I turned the aircon completely off for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank familytraveller5
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Familytraveller5,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced particularly with the problem you had in the room. Rest assured that we take this matter seriously and guest comment is very important to us for improvements of our facility.

Again, we wish to thank you for your feedback and look forward to your stay the next time you travel to our area.

On behalf of Crowne Plaza Jakarta Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I am Indonesian jawa&my wife Hong Kong Chinese, during our visit to Indonesia, many hotels we stay for 2 week, but we experience excellent service of mr .sunarto, he is very helpful, so we want to thank him&the door girl at the lobby, now I am not joint in IHG anymore, but your service will make me return to this hotel.my wife&daughter love to blusukan in pasar BENHILL JAKARTA.thank you pak.sunarto.bellman.&thank to pak.Toni in restaurant , both of you really have excellent service, keep up good work pak.

Budi setyawan , Hong Kong.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Budi Setyawan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We are pleased that you found our staff services were excellent. Your comments certainly motivate us to continuously improve and provide better services for our guest.

Again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

very helpful staff, i loved the every night jazz band down in the lobby, a very near massjid and a good mall , the breakfast was a class A food , taxi services available , a good business center , the bed was nice and comfy , no noise what so ever.

Room Tip: you better be an ambassador club member.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Bander 1982,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We are pleased that you had a great stay. Your comments certainly motivate us to continuously improve and provide better services for our guest.

Again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel when you are in the area.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

I travel to Jakarta a bit on business and stay either Kempinski or Mulia, I however needed to stay here on this trip. The service is very good however the hotel itself after you leave the lobby goes down hill. the corridors I don't think have airconmand if they do are not on the decor is old. From reading the reviews I booked a suite, whilst suite was huge again the room was old, sheets stained, bathrobe stained, a few cracks in the walls paintwork lifting. The gym was suited to bikram yoga it must of been mid 30s, 2 old treadmills, but good weights selection the gym itself is like the rest of how I described, old.
I had breakfast in the executive club and the selection was pretty sparce. I would recommend the main breakfast area for more selection.
It was ok for a night and is ok, I,would not give a very good rating given the standard of the hotel finishing and,it needs a,major refurb.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kiwiflier23
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Kiwiflier23,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments. I take your comment on good service as a compliment, however, I am sorry that conditions of certain hotel areas did not meet your expectation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments. It is of great importance to us.
Indeed, refurbishment of those areas have been planed in upcoming hotel refurbishment program to provide a fresher look and atmosphere for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

On behalf of Crowne Plaza Jakarta
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The Crowne Plaza Jakarta seems to be having trouble keeping up with its peers. The halls, rooms and amenities feel tired and dated. Some aspects remind me of hotels back in the 90s, such as the black plastic box televisions and sidetable switches for light control. Shower-spray control was broken, so was the bathtub plug. The room missed its services guide, nor was housekeeping good at doing their job. Worst of all, was perhaps the reception team. I had to extend my stay for one night at the request of my client. I call reception and they say I may want to book through internet to keep the same price or I can simply come down to extend at standard rates. Not wanting to bother with internet, I come down to reception only to hear that that they cannot extend my stay because they are "-10 with room bookings." I guessed they meant they were 10 rooms overbooked. Having to leave immediately for a meeting, I frantically emailed my secretary in another country to book me a nearby hotel. Interestingly enough, 15 minutes later, my secretary is able to book the Crowne Plaza. If I had to offer an example of general incompetence, I would not hesitate to offer my experience at the Crowne Plaza Jakarta. If my secretary thousands of miles away from the hotel can do a better job reserving a room than those working at the hotel onsite, then I doubt that these people know what they're doing. I have made similar requests at countless other hotels and not one hotel made an issue with such a request. There are many aspects about this hotel I could make an issue of, but I think my message is clear, so I'll stop here. Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Take a look and see if all the nobs and switches work.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank donSeoul_SouthKorea
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear donSeoul_SouthKorea,

Thank you for your review on the unpleasant service you experienced. We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity to improve our service.
Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually improving the condition and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope the shortcomings you have experienced will not deter you from patronizing Crowne Plaza Jakarta in the future.

On behalf of Crowne Plaza Jakarta Management

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed there for 3 days 2 nights over the weekend in April 2013, it was partly for work and partly pleasure.

Its location at the down town Jl Gatot Subroto is very easy to reach thru the toll road from the airport. Of course, that street is one of the busiest main street in the capital city, but normally Jakartans drivers know how to get out of the toll road and get into this hotel. 2-3 blocks from the hotel, there is a middle class shopping mall called Plaza Semanggi where we can find fast food restaurants, clothes, supermarket. It's walking distance from the hotel, however, please be careful walking in the busy sidewalks, as the condition may not 100% flat and too many people so just watch your belonging. We can also take taxi to go to Pacific Place, the high class shopping mall across the toll road, where the more fancy restaurants are, including the Ritz Carlton hotel.

The room is enough spacious, we got upgraded thanks to the one of memberships/frequent flyers program. Also thanks to that program, we got free wifi. It is not the most sophisticated hotel room, but with such price and upgrade, it is acceptable.

The food from room service quality is fine. The Indonesian dishes are good, its portion is slightly too big for ladies.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Ekristanti,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Makati
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 night, checked in and got the room with cracked toilet and cracked bathtub. Asked for another room, but the only available room was the twin bed and smoking room. Decided to stay 1 night and the receptionist said will follow up the next day about the availability, but no follow up at all. Around 1 hour after checked in I have a late lunch meeting at beranda and ordered bebek betutu. Halfway eating the duck, I found a worm in the raw veggie beside the duck. Great!!
The manager came and apologize, then offer us a free desert.
The next day I have meeting in lounge, no problem with the drinks and food.Then I continue meeting with other client at beranda. Since I got a little traumatize with the worm, we only order the drinks and cake. Few sip of orange juice, I found a small cockroach in the orange juice. I already drink that!! Well thats it. I called the manager and he apologize about that and offer us another drinks. Now we order the mineral waters since we are not sure about the hygiene in the kitchen. After finish meeting, I ask the bill and the only charged me for the cake, what a service they have huh. Won't stay here anymore. I'm writing this in my room, thankful that this is the last night I stay here. And yes,I will skip the breakfast tomorrow in beranda. Not really in the mood for another "extra" inside the food there.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure you follow up everything that you request. About the cockroach inside my...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank purplish23
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear purplish23,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry that this visit was not at par with your liking particularly with the food service that you received. Kindly be assured that we take this matter very seriously and your comments will be used to consider for improvements needed at our facility.

Again, thanks for the feedback and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G