“Indeed a Good Hotel in Jakarta”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #133 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The location is very good, especially while commuting to and fro between the airport, never mind the time spent on the roads. Perhaps I was lucky to get a spacious room with large bed and a fairly larger than normal sized bathroom. With fresh, good quality linen and large flat screen TV.
Well equipped with all the desired amenities. Very friendly and courteous staff from concierge to restaurant level. A sumptuous, large spread of breakfast with plentyful of vegetarian choices as well. A good and fast internet connection, though it only worked through cable on my system.
There is a clearly marked and easy access to the shopping mall situated at 5 minutes walk able from the hotel. The hotel has two Japanese restaurants and one Mediterranean serving some great Indian cuisine too. There are variety of eating places inside the shopping complex situated next door from the hotel. The security checks at the entrance level are very alert but then there is an equally easy back door access to the property in spite of the fact that a security staff is deputed at the back door too.
Perhaps some interiors, pieces of furniture and furnishing bear an old style of rich look. The chairs in the restaurant do need a change as one tends to sink in and starts feeling uncomfortable while enjoying a rather relaxed dinner.
Overall a very decent property at such an affordable price- then these days the rates vary according to the occupancy ratio. I would surely like to stay at this hotel while visiting Jakarta again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Herbeo
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Herbeo,

Thank you for leaving such a detail comment of our property. We are pleased that you found our hotel fulfills your need in a good way. Your comment certainly motivate us to continuously improve and provide better services for our guest.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I think my title says it all. I was shocked to find that the 2nd best category of rooms basically had jaded rooms which had not been refurbished for a while now and the price we paid was similar to amounts charged by JW Marriott in Jakarta.

The hotel made no attempts to do anything about this although we stayed there 2 nights.

The breakfast spread is decent with reasonable vegetarian options and staff is decent and courteous. There are much better options to stay in Jakarta at this price.

Room Tip: go for one of the club floor rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank eagerAmit
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear EagerAmit,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests make improvement on problem areas.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a good hotel, with great service. The location (for me atleast) is also very good, with our office just a walk away from hotel, and a shoppling plaza just behind the hotel.

The service is good. Food in also good, with a good variety of cuisines.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SriSameer
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear SriSameer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We take your comments as a compliment and strive to provide better and better services for our guest.

Again, thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Jakarta and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel is getting a little tired, and the decor is getting old.
However the staff are friendly and efficient, and the rooms are nice and clean and breakfast is good.
The negatives are the choice of restaurants. Two Japanese restaurants under one roof? Yes, I know that there are many Japanese businessmen in Jakarta, but I do think this is over the top. I only went to the Sushi restaurant and it was not an authentic Japanese restaurant.
The best restaurant is the Arabic restaurant which serves excellent Indian food. You would not know this because they do not advertise it as an Indian restaurant, but the food was excellent there.
Two other issues. The room that I was in was very cold and I ended up wearing a sweater in the room and one night I turned the aircon completely off for the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank familytraveller5
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Familytraveller5,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced particularly with the problem you had in the room. Rest assured that we take this matter seriously and guest comment is very important to us for improvements of our facility.

Again, we wish to thank you for your feedback and look forward to your stay the next time you travel to our area.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I am Indonesian jawa&my wife Hong Kong Chinese, during our visit to Indonesia, many hotels we stay for 2 week, but we experience excellent service of mr .sunarto, he is very helpful, so we want to thank him&the door girl at the lobby, now I am not joint in IHG anymore, but your service will make me return to this hotel.my wife&daughter love to blusukan in pasar BENHILL JAKARTA.thank you pak.sunarto.bellman.&thank to pak.Toni in restaurant , both of you really have excellent service, keep up good work pak.

Budi setyawan , Hong Kong.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Budi Setyawan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We are pleased that you found our staff services were excellent. Your comments certainly motivate us to continuously improve and provide better services for our guest.

Again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

very helpful staff, i loved the every night jazz band down in the lobby, a very near massjid and a good mall , the breakfast was a class A food , taxi services available , a good business center , the bed was nice and comfy , no noise what so ever.

Room Tip: you better be an ambassador club member.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Bander 1982,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We are pleased that you had a great stay. Your comments certainly motivate us to continuously improve and provide better services for our guest.

Again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel when you are in the area.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I travel to Jakarta a bit on business and stay either Kempinski or Mulia, I however needed to stay here on this trip. The service is very good however the hotel itself after you leave the lobby goes down hill. the corridors I don't think have airconmand if they do are not on the decor is old. From reading the reviews I booked a suite, whilst suite was huge again the room was old, sheets stained, bathrobe stained, a few cracks in the walls paintwork lifting. The gym was suited to bikram yoga it must of been mid 30s, 2 old treadmills, but good weights selection the gym itself is like the rest of how I described, old.
I had breakfast in the executive club and the selection was pretty sparce. I would recommend the main breakfast area for more selection.
It was ok for a night and is ok, I,would not give a very good rating given the standard of the hotel finishing and,it needs a,major refurb.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kiwiflier23
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Kiwiflier23,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments. I take your comment on good service as a compliment, however, I am sorry that conditions of certain hotel areas did not meet your expectation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments. It is of great importance to us.
Indeed, refurbishment of those areas have been planed in upcoming hotel refurbishment program to provide a fresher look and atmosphere for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

On behalf of Crowne Plaza Jakarta