“Decent hotel for business”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #122 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Decent hotel for business”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here twice, rooms are big and hotel is centrally located, very close to my office in Unilever. The non club room breakfast is much better than club floor breakfast. Wifi is excellent as well. During my second trip in club floor, I had forgotten my jeans and shoes in room and they made special arrangements to have it flown to Singapore.. very thoughtful.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms facing the pool are better..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Anuj M,

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your stay experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guest. I am also delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to constantly work on improving our levels of service so that we can exceed our guests expectation and also provide memorable experiences.

Thank you for your choosing Crowne Plaza Jakarta. We look forward to have you back in our hotel when you are in Jakarta.

On behalf of Crowne Plaza Jakarta Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had a fast breaking agenda with working colleagues in this hotel at Beranda Cafe. Very convenient location. Located at business and shopping center, next to toll and main busy road, traffic jam is another factor to beat. Variety of food was so great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Rahadhian,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with the location and facilities of our hotel. Indeed location is one of our advantage points. For guest convenience, we have a back alleyway that guests can use to access our hotel.
It is our goal to constantly work on improving our levels of service so that we can exceed our guests expectation and also provide memorable experiences. Meanwhile, thank you for your good note of our restaurants. We take your comment as a compliment.

Again, thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Jakarta and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Gazipur, null, Bangladesh
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I am on a business trip while writing this review. I have stayed in two other hotel nearby on my previous visit in Jakarta and I would say crowne plaza is the best. The price tag over the room seems a bit high as I heard from other local colleagues of mine that I can have a better hotel with this much payment. Foods are better then average. Hotel staffs are very welcoming and helpful. The only problem is they are doing some renovation work so some of the facilities like swimming pool is absent. I would recommend the hotel authority to reduce the price at least 10-20% on all room during the time frame of renovation.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jabed H
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jabed H,

It is always great to receive feedback from our guests and thank you for taking the time to share your comment. Your comments are such great inputs for us to continually review and monitor our products and service. Indeed, our swimming pool and fitness center are undergoing renovation to enhance future guest's stay experience. The swimming pool will remain closed until the project is completed. For guest convenience, our Concierge will be pleased to make an arrangement for alternative swimming pool, should you wish to have the service.

Again, thank you for your comment and look forward to your stay the next time you travel to our area.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very convenient location. Close to the main road, the mall and PH. Decent price/quality, especially compared to what you get in Europe. Room service was good. Double bed and view were great. Internet was fast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 433ArnoV
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear 433ArnoV,

Thank you for taking the time to post a feedback of your recent stay. Indeed hotel's location is one of our advantage points as it is very convenient and within reach of many of the highlights which Jakarta has to offer.
Meeting guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal and it is achieved through constant work on improving level of service so as we can exceed our guests expectation.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Jakarta and we look forward to your stay when you are in Jakarta.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights for business. The location is just off the toll way and convinient to move around.
The room is clean and they have a spacious bath room. I like a big bathroom, so it was good for me, but the hot water was not warm sometime. Amenities are ok. The bed was comfortable enough to catch a sleep after long day at work.
The service is quick and efficient to serve many business trippers. The breakfast starts at 5:30 and this is definately plus for people leaving early in the morning.
Overall, I think this hotel provides what business trippers want, but they should refresh their room for more comfortable stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear ManngaDua,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback about your stay experience. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with the location and facilities of our hotel. It is our goal to constantly work on improving level of service so that we can exceed our guests expectation and also provide memorable experiences.

We appreciate your review and look forward to welcome you back in Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

Paris, France
Reviewed 20 June 2014

There were several advantages that I would highlight here. However, my expereinced is rather balanced. The location is at the inner ring road /Semanggi and hence with somewhat direct access from/to airport. Also for moving around Jakarta South or Centre or for night live such as in Senayan, the location is really convenient (although a taxi ride can easily exceed 45min, but this is Jakarta). The Crown Plaza is supposed to undergo some work, a construction field vanished the former Spa and pool area. A major draw back for a hotel of this category and if you screen the options in Jakarta, you will find alternatives as long as Crown Plaza suffers from construction and modernization which is mutually for the next 24 months. Reception staff was friendly (whatelse would you expect in Indonesia?) however, I perceived that staff was rigidly following policy rules. Personally, I am not the person insisting on priviliges and usually I only try to negotiate politely around some few (minor?) things that I find important for a stay of 8 days. It was surprisingly difficult and also other guests confirmed to me that room changes or upgrades etc. are subject of money rather than consideration of frequent bookings, long period stay or ihg Gold/Platinum membership. If I talk money then I mean obviously room fares. Now checked-in and in the hotel, it was comfortable, good sleeping quality and I skip the existing kind of modernization pressure for room or bath. Housekeeping worked efficient and satisfying and delivered a perfectly clean room. I tried restaurants with guests from outisde and for my own purposes. Maroush offers great food Magrheb style, Breakfast in Beranda is of reasonable variety and pretty standard for this hotel category. The Semanggi lounge offers quick sandwiches of highly tasty good quality.And obviously the drinks to hang out an hour after work or before gong to sleep.
Apart form front desk, I have to underline the exceptional staff always available for help, support, small talk and helping in very polite way with their competence. Linda in Beranda and Poutry in Semanggi made me feel welcome each day although I only passed by and did not stay for drinks or dinner. Recognize guests and give them a smile or a short word, this is what makes hospitality, despite rules and politcies.
I would stay again. I know what I can expect simply like the location to my workplaces and I got to know what is beyond.

Room Tip: the higher the better, street side nicer than backside overlooking area under construction
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Caramellino
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Caramellino,

Thank you very much for your detail review of our property and also for complimenting our staff service. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and I will certainly pass on your kind words to Linda and Putri.
On the other hand, please accept my apology for the shortcomings you experienced due to construction work undergoing around hotel perimeter in order to improve and enhance our guest' stay experience.
I am also sorry that we failed to accommodate your request however I truly hope you still had a pleasant experience throughout your stay.

delhi
Reviewed 18 June 2014

good hotel to stay in Jakarta with one of the best restaurants around the city. Maroush is the indian, Middle east resaturant offering some of the best cuisines in this country.

Other facilities are also good like spacious rooms, Gym, swimming pool etc.

Hotel is located at the center of the city with Semangi Mall the nearest one..walk in distance of 5-7 mins. If one is going for a short or long trip then try this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Crowne_Plaza_Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear saurj,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment of our hotel. We are delighted that you found our hotel meets your expectation. And your comment regarding hotel and surrounding facilities is certainly useful for other travelers. Indeed, we are constantly looking for ways to improve upon guest experience and welcome valuable comments.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Jakarta, We look forward to your your stay when you are in Jakarta.