“Impressive lobby/restaurant area, overall nice”

Hotel Santika Premiere Slipi
Ranked #63 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Impressive lobby/restaurant area, overall nice”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The first impression is one of grandeur and luxury - the reception area contains escalators, which lead to the big restaurant. Everything is shiny and looks new. This was a great hotel for a first night in Indonesia.

The rooms are quite nice and comfortable - nothing extraordinary, but with all the basic amenities. I think we were given a special adjacent room, as there was a locked door leading to another room, which meant poor sound insulation - we could hear our neighbours giggling and talking on the phone during the night. Not something I take lightly.

The best part was the food - the staff completely spoiled us during dinner and breakfast. Nice soup stall, and very friendly overall atmosphere.

As we travelled in a large group, there was quite a bit of confusion regarding suitcases - many were not delivered to the rooms, or were left standing outside our rooms instead of being picked up. Definitely some room for improvement regarding logistics. Also bear in mind that you need your room card to take the elevator to your floor - this procedure, although not uncommon, raised some questions for us at first.

The location is rather quiet, and you can see tall buildings and the city centre in the horizon.

I would like to stay here again and see the rest of the facilities.

Room Tip: You might like to ask for a room which does not have a door directly leading to another guest room f...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Makassar, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Usually I stay in Harris hotel in fX during business trip to Jakarta.
But now, as I have great experience in Santika Surabaya, Makassar and Palu, for this month, I decided to try Santika Premiere Jakarta.

First moment, it is awesome. Staff were friendly and overall was great impression.

But then, when I connected to internet, they charge me for IDR 100k.
They said, 1 room 1 account.

Come on, I have laptop for work, I have gadget for my personal life network, and they cannot connect internet connection together. I have to disconnect each of them to use!!!

Totally poor!! As Santika Premiere is 4 stars hotel in Jakarta and charge this particular silly things. I will not recommend to any business traveller.

Because, if u share room with your friend, either you or your friend must pay IDR 100K to buy account for internet connection.

Sooo pityful...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ekoprasetyo
Jakarta
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My family and I stayed at Hotel Santika Premiere Jakarta for a brief getaway during the weekday. The hotel interior has been renovated since the last time we stayed there to a modern design. I love the quite enjoyment the hotel offers due to its location.

Breakfast menu features the traditional cuisine which is an added value to the entire buffet menu and delicious.

The location of the hotel is not in the centre of the city but if you have passion for fashion, Tanah Abang area - haven for all kind of textile, clothes, accessories and etc..with very good price, are very close to the hotel. If you mad about malls, Mall Taman Anggrek, Central Park are close by as well. The other plus point, the most reliable taxi in Jakarta has its small parking queque in front of the hotel. Just hop in into one and the driver will be able to take you around the city.

We certainly will be back for another getaway.

Room Tip: The hotel has non-smoking and smoking room for your choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manado, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is my second time stayed at Santika Premiere, as always, the quality of this hotel always great. The staffs, serve you like a king or queen, room are clean, breakfast are also great, many kind of food were serves. Unfortunately i never try the pool.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights. Staff was very friendly. The first night, however, we were put in a smokers room. The stench stayed in our closes for days. Luckily we got a non-smokers room for the second night. Although he service wad good, I wold not pay the full.rate (we enjoyed a 50% reduction) as I think the hotel is not worth that amount of money in a place like Jakarta where you can find some equally good places for half the money.

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Santika Hotel in Jakarta, having been advised not to wonder the neighbourhood we were pleasantly surprised by the fine service, great meals that were available in the hotel. The staffs at check in were anxious to ensure we felt at home and safe, we dined in the Yan Palace Restaurant and had a splendid meal. There happened to be a staff conference at the hotel while we were there and we enjoyed talking to the up and coming representatives of Santika Hotels, very charming and proud of their positions.
Totally recommend a stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

To me, Jakarta was a big scary city for an eighteen year old solo female traveler!
I had no idea what to do or where to go, I stayed at this hotel for two nights before my flight to K.L.
Entrance and reception is very impressive. Female receptionist with short hair was quite rude, though. I asked for a double bed but was given two single beds, however I made a phone call and in no time at all I was able to change rooms. Awesome view! :) amazing breakfast, as always with Santika. Didn't walk around the street the hotel is on, was a bit intimidated - not much around anyway. But had a beautiful stay here and would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo