“SANTIKA JAKARTA PREMIERE”

Hotel Santika Premiere Slipi
Ranked #86 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Gated area, huge and impressive lobby, clean floors, nice front desk.
Good buffet breakfast witha lot of asian items, european fares too but not to extensive.
Attentive service during breakfast.
Rooms clean, modern, not very large but sufficient.
Overall impression of hotel is positive.
Location: Slipi - in dark street with no shops and restaurants around. Need to take taxi if you need to go anywhere.
Taxi drivers parked in the courtyard not seemed to be interested to get business. Need to flag 3 cabs on the dark street out of the gate. Not very convenient for those who does not feel in Jakarta as in second home.
Taxi drivers had problems to find the given address. Need to check with them during the drive.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 July 2010

Fantastic. I knew this hotel from my friend who worked in The Samaya Bali. The employees are so friendly. Especially the waitress in the restaurant..I am forget the name. But normally it's serve Breakfast, lunch and dinner.The food are terrible. Also expensive.
But the rooms are so nice. clean and with free high speed internet.
next time if I go to jakarta...I will stay there again

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Wulan_Marco
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Stayed at the Santika over the New Year what a RIP-OFF, hotel staff very unfriendly and basically not helpful. And I have stayed at this hotel before without any issues.

But this New Year they had a special price for dinner that all guests must pay. Hotel brochure says 250,000 IDR but they charged me $750,000 IDR, don't know why and no one could explain this. However, this wasn't the issue, teh problem was when I went down for dinner they wouldn't let me in. Most guests had a coupon, I wasn't given one and tried to explain that, no luck there. Went to the manager, who made all sorts of stupid excuses but didn't solve the situation.

What a scam, charge me for the dinner at a 'foreigner's rate' and refuse me entry.

Don't stay here !!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I have stayed many times in this hotel over the last 10 years and always enjoyed my stay. Good value, good rooms, friendly service. But now it was all wrong! All the little things were missing... empty roombar ! No roomservice menu ! Dirty table ! Terrible roomservice food and unfriendly waiter. Was it just my unlucky day ?
I ordered roomservice, a "Nasi Rames" for 75.000Rp ++ (10USD) which was far below normal quality you can get anywhere else in Indonesia or Jakarta for a fraction of that price. A small cone of rice, a 5x5cm omelet, 2 small cubes of roasted (?) beef, a spoon of taufu veggies and a piece of overfried tempe and some sambal. That was it !
Half an hour later, since I was still hungry, I ordered a triple decker classic sandwich... My God, what a mistake again, the waiter almost threw the plate on the table, the bread was untoasted, I was soo upset by now, that I actually opened up the sandwich to see what was inside...nothing was as it should be. Old slice of lettuce, wringkled slice of tomato, a 4x4cm dried out chicken, 3 small rings of beef-salami and an egg. No cheese, no dressing or mayo, nothing...!!!
I have stayed in many Santika hotels over the last 20 years since I live in Indonesia, but this was truely a bad experience.
I hope they review their kitchen procedures, because before this was a truly wonderfull hotel with very good cuisine.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank indodanny
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Generally it was a very good experience to stay here and at around USD80 per night including breakfast a very good deal.

We opted for the hotel's airport pick-up service and was collected in the terminal before the baggage claim and escorted through to our car to the hotel (cost USD15) well worth it for the service.

We were met on entrance with happy smiling faces by everyone. The Check-in was efficient and we were soon in our room. Rooms were large and modern with free wi-fi access. Our room was well maintained and everything worked well.

The breakfast buffet was good with something for everyone, but of course this being an Indonesian hotel chain there were many tasty Indonesian food choices. Service was good and we never had to wait too long for anything.

The hotel is busy and has lots of day time seminars but that never affected the quality of our stay over the 4 days (3 nights)

The hotel has a large well maintained swimming pool and fitness center with sauna and jacuzzi. It was never really crowded so was always easy to relax. They also offer a massage service there at reasonable prices.

As we were out a lot we never really experienced the dining options but the buffets looked good and the coffee shop always seemed to be busy.

Overall a great place to stay and easy to get anywhere you want to go and we'd certainly recommend it if you are looking for a cheaper option to all the 5* hotels in the city center.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple