“Improvement in some way”
Review of Turkuaz Restaurant

Turkuaz Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 8,291 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Turkuaz - Authentic Turkish Cuisine & Baklava House is designed to be one of the leading restaurant offering a truly memorable authentic Turkish dining experience, lead by Proprietor and Head Chef Sezai Zorlu, a passionate and charismatic Turkish Chef in Indonesia known as the ambassador of Turkish cuisine in Indonesia since 1999. Delectable authentic Turkish cuisine, freshly prepared food and personalized service is Turkuaz all about. Opening Hours: Sundays to Thursdays:- 11.30Am - 10.00Pm (last order) Fridays and Saturdays:- 11.30Am - 11.30Pm (last order)
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Been here couple of times and during the time must say there have been improvements overall in some part of the Interior, variety of desserts ( including Baklava house ), and bigger area of the restaurant.
But on the other side what still needs to improvise are the serving dishes ( meat not try dry to eat ), and air conditioner spread evenly throughout the dining area.

Still on "coming back to eat again" lists.

PS : When visit try "hand rolled fillos with Antep pistachios"

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Me and hubby were impulsively decided to go here for late lunch and we were satisfied. Hands up for the variation of breads and dippings. We've had one of the most succulent, delicious lamb shank cooked into perfection. The baklava is a worth to try desert that would keep you wanting to have some more. We love the deep Turkish - eastern Europe ambiance, you can feel the effort to bring Turkish heritage to the heart of Jakarta here. Service-wise...it's quite a disappointment when my appetizer came later than my main dishes. There were a mixed up orders and the waiters that attended us was not really responsive. The price is on the upscale side, and with that, the service's supposed to be above average but it wasn't.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The residential location may be convenient but as a consequence the valet parking is far. Food is better than most Turkish eateries here and is frequented by quite a few expats which gives you an idea of the ambience and price range. Would go there again.

Thank MrPenyiar .
Reviewed 31 May 2014

A nice Turkish restaurant in Jakarta with delightfull meze and Turkish bread>
Main course are ordinary and we expected more. But recovery was done with Desserts...... mouthwatering with Baklava and almonds delicacies.
definitely a nice evening spend with friends

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was very disappointed with the service provided to me in the process of making my reservation at Turkuaz and the night of the meal.

I made my original reservation for ten people on the 14th May and I was not informed that I would have to have the set menu, I then contacted the restaurant on the 19th May to increase the table number to 14 people and again was not told I would about the set menu, I then contacted the restaurant regarding the birthday cake and again increased the table number to 19 and again I was not told that I would have to have the set menu.

It was only when I rang the restaurant on the day of the reservation on the 26th May to increase the table to 21 that I was told that we would have to take the set menu as the table was over 10. I was told that if I did not take the set menu my reservation would be canceled, which is unacceptable. I was also told that I should ring my clients and confirm which set menu they would like, even though it had not been provided to me.

When I arrived on the night of my dinner I found that my guests were already unhappy that they would all have to have the set menu, to which I had to apologize for and then they were also told that a large amount of beef items were not available to have as part of the set menu. I found myself having to solve all of my guests needs and requirements.

When the food arrived there was insufficient amounts for the 21 people at the table and I found myself asking for extra starters and mains, which did not arrive. And I found myself with out food. I am glad that I choose to order three portions of lamb for the tables to fill the gap. I was then further disappointed when I had been told as part of the set menu that we would receive two types of deserts, which we did not.

My wife and I were not relaxed at all during the dinner as we found ourselves having to resolve all our guests issues, it was a stressful and birthday dinner which we did not enjoy.

The only saving grace was the quality of the food that was provided was brilliant and the lamb was fantastic.

2  Thank James L