“not bad.”

Ranked #126 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“not bad.”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

i arrived at hotel quite late, around 11pm. when i first arrive there, the security is quite friendly so they leave a good impression. I arrive at the check in counter, the receptionist is alone and having a phone call. He saw me, but didn't even give any sign for me to wait, or smile to me or any sort, he just minding his own business. 5 minutes pass, then he start to smile at me and give me a sign to wait a lil bit more. After i check in, first impression i got when i see my room, its quite spacious for standard room. I can still hear the traffic noise, so if you want to have a peaceful sleep maybe its not the best room for you. i was staying at 16th floor in the 1st tower. i open the curtain to see the night city view, all i can see is dust and dirt on the window, apparently it looked like they don't clean the window from outside for more that 1 month.
the breakfast menu itself is not bad, not much variety but still okay.

Room Tip: it's located near main road, so even at night you can still hear the traffic. You should ask for...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hansen_Sudjati
Aston Pluit H, Director of Sales at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Mr.Hansen Sudjati,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel, we really appreciate your kind feedback.

I have well noted with the points mentioned on your post and the details will help our management team to review your room conditions and also to improve our quality of product, service and facilities.

Once again thank you for the time spent in posting your comments and most of all for the chance you are giving us to be better in the future.

Assistant Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Penang
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for long stay.The reception couldn't find my reservations and the check in and out was rather long. Though room was okay, somehow I find the layout a little odd. The toilet shower has problem with the water drainage. The water didn't seem to flow properly.
Which was a disappointment.
Overall, i was told this hotel was newly built not long ago. Somehow, it looked a little run down to me.
Price starting around USD 80-100/night.
I grade this hotel as 3star.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Aston Pluit H, Director of Sales at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Ms. Flowerymae,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta!

Thank you for the feedback given to us. We do understand your disappointment and truly apology for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding the points mentioned on your post I really apologize and have well noted your points regarding hotel’s facilities improvement. This will be addressed to the department concerns for their follow up.

With my best regards,

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Why is it almost perfect? because we found 3 mosquitoes flying in our room. My nephew is bitten by mosquito. Our room is in non-smoking floor, but we found the sofa seemed burn becauce of cigarette. I hope the hotel can solve the problem. The positive things about this hotel are fast check in & check out, big room, great service, fast wifi, delicious breakfast, swimming pool with nice view and pool for kids. We added extra bed that cost Rp 250.000, but it doesn't matter because it has comfortable bed and included free breakfast. The location is also great which near with shopping mall and recreation park (Dunia Fantasi). Overall, I like this hotel and I will come back :)

Room Tip: great location in north Jakarta
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Aston Pluit H, Director of Sales at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Ms. Winda,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence - Jakarta!!!

Thank you for your review and we truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet all of your expectations.

Please be sure that your comments have been well noted by the entire team, and we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our guest expectations.

It was wonderful to serve you during your stay and gratefully receive your comment that you had a great experience with our swimming pool, breakfast and the size of our spacious rooms and enjoyed the overall concept of our hotel.

Wishing you a pleasant day ahead, and we look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The lobby and room looks great but the quality of service I had was very disappointing.
1. Had to wait for more than an hour to check in. We were told that we can do early check in at 11, showed up at 2 o clock, and the room wasn't ready yet. Were told to wait for 30 minute, when we got back, we were told that we had to wait for another 30 minutes. Eventually we checked in after 3:30. And also we requested a no smoking suite but were given a smoking suite instead.
2. Phone had a broken mouth piece, request to have it fixed were never actioned.
3. We had an extra bed in the living room for a friend in the 1st night, in the 2nd day we informed the cleaning service guy that we no longer need it. The guy removed the bed only but didn't fixed up the living room again. We called and asked someone to come over to take care of this but no one showed up
4. When I drove my car to in front of the lobby to load up my baggage, someone came over with a walkie talkie telling me to move my car. I have already informed him that I was about to load my stuff, but he insisted that I have to move. Looked back and found a much more "expensive" car waiting behind me. It have enough room on both side for people to get on it and yet he still insist I have to move my car.

Overall: definately won't be coming back at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank w4nw4n
Aston Pluit H, General Manager at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Mr.w4nw4n,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta!!

I am concerned and deeply apologetic to learn that you have to experience a situation which is below your expectations. I have taken notes of the details information you have elaborated. The Head of Department concerned is strongly conveyed to further assess and review the situation for improvements.

Thank you once again for your comments and look forward to the possibility to welcome you as our guest again in the future.

Jack Yaaro Zega
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I made reservation on May 1st for check-in on May 18. The hotel policies stated that there is no fee for cancellation until May 14th. On May 9th, I canceled the reservation. I received the cancelation confirmation and stated that cancellation costs is zero.
But on May 17th, the hotel charged my credit card.
So, please be aware when you make a reservation to this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank esomanto
Aston Pluit H, Director of Sales at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Mr. Eric Sumanto,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta!

Thank you for your feedback given to us. We do understand your disappointment and truly apology for the inconvenience caused. We guarantee you that those will be addressed to the department concerns for their through follow up and effective actions will be taken to avoid them on the future.

The details will help our management team to review and also to improve our quality of service and facilities.

Thank you and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Asst.Director of Sales
Europe
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
We chose it because it was closer to the airport than staying downtown.
The rooms are very big, even for the most budget rooms, and very clean.
We had a huge selection of foreign TV channels, which we really liked as we were staying inside for the most part.
The free breakfast buffet was excellent, with a huge selection, and good taste. The biggest I've seen in Indonesia so far.
You would expect this in a very expensive hotel, but you get it in this reasonably priced one.
Internet was also the fastest I've seen in Indonesia.

If you want to stay pretty close to the airport,and have a great stay inside the hotel, this is the place in Jakarta for this kind of price.

Room Tip: If you get high up, and facing to the south, you get a very nice view of Jakarta
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cirri F
Aston Pluit H, Director of Sales at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Mr.Cirri F,

Warmest Greeting from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta!!!

I would like to sincerely thank you for spending your time to write such a great feedback and sharing it to TripAdvisor readers.

I am delighted to hear that your stay was wonderful and do take on board your comments on the price and the size of our spacious rooms and gratefully receive your comments that you had an excellent experience with our breakfast at Calantha Restaurant

Wish you a great day ahead, and look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Sterry Yvonne Lumempouw