“Enjoy my stay!”

Ranked #152 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
jakarta
“Enjoy my stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel last month...the rooms is big and comfortable, the swimming pool is cool with city view.

Only stay for 1 night but my stay was enjoyable....I love this hotel and also the friendly staff. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014
Aston Pluit H, Director of Sales at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear meichandika,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta…

Thank you so much for choosing Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta and for taking the time to giving us such a great feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also happy to received your comments regarding our friendly staff.

Please be sure that the whole team is grateful with your positive review and it’s a truly support to our commitment to always improve our service in order to meet our guest expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again as our guest at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence
– Jakarta.

Ronny Djabir Po’u
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Not Bad, Could Use Improvements. Rooms were large and clean. Faucet was wobbly, almost broken. A bit dingy and dirty. Otherwise, everything else in the room was fine and acceptable. Hallways were not air-conditioned, so very hot and troublesome! Breakfast buffet was excellent! Love the swimming pool too! Lobby was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FufuYoshi
Aston Pluit H, General Manager at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Jay H,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta…

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel and sharing your experience.

We note with regret the inconvenience you experience on our facilities during your stay, and we would like to assure you that we will investigate the faucet which almost broken in your room.

Thank you for expressing your appreciation toward the breakfast as our motivation to deliver the best food quality, variety and the services for our guest. It is our pleasure to serve you and glad it is appreciated.

Again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

DOSM at Aston Pluit is very kind and good excellent service to handle guest. Room clean average coz i'm stay on 7th floor still have moisquito. B'fast average coz no have incharge staff to clean and aware the position of cuttleries

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Aston Pluit H, Public Relations Manager at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Ms. Jenny,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta…

Thank you for your kind review and please accept our sincere apologize that we did not meet all of your expectations caused of the mosquitos and the waiting staff, while I would like to thank you for staying with us and for the excellent comment about our hotel and especially our DOSM.

I hope we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the near future and it will be our pleasure to show you more excellent experience in our hotel.

Regina Veronica
Public Relations Manager
Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Location
Traffic in Jakarta is so crazy, thus picking a hotel that close to your business or destination is important. I went to a show in Jakarta Fair in Kemayoran, so the hotel's location is ideal with easy access to highway and Emporium mall.

Facilities
The hotel's layout is confusing. It might be converted from apartment to a hotel many years ago. The elevator's carpet is old and dirty. The hallway smells and looks like a university dormitory in China. Parking space is adequate for this apart/ hotel complex.

Room
Room is big, bigger than usual Aston's room. The design is simple, but with bad layout where a unit AC facing bed area. I see that cleanliness is below other Aston I've been to. The hot water wasn't stable for shower, it turns too hot frequently. The good thing is fast wifi connection.

Breakfast
Breakfast is Aston standard, but housed in its restaurant that look like a hospital cantin.

Verdict
If you have business around this area, this hotel is ideal for a short stay. But don't look for a four star standard. In my opinion, it deserves three star only.

Room Tip: Find a room that's not facing the street
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Aston Pluit H, General Manager at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear palisade 1978,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta…

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is with regret to read that our hotel’s layout didn’t meet your expectations and that you had an unpleasant experience with our breakfast while we glad to hear that the strategic location has been essential to you.

We take on board your valuable feedback for our service and facilities improvement.

Again, thank you for submit your review and I highly look forward to welcoming you again and to be able to provide the better facilities and experience in the near future.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My partner and I have been to Jakarta many times and used to stay at other Aston Hotels. Our stay at Aston had always been nice (at least, above the average hotels). We stayed here for 2 nights, last February 14-16, 2014, and after all, it was a great stay.

Below are some of the notes I have for this hotel:
~~~THUMBS UPs~~~
* Their staffs are very helpful and warm hearted, especially the ones who welcome guests and assist the guests to their assigned room. I was assisted by a young and very sweet lady. She was very friendly, I asked her some questions about the stuffs in the room, and she was able to give me more information than what I've expected.
* Based on our observation, this Aston Pluit Hotel has quite bigger room than the rest of the Aston hotels which made our stay more pleasant.
* This hotel has a nice pool.
* Located near the airport.
* The taste of the breakfast meals offered were better than other Aston hotels, especially their donuts.. ^^,
* Has a quite big pool where you can see few kinds of fish, located in between their tower 1 & 2.

~~~NEED IMPROVEMENTs~~~
* My partner and I needed to call the house keeping twice to ask for spoon, they said they have forgotten about it, so we delayed eating our late dinner for about half an hour just to wait for them after the 2nd call.
* Unlike the free shuttle service from Aston Cengkareng, this Aston Pluit charges around IDR150,000 for their one way - airport transfer. (Just a suggestion, tho'. I guess it has quite the same distance from the other Aston hotel, but I believe it would be so nice if the airport shuttle would as well be provided for free for the guests.)

Room Tip: Request for rooms in a higher floor to avoid the noise from the main street.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Aston Pluit H, General Manager at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear JPodung,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta…

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that your stay in our hotel was meet up to your expectations and found out our staff were helpful and warm hearted, it’s a pleasure to share with the team and surely your appreciation will motivate our team to always give a heartfelt service. I also gratefully received your kind feedback for the nice pool, ideal location and especially for the breakfast taste.

As mentioned on your post, please accept my deeply apologize for the shortfalls happened during your stay, for the delay dinner caused of the slow response from our housekeeping team, I will share to the housekeeping team for our investigations and improvement so it will not recur.

Again, thank you for your value time to share your experience to us and to Tripadvisor readers, I look forward to welcoming you again to Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence - Jakarta

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Ive been to many Aston hotels before, and i got to say this one got the biggest room of all. The location was quite good, (short distance from the airport). The staff service was good, especially one of the male concierge who helped us wrapping our luggage [sorry cant remember ur name :<].

The pool was okay. its was not as big as ive expected but it was clean, and thats enough. the breakfast was quite good, but not many variety, adding few dessert would be very nice.

Red alert for housekeeping department though: they need to improve their standard of cleanlines. because i found that our towel got horrible stain and few stain on our bed sheet.

Overall, we had a good experience, the bed was comfortable, we had a good night sleep. will consider coming back to Aston Pluit again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
Aston Pluit H, Director of Sales at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Mr. Reza Soebagio,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta…

Thank you for your thoughtful review on our hotel and for spending your time to write a review of your recent visit and sharing it to Tripadvisor readers. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciate our biggest room, the location and the swimming pool and also I am glad you found out our staff was very helpful and surely your appreciation will motivate our team to always give a heartfelt service.
Regarding the cleanliness, the housekeeping team will check and review the rooms and all the amenities and promise will always do our best to provide the best hotel facilities and service to our lovely guest.

Again, thank you for choosing Aston Pluit and I will always look forward to welcome you again to Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta at any possible opportunities.

Ronny Djabir Po'u
Director of Sales & Marketing
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

No Aircon in lift. No Aircon in hallway outside room. As a result hallways smelled like sewage, ie the outside air.

No answer on houskeeping line. Call to room service for extra sheets, were told to "call house keeping". Call to reception, were told "may be I will call house keeping for you", they didn't.

Good hotel service requires first contact with customers to be the only contact, and that staff should resolve their issue or arrange prompt call back from correct department. Customers dont make mistakes.

Steak ordered well done, delivered rare and bleeding. Simple dessert cost as much as the main meal. Other meals were reasonably prepared and priced.

Breakfast was chaos, forced to stand and wait. Then we were required to instruct staff to clear 2 of the many available tables that weren't cleaned. Had to request again 2 more times to finish cleaning and preparing our table while we stood with meals in our hands. After 5mins I still had to finish clearing the table before our family could sit down. Coffee ran out of milk, had to ask for more. Scrambled eggs ran out, had to ask for more. Customers don't run the restaurant.

This hotel is well presented, comfortable and clean. Staff in general were polite but very disorganised and lacking initiative. Wifi was free and fast.

Issues listed above detracted sufficiently from the enjoyment of our stay that I will try somewhere else next time.

Management please take note of how little effort it would require to change this review to 5 stars.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sean D
Aston Pluit H, General Manager at Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Sean D,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Pluit Hotel & Residence – Jakarta…

First of all I deeply appreciate for taking your value time to write a review of our hotel. We truly apologize for the unpleasant experience you had in our hotel during your stay. I have notified the housekeeping, Food & Beverage and Front Office team regarding the points mentioned on your post for their kind follow up and to avoid them on the future. However, We were happy to hear that you felt comfortable and enjoy the cleanliness of our hotel. We will strive to improve our service so it will not recur.

Again, please accept our deepest apology for the situations which below your expectations and I highly look forward to the possibility to welcome you again and be able to provide a better facilities and service in the near future.