“OK if you are on a budget”

Hotel 88 - Mangga Besar VIII
Ranked #253 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Bangladesh
“OK if you are on a budget”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The staff at this hotel were excellent. There is wifi in rooms and a room safe. I actually left another hotel because these facilities were absent.

When I got to the room it was warm (hot day, and at mid day). The AC seemed underpowered. Cutting a long story short, it was OK after waiting a hour to get the temperature down. Normally I turn off power when I leave a hotel room. I left it on here and the temperature was just fine.

The room was small (budget hotel). The room fittings were showing wear (cheap). But you have everything you need if all you want is a place to sleep for the night. I checked out next day to go back to the place I came from (across the road) which is like a palace but $7 more / night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SpottyTourist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 September 2013

First time I knew this hotel located in the middle of a West Jakarta night life, bring me a negative thinking hotel. Once I got there, OMG....this hotel is new, clean, simple budgeted hotel with a very nice local food breakfast, room is clean, towel is tidy rolled, clean n smell good, and the most important was this hotel has a fast enough wifi connection (1x impressed) then the next morning when we're waiting for a cab in the lobby, one of the receptionist staff offered us a coffee or tea for free 24 hours....I started thinking and making a fast calculation on the cost of it, I couldn't believe it this budgeted hotel giving a free coffee or tea to all of their guests, 24 hours for free (2x impressed) after we had two cups of tea we go out from this hotel for business n back to this hotel again almost at 6 pm, get out from the cab, an uniformed security with his smile opening the lobby glass door from inside, we go directly to our room, n a minute after we open our door room, we're more impressed to this hotel, what they did to our bath towel, they rolled the new towel become a kissing dove (3x impressed)... I couldn't believe it, this budgeted hotel giving me such a good impressed...... I really recommend this hotel as a budgeted hotel with 4 star service attitude....very...very...very...good hotel, I will always remember their kissing dove towels.........:)
Once they open their resto and meeting room in the top floor, I guarantee this hotel will always fully book.......

Room Tip: All rooms are very good, clean, tidy and simple....like it very much....