“Perfect business class hotel in Jakarta” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #50 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect business class hotel in Jakarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

All the rave reviews here are true after all! Was a little skeptical and worried that it was not to be as this was a pure relaxation trip for myself and partner as we knew all about the city's jams and were not intending to travel too much around in town other than attending a close friend's wedding.

Where should I start? The rooms are perfect, spick and span, I like carpets in my rooms and they were clean and smell free, there was everything you needed in the room, bathrobes, bathroom slippers, toiletries, hairdryer, a day bed, couch or whatever you call it, a desk for the business ppl whom need to work, fast and reliable WIFI... and the list goes on... See the pictures for yourself.

I stayed in both the deluxe and premier room just to try out. The extra money spent on the premier room was worth it just for the cool bathtub and the view of the bath tub from the bed. Oh wait, that's if you had a galfriend as hawt as mine. ;) Just kidding, now, if the extra money is not much of an issue for you and you're travelling with your lovely partner, do go for the premier room.

Now the food... Nothing to gripe about seriously, even if I were to nit pick... Good mix of local and international food, super fresh salmon, very tasty gado gado salad, if anything, it was actually coz local food was a tad salty for me. This of course is no fault at all of the hotel's. Staff were prompt to serve, served with a smile, quick to clear and offer service...

As for the general service standards, I must say they seriously qualify for 5 star standard! Everywhere one walks, you are made to feel important and valued, once there is eye contact, all staff will definitely greet you. Trust me, I tried and also remarked to my girlfriend. Now, be a good guest and acknowledge their smiles and greetings to make their day as well! =)

I will definitely be back here to use the pool and gym which is quite a shame I didn't had time to use this time round. I'm expecting some vouchers for free stay from the management for their ongoing promo of some buy 2 nights and get 1 night free or something...

P.S. Dear management, if you're reading this, thumbs up for the good service provided during my stay again. I probably never have to switch hotels when I'm back in Jakarta again. Keep up the good work!

Soemthing to note, I was staying during my last night at the premier room on the 11th storey, and my room was at the end of the corridor. Our adjouring room's main door was left unlocked and slightly ajar. Out of curiousity, we pushed the door open to peek in, and it was rather spooky to say the least. Dark and kinda untidy like a staff's temporary lodging or something. Adding to the fact that adjourning room are linked by a common door within, it did give me and my gf a little bit of the creeps. Maybe one horror film too many for us. It didn't affect my stay too much at all though, but yup, just something of note perhaps. Cheers!

Room Tip: If you have the budget and are not a business traveler who's alone, go for the premier rooms. Yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arai33
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 February 2014

WOW!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write so much in detail about your recent visit!
We really appreciate it as it does really matter to us how you are treated during your stay.

Despite our 4 star hotel classification, I myself have come from a 30 year global branded 5 star background and we have assembled a leadership team from some of the best 5 star hotels in town where our model is to provide value pricing with the best service possible.

On your next return, I would like to ask you or any other future travelers to Jakarta to ask our staff for a menu item to be prepared, differently, to your liking. Ask for something different but possible....lets see if they can deliver.

Thank you for putting your PS to the management.....as I personally enjoy replying to each of our guest comments instead of leaving it to one of my managers.

I have looked into the incident with the connecting room and believe it may have been an out of order room which one of our housekeeping staff went into and mistakenly forgot to shut the lock off connecting room thoroughly....our apology for that and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

WAF....."Weekends are Free" has been such a success in our 1st 6 months of operation we have extended it in 2014. Pay 2 nights and the 3rd weekend night is free.....it needs not be a consecutive stay where you can opt for the free nights as vouchers towards a future visit

Thank you for your kind comments and please let me know before you plan your next visit at gm@jsluwansa.com.....I would enjoy meeting you in person.

Richard Mau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Pleasantly surprised with the high level of service experienced at this hotel during a recent 1 week stay. An example: Standard tea served from their teapots during breakfast is usually weak and not strong enough for my liking. I asked a waiter for a tea bag and hot water and he readily obliged. Next day, another waiter (not the one I asked previously) already knew my preference and provided me my teabag and hot water without my asking. They make it a point to know their customers which is highly commendable.

Rooms are clean, facilities modern and I especially liked the open pool deck on the 5th floor which has a lovely idyllic view of the city. Highly recommended.

Only the business center computers are a little unreliable connection wise. Best to bring your own and hookup via their free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us and for noticing the little things we try and do for your guests.

For us, at JSL, its's the little things that add up to make a big difference and we strive each day for these opportunities.

While we may not be the most expensive or 5 star hotel, we have assembled a leadership team from the best global brands in Jakarta so that we can provide the best service at an affordable price.

Thank you again and happy and safe travels

Richard Mau
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have been staying there for a long stay in Jakarta and I am very delighted to be back again.

The hotel just opened a few months ago so everything is brand new: rooms are comfortable, with good bed, amenities and Wi-Fi connection. There is a Vin Plus Gran Cru on first floor where you can enjoy wine tasting in a cosy atmosphere.

There is a nice pool which is quite long, so this is perfect for swimmers like me (it is much better than these lagoon style pools you can find in some resorts). The gym is also pleasant and is never crowded, even if the hotel is full.

Above all, I would like to congratulate the entire staff, from the doorman to the hotel manager (with a special thanks to the front desk manager Pak Dedi): they are always friendly in any situation, and efficient in solving the (very few) issues that could appear.

Eventually, this is what I am looking for in a hotel: a friendly staff that makes every guest special and that can solve any problems efficiently, because the perfect hotel does not exist.

J.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your glowing review!

Many additional thanks for recognizing Dedi for his professionalism and leadership of his Rooms Division team.

We are so pleased you find our hotel and our staff to be to your expectations and we look forward to your next return.

Happy and safe travels

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed in JS Luwansa in early Dec 2013 for 3 nights. It was a very pleasant stay as the staff were just great , especially Mr Dedi Ardiansyah, the front office manager. It is a relatively new hotel with modern facilities and very clean. The WiFi connectivity was excellent. I think it is great value for money and a gem in the Kuningan area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us with your comments.

Our entire team of associates will be so pleased you recognized their efforts which are so very appreciated.

More importantly, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Good service. Good location (city center & near to the shopping center). Hotel interior is very nice and unique. Breakfast is delicious. Really love the swiming pool. And the hotel staff is very helpful. Looking forward to stay in JS Luwansa in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for giving us your excellent review!

I can say that this is what we aspire to each day by providing you with genuine and attentive guest service delivery.

While we are far from perfect, our desire will always be to get things right for each of our guests expectations.

Our business model of affordable, clean, safe and engaging 5 star service hopefully will be recognized by more guests like yourself.

Looking forward to your return,

Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

It 2nd time We Stay at JS Luwansa Hotel ..... For the 1st time we stay 3 room for 2 night in April 2013 and and 2nd time, We Stayed for 2 room and two nights in November my Room very good ambiance and clean, staff was good service to me, breakfast was good also, The pool is nice for a quick refreshing swim. They provide towels and the bar staff is helpful. Have a nice swim in the afternoon, location located at central city, easy to Go shopping mall, sure good experience for me....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nadia A
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments!

As we are just 6 months opened, our staff and entire management team will be so pleased to know you were satisfied with our service on both stays.

Please know that we will continue to try and live up to your expectations each time you return and hope all of our future guests will experience the same..

Kind regards and safe travels,

Turin, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

A recent new hotel in Kudingan area. Good location even though the taxi drivers don't know it so you have to say "close to Plaza Festival".
The stadd is nice efficient and extremely kind, so i could feel pampered.
The breaksfast is quite good and the service also perfect, Mr Adi was so kind with me. Being alone it helped a lot.
The room equipment is good. The bathroom clean and with all the amenities.

Room Tip: The rooms are insonorized. There is a construction work for a big tower so if you don't like vie...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Svetlanagolubeva
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us with your most appreciated review.

It is so rewarding to know that our staff are doing the right things since we just opened 6 months ago.

I will be sure to share your comments with them as we all appreciate having you as our guest.

We hope you will once again select JS Luwansa!

Until then, happy and safe travels!