“Good Business Hotel”

Ranked #45 of 463 Hotels in Jakarta
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Business Hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is just over a year old, and still in very good repair. Not as luxurious as the 5-stars, but staff are friendly and efficient and the ambassador-floor is very good value. The available club room breakfast includes eggs cooked to order and a nice selection of other items. Evening cocktails and snacks are quite good. Club rooms are spacious and the free wifi is pretty fast and stable. Only complaint relates to the pool--three times during a six day stay it was closed in the afternoon/evening for private functions. I understand that the pool area is a nice option for functions, but paying guests might like to use the facilities as well. The gym is large, however, it was equipped on the cheap with aerobic machines intended for not very active home use rather than fitness centre quality.

Room Tip: The ambassador floor rooms are worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OnetwentyOTR
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review,

The entire JSL team of associates would like to thank your for recognizing their efforts and we look forward to your next visit.

Your comments are appreciated and we hope to improve for our future guests to come. You are correct as we are not a 5 star hotel as our business model is to provide value at an affordable upscale price, in the the best location, with 5 star perswonalized service.....

Richard Mau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel was situated in a good location close to the various embassies and the business community. As a frequent traveller, I was impressed with the service attention extended by the staff at the hotel, even though it was fairly new. Very genuine and ready to serve, I had a wonderful experience staying there during my business trip several weeks ago. If you are there for business, you should consider the Premier Club rooms. Spacious and well equipped work desk in the room. It was ideal for me during my biz trip as I was able to also have access to the Club Lounge for meetings and discussions. Will definitely return for my future trips to Jakarta!

1 Thank KLTrailBlazer

Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It could have been an nice stay but: The shower water is old and has SEWAGE smell. Hotel manager responded very slow to my complaint and did not change anything, not even move to a new room. So I expect this to be the same for the entire hotel. Other travelers documented similar experiences her on tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Best avoided. Sewage smell from shower water!
1 Thank Gerd G
Dear Valued Guest,

Our apology for your unfortunate experience. It looks liek there may have been a communication barrier in your request because I am certain we would have looked into your problem.

I am also sure it is an isolated experience based on all of our other guest reviews.

Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Jakarta's traffic can be notorious..... We chose to stay close to where we would spend most of our time and it turned out to be a good choice. The hotel is fairly new and they had really good staff. The rooms were clean but their bathroom could have used a deeper clean to it. We originally stayed in a deluxe but was upgraded on the last day to a room with a bathtub, apologies... can't remember if it was a Grand Deluxe or Premier Club room. The bathroom was immaculate! We will choose to stay in that room the next time as it makes a difference. Their breakfast selection was extensive and I can't complain. Overall, it was a good stay as we spent 4 night there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I recently returned from my first trip to Jakarta, Indonesia. As an ex-flight attendant, I've had the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe, South America, Canada, Hawaii and much of the mainland US. My point being that I know a great hotel when I'm in one, and the JS Luwansa is one of those hotels! From the moment you arrive, you are greeted by a friendly, smiling staff... doorman to front desk to everyone In-between.

On the inside, the lobby was grand with staircases leading up to ballrooms, brightly lit with an adjacent dining room, featuring buffet or menu. Local Indonesian dishes and other cuisine served daily. Food and service, excellent! I understand an in-house Japanese restaurant is in the making and am quite certain it will meet the high standards set by management, which was evident everywhere you looked.

Rooms were large, bright and attractive, with oversized showers. Room service was prompt and always with a smile. While I didn't get to the pool, there is one on the 5th floor. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to those travelers who want excellent service,with good rates. Whether it be business, pleasure or families, it will be worth the effort to book here! Thank you Hotel JS Luwansa, General Manager Richard Mau, and all the staff for your warm smiles and attention to service!

Room Tip: I stayed in a two bed (queen) room and also a king bed room and both were very comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michelle H

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was my 2nd stay with JS Luwansa. This time I spent three weeks in this hotel. Location wise. Right in the smack of CBD, Embassies are around. Needless to say, check-in and check-out were swift. Staffs were attentive. Especially staffs from the Olam Dining, they would remember how i want my coffee or meals to be (credits to Adi & Kelvin). Cleanliness is one of the major factor that I chose this hotel. I did see alot of improvement in this hotel since my last visit in March.But, one thing that the hotel needs to look at-- the wall. As it is barely any sound proofing. For those who are a light sleeper, this might be an issue. Perhaps, you can request for an isolated room. All in all, this is really value for money and will definately recommend this others who are visiting Jakarta apart from the "conversation across the wall". Before I forget, Alaya Spa was good, by the far one of the best massage I've had in the Indonesia.

1 Thank fransjsj

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I actually liked the hotel when I first entered the room. It is in a great location, reasonably priced and the room is OK...clean and the bed is quite comfortable.

Too bad the hotel has a bad water system. When I turn on the tap at the bathroom, it has strong unpleasant smell (other room also had the same problem). Worst, there was no hot water in my room.

When I mentioned the issue to the reception, all I got was "sorry". Poor service recovery by the hitel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Gear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your comments.

I can Iassure you we will look into your claim and if indeed this was the response from our front desk, it will be dealt with accordingly as this is not the type of response we or should accept.

I have to say that the smell with the water system can and does happen at every hotel in Jakarta as this is a municipal issue in most large metropolitan cities (from time to time). However we would have been able to change your room as it does make a difference.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

kind regards