“Excellent service and good value- Suzanne”

JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #57 of 469 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is excellent: clean, modern and comfortable rooms with lovely swimming pool and good reasonably central location. The staff were very pleasant and went out of their way to help. Good breakfast spread too.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Snork74
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind and favorable review

We do know that a guest service experience can oftentimes be subjective and based on a travelers perceptions which may not always be totally accurate so we must accept the good with the not so good.

However in your case, we are so pleased to know we acheived our goal by exceeding your expectations.

I will be sure and share your comments with our entire team of associates as it is their efforts I am extremely proud of.

As a note to our future guests, you may want to consider our Ambassador Club/Premier accommodations as for less than a standard room at our branded competitors, you can experience value added benefits and exclusivity.

Happy and safe travels!

with best personal regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for one night in between our trips. The service was superb and the room was spacious. The breakfast was great! We spent the afternoon at the gym and pool and it was refreshing and quiet. They provided special service for check in/out at the ambassador club and tea/coffee and snack were served while we were waiting. We missed the 'high tea time', so we are not sure what that was, but they served wine and snacks in the cocktail time. Overall, it was great!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZD12345678

Thank you so much for your kind and favorable review

Happy and safe travels!

with best personal regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The staff were very polite, respectful and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and you could wish for nothing better. I utilised the Ambassador Executive Room on the top floor for entire length of my stay when I was not out and about, and the staff were just fabulous. I had no issue with the Shower water as has been mentioned by other guests.

I found the Bar on Level One very "Colonial" in its ambience which exuded an air of old fashioned comfort which I found very pleasant and comfortable.

For a Hotel that is only one year old it is a very dated design and the building looks as a result, much older than what it is. As I have had no other experiences with other Hotels in Jakarta I can't make a direct comparison however when I return to Jakarta again I will have no hesitation to return here to stay again as my experience overall was extremely good and I have absolutely no complaints. When it has been good - stick to it!

Room Tip: I had absolutely no complaints about the rooms. The only issue was that when I first entered I had t...
2  Thank John C
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review,

The entire JSL team of associates would like to thank your for recognizing their efforts and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is just over a year old, and still in very good repair. Not as luxurious as the 5-stars, but staff are friendly and efficient and the ambassador-floor is very good value. The available club room breakfast includes eggs cooked to order and a nice selection of other items. Evening cocktails and snacks are quite good. Club rooms are spacious and the free wifi is pretty fast and stable. Only complaint relates to the pool--three times during a six day stay it was closed in the afternoon/evening for private functions. I understand that the pool area is a nice option for functions, but paying guests might like to use the facilities as well. The gym is large, however, it was equipped on the cheap with aerobic machines intended for not very active home use rather than fitness centre quality.

Room Tip: The ambassador floor rooms are worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OnetwentyOTR

Thank you so much for your kind review,

Your comments are appreciated and we hope to improve for our future guests to come. You are correct as we are not a 5 star hotel as our business model is to provide value at an affordable upscale price, in the the best location, with 5 star perswonalized service.....

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel was situated in a good location close to the various embassies and the business community. As a frequent traveller, I was impressed with the service attention extended by the staff at the hotel, even though it was fairly new. Very genuine and ready to serve, I had a wonderful experience staying there during my business trip several weeks ago. If you are there for business, you should consider the Premier Club rooms. Spacious and well equipped work desk in the room. It was ideal for me during my biz trip as I was able to also have access to the Club Lounge for meetings and discussions. Will definitely return for my future trips to Jakarta!

1  Thank KLTrailBlazer

Reviewed 28 July 2014

It could have been an nice stay but: The shower water is old and has SEWAGE smell. Hotel manager responded very slow to my complaint and did not change anything, not even move to a new room. So I expect this to be the same for the entire hotel. Other travelers documented similar experiences her on tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Best avoided. Sewage smell from shower water!
1  Thank Gerd G

Dear Valued Guest,

Our apology for your unfortunate experience. It looks liek there may have been a communication barrier in your request because I am certain we would have looked into your problem.

I am also sure it is an isolated experience based on all of our other guest reviews.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Jakarta's traffic can be notorious..... We chose to stay close to where we would spend most of our time and it turned out to be a good choice. The hotel is fairly new and they had really good staff. The rooms were clean but their bathroom could have used a deeper clean to it. We originally stayed in a deluxe but was upgraded on the last day to a room with a bathtub, apologies... can't remember if it was a Grand Deluxe or Premier Club room. The bathroom was immaculate! We will choose to stay in that room the next time as it makes a difference. Their breakfast selection was extensive and I can't complain. Overall, it was a good stay as we spent 4 night there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple