“A nice hotel in the heart of Jakarta” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center

JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #46 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Berlin, Germany
“A nice hotel in the heart of Jakarta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Firstly, I booked this hotel just for my short visit in Indonesia. There are no negative experiences that I had during my stay. Excellent location, good and friendly services from the staff, nice room and gym, and for sure tasty foods at its reataurant made my stay was adorable. In addition, this hotel provides a transfer services from the airport to the hotel (and vice versa) with reasonable prices. Some malls, bars and restaurants are nearby, so it was not so difficult to find entertainment places around this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to ask the check-in staff to locate your room in the high floor, you will see a great view of Ja...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your most favorable review.

It is what our entire team of associates strive for each day and knowing you were pleased with your visit helps us to want to improve each day.

I will be sure to share your commentrs with all of them as they will appreciate the time you took to write.

Happy and safe travels

kind regards

Richard Mau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived from our vacation in Japan for a 2 night stay in Jakarta before heading to Bali.
Our room very spacious with a great view. We were on the top floor just down the hall from the Ambassador Club. The staff was very nice, respectful and always smiling from the moment we entered the hotel even though we didn't check in until the early am. We also stayed one night on our way back home after Bali. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Ambassador level.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Hwnsufa
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind and favorable review

We do know that a guest service experience can oftentimes be subjective and based on a travelers perceptions which may not always be totally accurate so we must accept the good with the not so good.

However in your case, we are so pleased to know we acheived our goal by exceeding your expectations.

I will be sure and share your comments with our entire team of associates as it is their efforts I am extremely proud of.

As a note to our future guests, you may want to consider our Ambassador Club/Premier accommodations as for less than a standard room at our branded competitors, you can experience value added benefits and exclusivity.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by a client & I am SO GLAD to have received their advice.

I work for a small start-up business & travel regularly for business. We do not have big budgets for travel & accommodation, so I have become accustomed to staying in average (and sometimes far below average) hotels.

JS Luwansa was the exception. When I first walked in, I noticed their beautiful signature fragrance scenting the air. My room was lovely - very clean, with an amazing view, very comfy bed and nice bathroom. The infinity pool was gorgeous & I was very sad that I didn't have time during my trip to take a dip, before enjoying a beer at the poolside bar. However, I did manage to make time to workout in the very spacious air conditioned gym, which was well equipped & even had an aerobics video playing on the tv!

In the dining room, the staff remembered my name from the first time they met me, then continued to greet me by name every time we crossed paths. When I ordered a glass of red wine to sip while catching up on emails (the wifi was a dream - no problems with the connection whatsoever), I was surprised with a complimentary platter of local delights to nibble on - it was much more food than I ever could have eaten on my own.

My only gripe was that their standard wine pour was very small... Much less than a standard drink, I should think. This was very annoying to me, as I really enjoy a couple glasses of wine after a long day at work, so I decided to buy the bottle. The hotel staff were so accommodating that they let me pay for one full bottle only, even though I'd already ordered a glass upfront (they just gave me the fresh bottle that I'd been served from).

I can't recommend JS Luwansa more highly. I never thought I'd stay in such a lovely place on my company's very low budget. I can't wait to return again (and hopefully get a chance to swim in the pool)!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leah M

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is excellent: clean, modern and comfortable rooms with lovely swimming pool and good reasonably central location. The staff were very pleasant and went out of their way to help. Good breakfast spread too.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
1 Thank Snork74

Linkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for one night in between our trips. The service was superb and the room was spacious. The breakfast was great! We spent the afternoon at the gym and pool and it was refreshing and quiet. They provided special service for check in/out at the ambassador club and tea/coffee and snack were served while we were waiting. We missed the 'high tea time', so we are not sure what that was, but they served wine and snacks in the cocktail time. Overall, it was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZD12345678

Ourimbah, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The staff were very polite, respectful and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and you could wish for nothing better. I utilised the Ambassador Executive Room on the top floor for entire length of my stay when I was not out and about, and the staff were just fabulous. I had no issue with the Shower water as has been mentioned by other guests.

I found the Bar on Level One very "Colonial" in its ambience which exuded an air of old fashioned comfort which I found very pleasant and comfortable.

For a Hotel that is only one year old it is a very dated design and the building looks as a result, much older than what it is. As I have had no other experiences with other Hotels in Jakarta I can't make a direct comparison however when I return to Jakarta again I will have no hesitation to return here to stay again as my experience overall was extremely good and I have absolutely no complaints. When it has been good - stick to it!

Room Tip: I had absolutely no complaints about the rooms. The only issue was that when I first entered I had t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John C
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review,

The entire JSL team of associates would like to thank your for recognizing their efforts and we look forward to your next visit.

Happy and safe travels to you!

kind regards,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is just over a year old, and still in very good repair. Not as luxurious as the 5-stars, but staff are friendly and efficient and the ambassador-floor is very good value. The available club room breakfast includes eggs cooked to order and a nice selection of other items. Evening cocktails and snacks are quite good. Club rooms are spacious and the free wifi is pretty fast and stable. Only complaint relates to the pool--three times during a six day stay it was closed in the afternoon/evening for private functions. I understand that the pool area is a nice option for functions, but paying guests might like to use the facilities as well. The gym is large, however, it was equipped on the cheap with aerobic machines intended for not very active home use rather than fitness centre quality.

Room Tip: The ambassador floor rooms are worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OnetwentyOTR

Thank you so much for your kind review,

Your comments are appreciated and we hope to improve for our future guests to come. You are correct as we are not a 5 star hotel as our business model is to provide value at an affordable upscale price, in the the best location, with 5 star perswonalized service.....

Happy and safe travels to you!

kind regards,