“not recommended”

Ranked #123 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Europe
“not recommended”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

where should I begin? The "air-con" didn't cool the room -a fan would have been more effective. Below the management has stated that the almost non-existent air-con is a question of eco-friendliness. might be so, but just be prepared for a sweaty night! The walls must have been paper-thin -one could every word spoken in the corridoor. This taken into account the personnel started using the very noisy floor-cleaner at 3am. The floors were shining clean, that needs to be admitted, but no way of getting a peaceful sleep. Ok hotel was cheap and clean and close to the airport, but only to be considered if you're on a very tight budget!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Divenowworklater1
Widia A, Manager at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Mr/s Divenowworklater1,

Thank you for spending your time to write us your comment regarding your recent visit to the hotel.
First of all, our apology for inconvenience experience during your stay with POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, we have follow up this matter with respective department.

POP! Hotel is an eco friendly hotel concept where we encourage our guests and employees to save energy, however we are very concerned on our guest comfortable, all our rooms are equipped with split AC whose temperature can be control from the remote control of your room.

Again, thank you for your comment as from constructive feedback like yours we can continuously improve our product and service.

Widia Anggreni
Corporate Operation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tegal, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

If you need to transit in Jakarta airport, choose this hotel, the price is reasonable, the only negative thing about this place is hard to find a lunch or dinner, youmust made a delivery order or go by yourself to the mal near the airport or go to airport. All you need for transit is enough here, good bed, small bathroom, but enough comfortable.

Room Tip: all room is the same, higher room offer good view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Laetitia D, Manager at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta! and thank you for your time to write us a review.

It is great that you recommend our hotel to other guests as transit hotel for its price, good bedding, bathroom and comfortable.
Our hotel concept is room only. However, you can easily order some food from mac donalds delivery, hoka hoka bento. You can also find some padang food at a walking distance to the hotel.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel on your next stay to Jakarta!
Sampai ketemu lagi,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is clean and new, very bright with very comfortable bed and pillows. A big plus in my opinion. The rooms are small by sufficient room with a very funky toilet and shower. The guy on reception was smiling and polite both at 1:30am when I arrived and 7am when I checked out. Getting there was a little strange. From the airport the taxi drove past the hotel on the highway, then turned off the highway and took some time going down small village streets before getting to the hotel. Just coming from the Philippines where you cannot trust taxi's I was a little anxious as to where he was taking me, but all was good. I was ripped off at the airport. First timer I walked out from customs and saw a taxi sign and paid 150,000 IRP. When we walked out the airport I noticed the normal metered taxi and tried to cancel the taxi I had paid for but he assured me the metered taxi was the same price. When I queried this at the hotel they told me I should have paid 50,000 in a metered taxi. I loved his comment 'new experiences can be expensive' lol. The free breakfast was very basic. rice wrapped in banana leaf within which I found someones hair and black coffee (they had run out of milk at 7am, which was when breakfast starts). They told me the free airport bus at 7am was full and I would take the next one at 7:30 but then called me at 7:10 saying they were waiting for me to get on the bus, which only had 3 people.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta!
it is good to read that you have enjoyed our hotel concept, clean, bright colors, comfortable bedding, funky shower pod and staff friendliness.

To take you to the Hotel (from Airport), yes you would have to pass over the toll way and the access somehow can be bumpy and gloomy at night.

Apologies if there has been some shortage of milk at breakfast ; during your stay.
I will ensure that our complimentary Morning bite standard are applied daily.
Our Morning bite opens 7am-9.30am with traditional rice, porridge, bread, tea, coffee, milk. For early riser, we do provide bread, tea and coffee.

Once again, thank you for staying with us!
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,036 helpful votes
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would not complain for a 40bucks room and expect too much. I wouldnt even expect their free bites breakfast. This is a budget transit hotel, i do think people who come for a budget hotel should learn and read more knowledge before they stay.

I stayed here one night, or may be a few hours only, i actually loved this hotel.

Look, i used to stay in at least 4 star hotel, and if i say this place is decent it is decent. Yes there are dusts at some of the room edges, but it doesnt bother me at all.

All this time i thought the wall was thin and i could hear people talk from another room at pop hotel, that is not happening in here.

There is no bell service, no cafe, no minibar, no bla bla bla. Linen are soft, bathroom are small and spacious enough. Then room i think its around 28m2, bigger than some hotels in hk or tokyo. We brought two big luggages and 2 cabin bags, its all fit in and we still can walk around.

Free wifi, you can always find information for delivery. 14042 for mc d. Ordered mine and it is delivered within 30mins.

Yes again, for a 40bucks or sometimes 35 bucks a night, this is a good deal. Will i stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank PapayaMelon
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta!

Thank you for your support and explanation about Budget hotel. It is good to read that you appreciate it to its fair value.
Our room is actually 15sqm. It probably looks spacious due the oval and compact shape of our shower pod ; which leaves more space in the room.

We will re-brief our Housekeeping team to ensure that corners are dusted thoroughly.

Once again thank you for staying with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

POP Airport Hotel Jakarta

It is the most convenient place I have been. It is nice and spotless clean. The shower and toilet are super modern (with automatic cleaning gear! Instruction to use it are in pictograms on the toilet lid.)
I stayed one night in December and one night in January 2014. The second booking I made on the Internet. It was easy and straight forward and I received immediately a confirmation for 418'000 IDR.
The service also was excellent. WiFi in every room without password. There is also a multiple country electricity plug.
Downstairs in the parking lot there is a small shop (Beer, snacks...)
To go to a restaurant outside the hotel, you have to take a taxi.
The little coffee shop next door has Nasi Goreng and Soft-drinks. There is a shuttle Bus to the Airport. (There is no swimming pool and restaurant : by mistake "terrible" can not be deleted )

Room Tip: All room are clean and quiet with safety door locks, safe in the room and card key
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us!
Thank you for taking some time to write us a review which give us a very good rating.

It is nice to read that you have enjoyed the modernity of our concept.
POP hotels is a budget hotel where we strive to delivery clean rooms to our guests, good night sleep, nice shower and friendly service and staff.

We provide one type of rooms ; POP room with twin or king size bed. Our rate is nett per room per night at 418,000rp. with complimentary morning bite.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta!

Sampai jumpa!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for one night before leaving Indonesia. We had a room on the 4th floor a bit of a walk from the lifts. There was a bit of confusion with the room cards - listen to the room they tell you downstairs, don't forget and then use the number written on the card!
Room was clean, with smart bathroom design and not too much noise or light. The simple breakfast downstairs in the morning was just what we needed.
Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta!
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and also our unique bathroom concept that we call shower pod.

I will ensure that clear room number and precise directions is given to each guests upon check in. Apologies if there was a bit of a confusion there.

Our front desk agent will write your room number on our key card band using pen. This is unique to POP hotels where we are paperless and reduce the usage of paper in line with our eco friendly concept. Therefore, we encourage our guests to drop their key card band in our key band collector at the reception desk ; upon check out.
Later on, the key card band will be re-used for another stay. The band design is also unique ; look like a colorful ring around the card!

Once again, thank you for writing us a review and sharing with other guests your experience with us,
Looking forward to welcoming you again at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta.

Bellingen
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The room was great. It was very colourful and interesting and the shower and toilet were really fun - being a 'Tardis' like cubicle. The shower was hot and strong. The room was clean. What brought it down from very good to pretty good was the food and the noise. The staff told us where the 'cafe' was but did not inform us that you can get McDonald's delivered. I am not a McDonalds fan but at least you have a pretty good chance that it is prepared and stored in a more hygienic way than the café at Pop Hotel. When we saw the café at the hotel I wanted to leave but there was nowhere else to get food. Hunger made me persevere. The cafe was a very small 10ft x 10ft room which looked extremely basic. We ordered a chicken and rice dish which must have been pre-prepared because it arrived at our room about 7 minutes after we ordered it. The chicken looked dried up and old - scary! We both immediately through out our meals and thought we would have to go hungry - because there are no restaurants around Pop Hotel because it is an airport hotel. When I went down to the desk I discovered you good get McDonalds and I was frustrated that we hadn't been informed of this. Management need to let clients know this so that have a choice. Had I known we would have ordered that as soon as we had seen the café. The other unexpected frustration was that because it was an airport hotel there were numerous guests leaving and arriving at all hours - with the usual noise of banging doors that accompanies this. Of course, the very early morning prayers from the nearby mosque were also something that will wake you anyway! But if you have to stay at a hotel near an airport it is certainly value for money and a colourful experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Laetitia D, Manager at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, let me wish you an Happy New Year 2014 to you and your family!

Thank you very much for your stay at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta.
I am terribly sorry that you had a bad experience about the cafe. I wish to apologize personally . If you could email me your contact number or your email address to info-airportjakarta@pophotels.com. I will contact you personally.

We are still in process to improve our F§B service but in the meantime, yes you can order a Mac Donalds or Hoka Hoka Bento (some Japanese fast food) or you can easily find some Padang food at a walking distance to the hotel. We provide few giant maps in our lobby where you can find those spots and other places of interest.
We will conduct some refreshment training to our team to ensure that key information are provided to the guest during their stay.

POP hôtels is a chain of budget hotel where we strive to deliver clean rooms, friendly staff and I am pleased that you have enjoyed our colorful concept.

Our Customer feedback is very important for us to improve our product and service and wish to thank you for your valuable comments.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at POP hôtels.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Ibis Budget Jakarta Airport
#11 of 51 in Tangerang
FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta
FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta
#43 of 465 in Jakarta

Been to POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta? Share your experiences!