“Nice stop-over hotel”

POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta
Ranked #134 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Pop as a stop-over for one night. Funky hotel with everything you need for a quick stop. Rooms were clean and had came with a comfortable bed, towels, toiliteries, drinking water and wifi. Rooms are not the most quiet though.
There is a shuttle to the airport every 3 hours but it stops at 6pm. Its not as close to the airport as it sounds on the website. Taxis are a reasonable 50000 Rupiah and can be organized from the reception if shuttle times don't work for you. There's a small coffee shop with average food and a small mini mart inside the building.
Would definitely stay again for a stop-over.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Widia A, Manager at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Mr/Mrs Surfcake,

Thank you very much for your time to share your experience during your stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you have a pleasant stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Corporate Opearation Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Pop Hotel Jakarta:

Recently decided to book a night here as it is very near the Airport and would save me a few hours travel and also enable me to get a little more sleep before a long travel day taking in 3 different Countries.
It is exactly what it appears to be, as in a budget Hotel for Travellers, a place to get some rest if you have an early flight, especially considering how busy the traffic is in and out of Jakarta.
It is a basic room in a “Pod” type of design, everything is modular.
Decent comfy Bed, Air-conditioning that works fine, a small basin in the corner of the room, and a modular Shower/Toilet Compartment semi-circular in design, with a sliding door for entry and exit, shower in one corner and toilet in the other, strange design but very functional.
Small Flat Screen TV on the wall opposite the Bed with many decent English speaking Channels which is nice.
Free Bottled water is supplied in the room, but nothing else. Towels Soap etc all supplied.
There is a little very basic food place on the end of the Building where you can get a coffee and basic local food, there is also a little store downstairs in the Basement that you can purchase a few snacks to tide you over.
Easy simple registration, signed in to the place in minutes.
No smoking in the Hotel so be warned, as the Smoke detectors in the room will go off if you try to sneak a smoke in your room !!!
Just let reception know you need a taxi when you check in and they will organise, easy again, and runs on meter rate so no hidden charges.
There is also free coffee very early in the morning should you need a caffeine hit before you leave.
All in all, it is everything it says it is, no problem here at all, cheap and functional.

Room Tip: As far as I am away all the rooms are the same, but ask as you check in for them to arrange Taxi for...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Widia A, Manager at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Mr/Mrs Philctay,

Thank you very much for your time to share with us your experience during your stay with POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta.

POP! Hotel is a budget hotel where we strive to deliver clean rooms to our guests with good night sleep quality, nice shower and friendly service and we also provide free complimentary morning bite from 7-9.30 AM.

Once again thank you for staying with us, looking forward to welcoming you again at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Fast pick up, if ur time suit their pick up time, otherwise you have to use taxi, which is not convenient. Being airport hotel, should be ready to pick up and drop at any time. I was a little bit annoyed when in the morning they ask me that I supposed to book for the drop off, otherwise if it is full, I need to use taxi, they didn't even ask me, how will I know I supposed to book, I thought, whenever I need ride to the airport, I will get it, I paid for it! The breakfast (rice in the banana leave) is cold and hard!! but the bubur kacang ijo is delicious.

I love pop! hotel, but I think for that price, I should get better facilities.. there are many option around Jl. Benda, tough competition guys..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Widia A, Manager at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Ms. Dyaneeta,

Thank you for spending your time to share us your comment regarding your stay with POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, we are happy to know that you like stay with POP! Hotels.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused related to the quality of our morning bite and shuttle transfer to Airport. We have follow up this matter to the department concerned, and related to shuttle transfer airport we are still working to increase our shuttle quality and capacity to give our guests better satisfaction in the future.

Again, thank you very much for your constructive feedback and on behalf of team, we look forward to welcoming you back at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

where should I begin? The "air-con" didn't cool the room -a fan would have been more effective. Below the management has stated that the almost non-existent air-con is a question of eco-friendliness. might be so, but just be prepared for a sweaty night! The walls must have been paper-thin -one could every word spoken in the corridoor. This taken into account the personnel started using the very noisy floor-cleaner at 3am. The floors were shining clean, that needs to be admitted, but no way of getting a peaceful sleep. Ok hotel was cheap and clean and close to the airport, but only to be considered if you're on a very tight budget!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Divenowworklater1

Dear Mr/s Divenowworklater1,

Thank you for spending your time to write us your comment regarding your recent visit to the hotel.
First of all, our apology for inconvenience experience during your stay with POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, we have follow up this matter with respective department.

POP! Hotel is an eco friendly hotel concept where we encourage our guests and employees to save energy, however we are very concerned on our guest comfortable, all our rooms are equipped with split AC whose temperature can be control from the remote control of your room.

Again, thank you for your comment as from constructive feedback like yours we can continuously improve our product and service.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

If you need to transit in Jakarta airport, choose this hotel, the price is reasonable, the only negative thing about this place is hard to find a lunch or dinner, youmust made a delivery order or go by yourself to the mal near the airport or go to airport. All you need for transit is enough here, good bed, small bathroom, but enough comfortable.

Room Tip: all room is the same, higher room offer good view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Laetitia D, Manager at POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta! and thank you for your time to write us a review.

It is great that you recommend our hotel to other guests as transit hotel for its price, good bedding, bathroom and comfortable.
Our hotel concept is room only. However, you can easily order some food from mac donalds delivery, hoka hoka bento. You can also find some padang food at a walking distance to the hotel.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel on your next stay to Jakarta!
Sampai ketemu lagi,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is clean and new, very bright with very comfortable bed and pillows. A big plus in my opinion. The rooms are small by sufficient room with a very funky toilet and shower. The guy on reception was smiling and polite both at 1:30am when I arrived and 7am when I checked out. Getting there was a little strange. From the airport the taxi drove past the hotel on the highway, then turned off the highway and took some time going down small village streets before getting to the hotel. Just coming from the Philippines where you cannot trust taxi's I was a little anxious as to where he was taking me, but all was good. I was ripped off at the airport. First timer I walked out from customs and saw a taxi sign and paid 150,000 IRP. When we walked out the airport I noticed the normal metered taxi and tried to cancel the taxi I had paid for but he assured me the metered taxi was the same price. When I queried this at the hotel they told me I should have paid 50,000 in a metered taxi. I loved his comment 'new experiences can be expensive' lol. The free breakfast was very basic. rice wrapped in banana leaf within which I found someones hair and black coffee (they had run out of milk at 7am, which was when breakfast starts). They told me the free airport bus at 7am was full and I would take the next one at 7:30 but then called me at 7:10 saying they were waiting for me to get on the bus, which only had 3 people.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta!
it is good to read that you have enjoyed our hotel concept, clean, bright colors, comfortable bedding, funky shower pod and staff friendliness.

To take you to the Hotel (from Airport), yes you would have to pass over the toll way and the access somehow can be bumpy and gloomy at night.

Apologies if there has been some shortage of milk at breakfast ; during your stay.
I will ensure that our complimentary Morning bite standard are applied daily.
Our Morning bite opens 7am-9.30am with traditional rice, porridge, bread, tea, coffee, milk. For early riser, we do provide bread, tea and coffee.

Once again, thank you for staying with us!
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Cheers,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would not complain for a 40bucks room and expect too much. I wouldnt even expect their free bites breakfast. This is a budget transit hotel, i do think people who come for a budget hotel should learn and read more knowledge before they stay.

I stayed here one night, or may be a few hours only, i actually loved this hotel.

Look, i used to stay in at least 4 star hotel, and if i say this place is decent it is decent. Yes there are dusts at some of the room edges, but it doesnt bother me at all.

All this time i thought the wall was thin and i could hear people talk from another room at pop hotel, that is not happening in here.

There is no bell service, no cafe, no minibar, no bla bla bla. Linen are soft, bathroom are small and spacious enough. Then room i think its around 28m2, bigger than some hotels in hk or tokyo. We brought two big luggages and 2 cabin bags, its all fit in and we still can walk around.

Free wifi, you can always find information for delivery. 14042 for mc d. Ordered mine and it is delivered within 30mins.

Yes again, for a 40bucks or sometimes 35 bucks a night, this is a good deal. Will i stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank beautifulmatters

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at POP Hotel Airport Jakarta!

Thank you for your support and explanation about Budget hotel. It is good to read that you appreciate it to its fair value.
Our room is actually 15sqm. It probably looks spacious due the oval and compact shape of our shower pod ; which leaves more space in the room.

We will re-brief our Housekeeping team to ensure that corners are dusted thoroughly.

Once again thank you for staying with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Cheers,
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Ibis Budget Jakarta Airport
#12 of 54 in Tangerang
J Hotel
J Hotel
#165 of 468 in Jakarta

Been to POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta? Share your experiences!