“Enjoyed!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Enjoyed!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

First the food was delicious! It was fusion Thai and SE Asian style cooking. Service was friendly, entertaining and efficient. Very lively ambient plus view of some very nice looking people. Great cocktail and good wine list. What else can you ask for? We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!

1 Thank Xexplorer

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“One of the best lunch I ever had”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I came to the restaurant with few friends for a quick lunch catch up before Christmas.
We ordered the curry (of course with roti canai), pork ribs and beef ribs...

What was meant to be a quick lunch? end up with us from having a glass of wine each into ordering another bottle of wine, and savouring each and every dish while raving how good it was! Not too mention our server (I can't remember his name) was super attentive, friendly, and knowledgable of the menu, that we just choose whatever he reccomends us too! Curry was super tasty.. however the pork ribs just killed it! It's so juicy and tender and it just melt in your mouth! perfection!

To close up we had their famous durian panna cotta - which came with 3 little mini stickyrice sushi and we asked for additional 3 (which I think they should put more since it doesn't even come close to the pannacotta) and some christmas dessert thingy - which was definitely not reccomended ( we couldn't even bother to have second taste since it was just meh). The durian pannacotta is def reccomended and probably the highlight of this lunch...

So 3 hours later, and 800K rupiah/person later... we came out from E&O feeling happy. Was it expensive? Definitely. Is it worth it? Every penny.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I don't doubt that other people have had issues with the service here, but I'm please to report that my friends and I had excellent service from the beginning of our evening at the bar, till the end after we'd eaten. The cocktails were excellent and the food was outstanding. I generally find pork belly to be too fatty and off-putting, but I have to say that E&O's version was one of the best dishes I've ever eaten.

The ambiance of the restaurant was just right, as well - very nice, but not too fancy or stuffy. The staff were all lovely, as well. I'd highly recommend a visit.

• Visited November 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Appalling reservation fiasco”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family and I had made a reservation on E&O for the 25th Dec 2013, for 7pm.

We reached E&O on 6:55pm sharp, and upon mentioning of our reservation name, we were told to wait in the bar, despite the apparent empty tables at that time.

At 7:15pm, even after making a reservation, we are still waiting at the bar for our tables, and not a single confirmation was given from the staffs to us regarding our table. By 7:20, I had gone over to the counter THREE times to ask for our table. Eventually, the lady at the counter finally admitted that they had given our table to another customers, despite us arriving on time. They also can't afford to provide us a replacement table as they claimed that all are fully reserved. By this time I was infuriated and demanded to speak with the Manager. Upon speaking with him, he double checked with the counter, went on to check on the tables, and never came back to us again, nor did he provide us with any explanation or solution.

By 7:25, I walked over to the counter for the fourth and final time. They finally said they had an alternate table for us, but told us that we had to give this table to someone else at 9pm because it was reserved. Are you kidding me? Despite their errors, they asked us to eat our Xmas dinner in 90 mins? So we left.

Terrible, appalling, and most of all, very unprofessional management.

3 Thank FelixTedja
Robin J, Public Relations Manager at E&O, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Mr. Felix Tedja,

Thank you for sharing and alerting us to the problem you had during your last visit.
I am sorry to learn that you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. It is apparent that we need to train our staffs in the Reservations Team more thoroughly. Please know that I am on top of this matter.

Again, my sincerest apologies on behalf of the team here at E&O. We hope that we can still change your opinion about us during your next visit.

With Best Regards,

Robin Jeremia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have been to this restaurant before and I liked the place a lot. So, I decided to invite my friends to have a dinner there, expecting another good experience.

I made my reservation on the 8th of December and even came on the 9th to make sure of my choice. I made the reservation for the 21st of December for 24 pax. The hostess name was Intan. I originally requested for the long sofa table, but she said that the sofa was not available and offered me the normal table instead. I accepted the offer because it was easier to move around, too.

So, on the day of my dinner. I received a call from a hostess named Tina and she informed me of a minimum spending for the table, which I have NEVER been informed before. Luckily, they decided to waive it off because they admitted that it was their fault.

I arrived at E&O and MY TABLE WAS SWITCHED TO THE SOFA TABLE, which my friends and I do not appreciate. I went to the hostess desk and asked politely for the reason of change and why was i not informed.

This is their answer. Word by word.
"Sorry, Mam. But, we have our own functions here and we are very busy."

What kind of training do they give to these hostesses?

I decided to let go of the table issue and enjoy my dinner. On a brighter note, The dish was marvellous as usual and came out pretty quick (props to the chefs and cooks) and the waitresses were very patient and prompt.

At 9.51 PM, a lady with a jacket came to me and politely asked me to clear out. We were not happy about it, since the hostess promised us that we can stay until 10.30 PM due to the inconvenience.

I politely told the lady that we are paying the bill right now and asked her to wait. She said Ok, but SHE WENT TO MY GUESTS and asked them to clear out,too. That was really, really rude of her and I asked her again to just wait and to stop bothering my guests.

10 minutes later, right after I paid the bill, she came to me again to check whether can we leave and told me that she really needed the table.

It was all in all, an awful experience on the reservation and hostess. I do not know who the lady was, but she was impolite and had embarrassed me in front of my guests.

I hope that E&O can improve these areas as it has delicious cuisine and strategic location. It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

8 Thank nowheretraveler