“Great Food, Great Service, Great Experience!”
Review of Le Gran Cafe

Le Gran Cafe
Ranked #375 of 7,923 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Experience!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I visited this place just a week ago and I was there with my colleague for dinner. Really impressed with their food, restaurant's atmosphere, and most of all, their service. We made a reservation by phone and we got a nice semi secluded spot when we got there, which was good because we felt like we were in our dining room :)

As for the food, they serve various kinds of local and international food, they're all well presented and though I didn't get the chance to try all of them, most of the food tasted GREAT. I can assure you they were anything but disappointment. Definitely worth the price, definitely gonna go there sometime soon.

• Visited June 2014

• Indonesian first
kuala lumpur
“Great food, very good”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Pros
- authentic, personalised service
- variety of food
-great taste
-great ambience
-the chefs and service staff offers you whats behind the dish, if you show the slightest interest

Visited June 2014
Bogor, Indonesia
“No Complaint at All”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Wide range of menu, I'm very satisfied.
Remind my father of the old days.
Can't wait to have a dinner there again....

Visited March 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Tasty, great value”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My sis and i have birthday that are only 4 days apart. We normally celebrate it with family dinner at JW Marriott's Syailendra. However, it was full for the day we want, and after reading many complaint of service at Satoo, i decided to try this buffet dinner, it must be buffet cos my nephews have different tastes and quite picky,
So i booked thtis place for 7. The selection (idr 260k net with water) is not as wide as satoo (idr350k) or mulia or syailendra (idr350k) but they are tasty, much better than what i had in satoo last month. They have sushi bar, cheese bar, soto mie, beef goulash, crepe, indonesian dessert, chocolate fountain, dimsum, bbg station,desssert section the usual indonesian buffet snd steak and western buffet. My nephews particularly love the chocolate fountain, the beignet to dip and the melted chocolate paired with rum raisin ice cream (u can choose the ice cream). The steak was good. I couldnt fault any of the disches, really
I guess, what is really striking is the friendliness of the waiters/waitresses, maybe because the cafe is not as large as marriott/satoo. My younger nephew, who love food and i thought would hate the place -no noodle station like Marriott, but there is soto mie stall--, said "this is the best place ever! Everybody is extremely kind and polite to me" that came out of a 11 year old who smiled happily when the hostest held his shoulder and showed him one by one what he should try and have the food sent to our table so he doesnt have to carry all those plates by himself. He even tried sushi and liked it, thanks to the friendliness of the waitress. We visited sushi tei many times and he never bother to touch sushi. Only deep fried stuffs.
I said "but the selectiom is not as wide as mariott" my nephew replied "marriott too big. here they are so kind" and that kindness made him try healthier food (sushi, salad) from the usual only spaghetti and fried stuffs.
6 adults and 1 child, we ordered few iced teas as additional, and with Mandiri discount 10% thru dec 31, 2013, our total bill came below 2 million idr.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank safircraze
Jakarta
“Good Value Buffet Dinner”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

There's a decent selection of Indonesian, Japanese, Italian & other Western dishes; though not as extensive as other 5-star hotels' buffet offerings in the city, the quality & taste are good.

The atmosphere is elegant & the place not crowded but still offers possibility for a romantic dinner at a reasonable budget as the price is a good deal (especially as the restaurant has special discounts if you're a member & with some credit card companies). There's live music played on Saturday night & the servers & chefs' attitudes makes the experience warm & inviting.

The restaurant is also able to help accommodate to vegetarians with dishes outside its buffet offerings (i.e. vegetarian sushi) so this was appreciated. The only difficulty with this restaurant is its tiny parking lot at the hotel basement so you may try valet or parking on the street if there's an event or wedding at the hotel.

• Visited June 2013