“Great Ambience, Great View, Great Food !”

Salt Grill by Luke Mangan
Ranked #16 of 8,068 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: International chef Luke Mangan's Salt grill in Jakarta is a modern Australian restaurant specializing in Australian cuts of beef, fish and sources the freshest available produce possible.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I visited this restaurant more than twice and this place never fail to impress myself. I love the ambience, the service, and absolutely the food. It's always a great experience to enjoy the dinner or even brunch in this place. Not only because they serve great food, but also you can get so many inspiration just by having a lunch/ dinner. My favorite of all time is the dessert, tiramisu.. which is very delicious and it's superb.
I recommended this restaurant for couple because it's just so romantic to have dinner here :).

1  Thank edprayoga

Reviewed 25 August 2014

It's no secret that I particularly enjoy this restaurant ... and thanks to an influx of family and friends visiting recently I've been able to find excuses to eat here several times in the past few weeks.

This weekend my husband and I went to Salt Grill for a lazy, long lunch, just the two of us. Ordering from the a la carte menu, we enjoyed three courses each. The pork belly starter was lovely and beautifully complimented by the minty salad. The lamb cutlet main was, as always, an absolutely perfect example of great Australian produce cooked extremely well. My husband prefers a side of truffle fries while I can't go past the smashed baby potatoes.

The real surprise came with the dessert menu which has been updated just this week. The very talented Chef MJ has created a deconstructed pavlova to share. What a treat !! It is fun, indulgent, and bursting with a variety of fresh fruit flavours and textures such as mango puree, kiwi custard, berry sorbet, chunks of honeycomb and of course meringue and fresh berries. We're confident this dish will stay a firm favourite and can't wait to find an excuse to return for another serve.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a great Sunday brunch - and the service was fantastic.

Delicious buffet as well as an unlimited order off their a la carte menu - had the crab omelette in a miso mustard broth, a special tapas plate, crepes, a couple of virgin mojitos... all for $35 (pre tax). What a bargain! I was too full to fit in the other items on the menu - will have to try next time!

The chef MJ and GM Daniel really went above and beyond - thanks a lot guys!

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The steak is good. The way they keep the opened bottle house wine is properly. Order the seat next to the window to get the best view although there is minimum charge to spend in order to sit there

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Different from the overrated Skye Bar, Salt Grill has a great view of Jakarta at night. The window is clean and brighter too! I love this place mostly for its atmosphere and class. The food is good. You can opt for their specialty: coming from the grill when you want to spend more money. I think other choices of the menu are rather affordable compared with other alike restaurant.