“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of TWG Tea

TWG Tea
Ranked #156 of 7,727 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I thought this would be an overpriced overrated snob hob, like Paul. The meals were actually pretty good and well thought out. Tea was fantastic. Dessert perfect. Prices match the quality.

1 Thank stevenbkk

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Serpong, Indonesia
“Good Place for Having High Quality Tea Time”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

TWG Tea Salon & Boutique is originally from Singapore. Their specialty is tea and they sell hundreds kind of tea from white to black tea. I come here with my friends for having our tea time and we have to wait for 30 minutes to be served because it is too crowded and the place itself is not too big. They only have several tables here for serving their guests. We order some teas, cakes and macaroons. Their teas are served in a great quality teapot, the cakes and macaroons are also served in European style. For me, they show the elegant side of a high quality tea time. It is a good place for having your tea time.

The smell for the teas are really good and it also tastes so good. They use their special recipes to mix the tea and authentic spices. That's why teas here are different from the other place. The macaroons also have their original tea's flavor, you can't find it anywhere but here. Their cakes are not bad too. I think everything is good here except for the crowd and the price, it is quite expensive for just having a tea time. They try to show elegant European tea time but the crowds ruin it.

My favorite and highly recommended teas here are 'Grand Wedding' and 'Amore'. Try it if you ever drop by this tea boutique.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JayKhouw
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Revitalise on busy day”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This place offers unique experiences having different type of teas and the ambience is suitable simply for any occasions.
Tried one of the tea and food, and quite surprisingly taste of the food gave me another consideration to visit again.

• Visited March 2014
Bali, Indonesia
“A beautiful setting for your afternoon tea...”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I went to TWG for some afternoon tea and was amazed at the enormous variety of tea available on the menu. You are overwhelmed by the choice to the point that you really either must go with a tea that you like or know or else ask the waiter for a recommendation. I had heard that the Grand Wedding Tea was good so I decided to go with that. I was able to order a breakfast set (it was still too early for the afternoon tea) and the tea came with the choice of two cake selections. I chose the muffins and they were good.
The whole experience was lovely, the decor was amazing and you felt like you had stepped back in time.
I would like to go back for the full afternoon tea set.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sineadlawson
indonesia
“Delicious brunch and tea”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the offerings on the menu and really really enjoyed our brunch. Everything was fresh and delicious we recommend this place for weekend brunch in Jakarta!