“Long wait for rooms to be ready”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #46 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
“Long wait for rooms to be ready”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Booked 2 rooms through Agoda and we arrived at 12noon. We were told that the check-in was 2pm. So we waited at the lobby and at 2pm, was told only 1 room was available and need to wait further.

For a 4-star hotel, this is not acceptable. I am writing this review and time is already 244pm.

Hope the management can improve on this area. So a waste.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night and really wished it was longer as I didn't get to use all the features and facilities of the hotel.
The rooms are spacious & very well appointed with a good TV channel selection, complimentary wifi, full compliment of bathroom accessories.
Depending on your room choice; there is an executive area whereby you can enjoy complimentary services.
Definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
yogyakarta
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is really great. I stayed in a room at 14th floor for 5 days last March. My room were clean with quality furnishing. The bathroom was really good, even the towels were well dressed. I was doing many report editing for my client, I got a stable internet connection, thanks God. Also when I need meals in midnight, the food was good. The staffs were nice and helpful, especially room attendants and restaurant crews. I really like the restaurant at the first floor, the food was tasty and the space arrangement was great. The grill corner was my favorite.
Century Hotel is located in the Senayan sport center area, so we must anticipate the traffic when major football teams are playing. For those who need quality printing service, Bendungan Hilir / Benhil district is not far away from here. In addition, in case you need to go shopping, FX Lifestyle X’enter is in the proximity.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

It's my second stay at the hotel and i can say it's getting better. I'm glad that I didn't smell cigarette smoke in the corridor like the first time I was here back in 2007. I'm a smoker myself but know better not to smoke in air conditioned room.

Location is good as two malls, Gelora Bung Karno sports complex, busway are in walking distance. It's not that far from SCBD too.

The room, for the rate we paid, is very big, internet is good, bathrom is clean. But it looked a bit tired and weary. Redesigning won't hurt.

Breakfast was average. Should do better for a 4-star hotel.

And my son also loves the pool, though they were running out of clean towel when we got there.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bilal_Chamsine, General Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Sandy P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Century Park Hotel, Jakarta. We highly appreciate you recognizing our non-smoking policy, which we are very proud of. We were the first non-smoking hotel in Jakarta with the primary objective to promote a healthy environment for our guest. We encourage our guests to smoke at our designated smoking area that is located at our 100 Bar & eatery and also at the back entrance of our hotel.
We also highly appreciate you recognizing our strategic location, our large room size, and our semi Olympic pool.
I was sadly surprised to hear about your breakfast experience. I did address this comment with our F&B director. We would like also to inform you that we have revised our breakfast menus at our newly renovated restaurant and we hope that you will stay with us in the near future to enjoy our new selections.
We are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future with a better experience.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Not a great hotel that I would prefer to stay during my next trip. Staff are kind but the hotel supplies are outdated. Breakfast have limited choices. Reception staff are slow and bit rough. Overall, I am not happy

Room Tip: I stayed at Executive Club room and the rooms are decently good size
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bilal_Chamsine, General Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Century Park Hotel, Jakarta.
I am very sorry to read that you did not have a pleasant experience with us during your stay and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I would like to inform you that I met with my team to address personally all the major points that you have shared with our front desk manager Ms Rathi.
I was sadly surprised to hear about your breakfast experience . I did address this issue with our F&B director. We would like also to inform you that we have revised our breakfast menus at our newly renovated restaurant and we hope that you will stay with us in the near future to enjoy our new selections.

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Rooms are very big and comfortable. Breakfast is also good. A very big swimming pool, I really loved it. Hotel is located at the heart of the city. Many big malls near by. Cost/night is around 1.2 million IDR.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Hiren 1988,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Century Park Hotel, Jakarta. We do highly appreciate you recognizing our strategic location, our breakfast variety at our newly renovated restaurant and our semi Olympic pool. We are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Good location, big rooms, good price, nice restaurants close to hotel.

They really need to exchance the towels! I know that in a hotel the towels will be used by thousands of people, but I don't need to be reminded of it. I took an executive room, since I already expected that the hotel might not be meeting the international standard of a 4 star hotel... that means I expected it not to be a Hilton, but I do expect nice, soft towles from a 4 star hotel.

In general the hotel gives good value for the price, it's an asiatic taste interior "design", the breakfast is a little bit boring, but ok.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business