“Quit good”

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #46 of 463 Hotels in Jakarta
“Quit good”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I found this hotel to be quit good.
The rooms a large, clean and with a very good air con.
The people at the front deck where happy and helpful.
The general staff where also very kind.
The food in the restaurant was excellent and you have a option of either smorgasbord or al la carte.
Now for the the negatives.
The fitness centre has a lot of exercise equipment, but at least 50% of them should be condemned, they are dangerous.
The service provided by the restaurant needs to be look at. The food was great, up if you order from the menu don't expect to get it within a reasonable time.
Overall good hotel with dangerous gym equipment.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was my second time I used this hotel. The first one was already 6 years ago.
It was a sudden request and we booked through a travel agent. We still got a room although it was done less than a day before. We booked a grand deluxe room, however when we arrived at the hotel at around noon, all grand deluxe rooms were occupied. I travelled with my wife and 3 small kids and therefore it was not possible for me to wait and I asked for an upgrade in which they provided me with executive room. It was a quick decision I will never regret.
LOCATION: The hotel is located in a premium location, accross the Senayan park and Senayan sport stadium and only 1 minute waking distance to Sudirman main road and 2 minutes walking distance to Plaza Senayan. I opened my window and there was the huge Senayan stadium with all of those greeneries surrounding it. Magnificent!
EXECUTIVE ROOM: Nice! It was quite spacey and sufficient for the family. The bathroom was also with bathtub separated from the rain shower. The design was quite fresh and modern (compared to my experience 6 years ago). However maintenance was a problem as I saw the wallpaper began to unglue. The Executive Room in 16th floor was nice as they had also this lounge to be used only for guests executive rooms. We could have coffees, teas, salad and cakes on the lounge for FREE. We could also had our breakfast here. So it was a personal service we appreciated so much. The mini bar in the room was also free for us.
SWIMMING POOL: This is a problem. My kids were searching for the kid pool as they saw it in the internet. However, the hotel staff informed us that the kid pool was already closed down due to permanent damage. This was really dissapointing not only for the kids but also to me and my wife.
ROOM SERVICE: We ordered 2 chicken steaks and they were fine. No complaint at all.
CONCLUSION: would recomend this hotel for family.

Room Tip: Use Executive Room in 16th Floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Canggu, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'd heard rumours that the rooms here were old and in need of much modenisation so I asked for the latest updated room. Classic business hotel, spacious, large bed, good sized separate shower (thankfully as I HATE showering in the bath surrounded by a shower curtain). I booked into an Executive room on the 16th floor which gave me access to the lounge area. The staff up there are all lovely and friendly.
Not a big fan of wood veneer floors in the room though!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

There are a lot of positive remarks that I could say for this hotel, but honestly that could only get you as far as average if your room interior smells of decay.
The great thing about Century Hotel is that the location is superb, it's on Senayan, where you could find a lot of activities, golf, shopping, sport, movies, culinary, etc. The room is big with great views and they provide you with basic amenities, you get a pretty good wifi, and a very satisfactory breakfast in 100 Eatery & Bar right on the ground floor (the food variety is very good - Indonesian wise and western wise)

The room however was pretty disappointing, right upon entering the room I was greeted by a powerful old room smell that doesn't go away. I had two adjoining rooms, 1036-1038 and they had the same smell. I found stains on the sheet, which I hoped to God weren't blood. Century Park is in need of great renovation, if not then they should just downgrade to 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The rooms are pretty large here with all basic amenities. The hotel staff is very friendly and supportive. As part of business bookings, they provide plenty of additional services as complimentary and its very helpful. The executive lounge is accessible all the time and serves munchies most of the time during the day. Complimentary services for laundry and access to executive lounge makes things easier.
The only concern is with the elevators as sometimes the waiting in the lobby is too long. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Booked 2 rooms through Agoda and we arrived at 12noon. We were told that the check-in was 2pm. So we waited at the lobby and at 2pm, was told only 1 room was available and need to wait further.

For a 4-star hotel, this is not acceptable. I am writing this review and time is already 244pm.

Hope the management can improve on this area. So a waste.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bangkok
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night and really wished it was longer as I didn't get to use all the features and facilities of the hotel.
The rooms are spacious & very well appointed with a good TV channel selection, complimentary wifi, full compliment of bathroom accessories.
Depending on your room choice; there is an executive area whereby you can enjoy complimentary services.
Definitely stay again.