“Spacious kids pool, indeed...”

Hotel Menara Peninsula
Ranked #95 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Spacious kids pool, indeed...”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family (my wife, my 1.5yo son and me) were staying at this hotel during Lebaran day as the hotel offered interesting Lebaran package.

What I loved most about this hotel was the pool. It's clean and huge. The kids pool was bigger than any other hotels that I used to stay. My kid loved it very much. We spent two times a day playing in the pool complex. The pool staff was friendly and cheerful, really made our day brighter there.

What I dont like about this hotel is the parking space. They should not create such a narrow parking space since it's difficult for me to park my car.

Overall it's a very good hotel...

Room Tip: Should try to get higher storey room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Danaprawira

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I normally travel to Jakarta once a month for 3 days at a stretch and would normally stay at a company preferred hotel. However, due to time constraints, I booked this hotel due to its proximity to my clients office.

Rooms were generally clean with well kept interiors, clean sheets and a had a great view. I understand that the hotel recently undertook a refurnishment program for 80% of its rooms.

Had a go at the 5th Floor, Alfresco Restaurant. One of the signature dishes - Sup Buntut is highly recommended, even if you're not into Indonesian food. Of course there are western style meals on the menu, but hey, when in rome, do as the romans do.

Staff were polite all round but it was lacking the genuine service touch I would expect from an established hotel. I would rate their service only average but perhaps that could be due to the busy period in which I noticed there were a LOT of functions happening in the hotel lobby area everyday.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel as the prices are good and centrally located in Central Jakarta.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wtchuah
Jombang, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

On my first visit in this hotel..only one word Speechless one word I can say..nice service..excellent breakfast..clean room..nice fitness center..i word I can say.. I will come again. I will bring my family to introduce them how excellent their service is.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
bangalore
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here one night for a business trip to Jakarta.

1. Excellent location - not very far from the airport or CBD, which is a big advantage in JKT

2. Very spacious and comfortable rooms (but a bit old)

3. Great internet connectivity. Although they must have wifi in the lobby for room guests

4. Breakfast selection is very good.

I think for the price, this hotel is very good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I spend one night for my duty to prepare a national conference in this hotel. Overall I satisfied to the service for conference, location, breakfast, nice and comfortable room, friendly and helpful staffs especially when I got a problem with my room key card. Fast room service for a late dinner. But this hotel has to make improvement in making the room cleaner and repair some of their room ornaments to make it new and fresh. Also it was easier to find taxi on the street than waiting on the lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a second time visit at this hotel. The room is enough clean as a hotel in Indonesia and services of house keeping is appropriate. Buffet dinner is nice but a little expensive, so I tried a la carte, Nasi Goren and fresh fruit juice, which costs 163,955 IDR+. They are quite nice!
If this location is convenient for your business, this hotel is one of the good choices.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I travel to Jakarta on a regular basis and there is only one hotel I will choose and that is the Menara Peninsula. Coming in from the airport it is one of the closest hotels and the drive time is always under 30 minutes which is pretty good by Jakarta standards. This 4 star hotel offers five star service .The rooms are immaculate and there are many eating options. The breakfast is simply superb. All the services for the business traveler are available such as wi-fi and cable internet in the rooms. The views from the upper floors are breathtaking. There is also a shopping mall right across the road and the hotel is close to the main freeways.

I always look forward to the friendly welcome I get when arriving at the Menara Peninsula.

Room Tip: The Executive Floor (23) has five star facilities in the Club Lounge.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo