“Close to the Airpost, convenient and clean”
Review of J Hotel

J Hotel
Ranked #174 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Patong, Thailand
“Close to the Airpost, convenient and clean”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I arrived to Jakarta at mid night and needed somewhere easy and quick to stay. the J hotel was less than 10 minutes frioom the airport. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet and clean and I really couldn't have asked for or expected more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Darren G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Ottawa
Reviewed 21 December 2013

It is a convenience hotel (10 mn from the Airport). We reserved with booking.com and asked for the free shuttle bus from the airport. When we arrived at the airport, after a while, we had to call them and 15 mn later they came.
We reserved a 32m² but it fact, it was a 16m².
The hotel is new and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank CorinneOttawa
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was pushed to use this hotel since the Jakarta Airport Hotel I booked earlier was temporarily shut down by the airport authorities due to civil problem with the building. Because of this sudden shut down, all other hotel nearby was full. And the J Hotel was the only 1 left.
Since I plan to use the hotel only for 6 hours while waiting for the next flight, I decided to just take it and be adventourous.
Airport Pick Up & Transfer: Very well organised. No complant at all. Quick and effective with relatively good car.
Location: Very near to the airport: 6-10 minutes from the airport.
Building: new building, very well design.
Staffs: Very helpful, nice and polite.
Room: I took executive room. Spacious. Very basic ammenities. Small windows near the roof (I would prefer to say it a windowless room since I could not reach the window). AC is working well. Not too clean since I found some insects (dead or alive). Comfortable bed, I could sleep well.
Shower Room: leaking, water everywhere. More insects. All tools are in good shape and are operational.
Lighting: It could be brighter
Food: I took dinner when I arrived. Very standard food. Nothing special.
Conclusion: I will not use this hotel unless I'm pushed to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank DimsumA362
Tembagapura
Reviewed 22 October 2013

At first it looked like I could write a positive review about this hotel.
New building, nice design, very close to airport, supermarket across the road, friendly staff, free airport shuttle...

However, soon I had to adjust my opinion.
First, the bathroom in the children's bedroom was smelly, mouldy, sink and toilet were leaking, floow was moist (so we decided not to enter the bathroom any more).
Second, when waking up, I discovered that we hadn't been given clean sheets. The stains and hairs of previous guests were still in the bed (yikes...)
Even though the hotel has only been in use for four months, the doors, walls and fixtures are already showing wear and tear. Uneven tiling on floors and walls makes cleaning not easy.
Bathroom tiles are very very slippery.

The final blow came when we checked out.
They charged us 35 dollar for a broken soapdispenser (rooms start at 40 dollar a night!!!) of flimsy quality, that costs no more than 15 dollars at Ace Hardware (Krisbow brand).
Even worse, they tried to charge us twice that amount, for the same 'broken' dispenser in our
children's room (in the bathroom we didn't use...)

One advice: skip this hotel. Plenty of other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Before you accept a room, check anything, literally anything that can break and report any scratch o...