“authentic and very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Gitane jkt - CLOSED

Cafe Gitane jkt
Cuisines: French, European, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Pasar Minggu
Jakarta, Indonesia
“authentic and very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

In a city where it seems that most new places are pet projects of some rich boy or girl, this restaurant is really something else. The decoration, though simple, is nice without being overdecorated, service was very friendly and helpful but it is the food that makes this place stand out. Nothing pretentious but everything we had was absolutely fabulous. We went for a brunch for 2 and the food was delicious! The only thing I found a bit petty is that they don't serve fresh juices, but the French lemonade definitely made up for that.

• Visited August 2014

Metro Manila, Philippines
“Honesty is not that rare again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Diclaimer: This review is a personal experience. Sorry for the long post, please bear with me :)

Last night (19/7) around 11.30pm, I was at Kemang area and need a comfortable place for late night chat with friends. I visited Cafe Gitane for the first time. The crews were friendly and helpful. The place was sending really good vibes. I ordered a nice cup of cappucino. (Oh btw the peppermint tea was so soothing).

Since I forgot to go to ATM and have no cash, I paid with debit card. Then I went to other place to see a gig. Everything seemed to be okay until someone poked my shoulder from behind.. and it was one of your crew (the girl with white and blue striped shirt) who brought my debit card!

Turned out I was so careless I left my debit card inside the black bill holder at Cafe Gitane. I was so speechless and grateful for the honesty. It really restored my faith in humanity in Jakarta. I don't have any cash so I couldn't 'repay' the kindness with gratitude money. That honest attitude was even priceless! Cafe Gitane has done a great job. Thank you for the excellent attitude and service.

P.S. I already sent them a personal email to say thank you and they kindly ask me to write a review here on tripadvisor. So here it is! And of course I will definitely come to Cafe Gitane again if I visit Kemang area in the future. I heard their foods are awesome!

“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We discovered this little secret on the hip street of Jalan Benda. French style simple decor was a breath of fresh air compared to the over designed restaurants of Jakarta. The food was excellent. Rotisserie chicken is the best we have found in Jakarta. And the salads are amazingly fresh. We were so impressed with the food we asked where they got the produce. Apparently they get it shipped in from organic farms in Bandung. Once you taste the tomatoes you will understand why they went to so much effort. Check this place out for sure. The staff aissuper friendly. And the prices are surprisingly reasonable too.

“Cafe Gitane...Sans plus”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

not really clean
Very slow service....and we were the only customer at that time ! 2 pers
15mns to get: 1 pastis and 1 beer and 1 glass of wine. Wine was so bad !
+ 1/2 hr more to get the food ( 2 very simple dishes- 1 chicken brochette and 1 steack). Steack quality: Horrible.
Conclusion: If you have 1 hour to waist to get a bad quality glass of wine and a loosy steack... Cafe Gitane is the place.
As for me a place to forget and surely not to recommend.

1 Thank DENIS I
Jakarta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best escargot in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Great Food and nice ambience!
Specially for the rotisserie chicken and the ratatouille.
And they escargot are the best in town!! super love it!

I recommend this place to everyone!

• Visited May 2014