Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Focus Hotel(Jakarta)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgrand indonesia mallvending machineihg groupuob plazaexpress breakfastwithin walking distancemajor roadbusiness triplaundry roombudget hotelcar free daylocation is fantasticbasic needsthamrin areabooked this hotelmin walkhotel is located
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was on a business trip and decided to pick this hotel after reviews from TripAdvisor and the comments did not prove it wrong. This is a new hotel which just started operations in January. As I arrived the hotel around 10PM, the staff were considerate enough to make check-in as quick as possible, which took only about 5 minutes. Most importantly, the room was clean and bed is very comfortable, with two choices of pillow for you to choose from.

Location wise, it is about 10 minutes walking distance to Grand Indonesia mall. It is easy to take a cab as well with the help of the porter/bellboy.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank CassieYL
Ari S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear CassieYL

Thank you very much for your time to write such a great review We are thrilled that you had a great stay with us. we have fantastic location close to everything to fulfill your stay and trips.

We look forward to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin and stay smart with us for your next visit.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

if you looking for smart hotel and very good ambiance. this is the hotel, the price is quite affordable and very near to shopping mall , and also its also for you guys to get public transport such as train and taxi.. finally i would like to say, the staff at holiday inn express was superbly friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ari S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Badrun S

Thank you very much for your review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. we look forward to welcome you at Holiday inn express Jakarta thamrin. and stay smart with us for your next visit

Sincere regards

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a short visit to Jakarta during the weekend. I arrived after midnight, the check in process was fine, the twin bed room was clean but a bit small. The staff were friendly and helpful especially the security team when I needed help to get a taxi. The hotel is a new hotel and the location is in the city center. Grand Indonesia shopping mall is within 10 minutes walking and the closest busway station is within 5 minutes walking. One let down though, during peak breakfast time around 9 am - 10.30 am on Sunday, it was hard to get a seat, many seats left uncleaned and there were not many foods left. It seems there was only one staff working on that day, so it's better for the Management to improve on this area.

Dear Mangkoe

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and appreciate the great feedback on our team

It is unfortunate that you did experience a couple of minor issues during your stay, and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of breakfast experience. we will find the solution and fix this situation.

Thank you again for your very kind and positive comments – I will of course share this feedback with my team.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel to stay when visiting to Jakarta. The room is clean and confortable. The staff are friendly and helpfull. Good location, near to Plaza Indonesia Mall. Breakfast is nice and free. Overall, I had enjoyed my stay there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank khal23
Ari S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Khal23

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will personally to let our staff know your compliment.

We look forward to have you with us again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can be of any assistance.

Sincere regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I had a nice experience during my stay. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. They're trying their best to deliver the good service.

The room is nice and comfortable as they're still new. A bit small but you have to realize that this is an express standard. Very quiet, I barely can hear other rooms activity and the road's noice. They use good quality towels, linens and pillows. The amenities available in the rooms are very minimal (soap dispenser, shampoo and shower gel dispenser, toothbrush set, shower cap). You can request the rest at the front desk.

Breakfast is more than I expected . They don't serve a wide variety but the quality of the food is good and the setting is nice.

If you happen to bring your own car, please be prepared that their parking space is very small. But the staff told me that I can use parking space at building next door at my own cost. And because they're situated in the 3-in-1 road, getting out of the hotel during that restricted hour with personal car is quite tricky.

Other than that, I think this hotel is worth a try, especially for business travelers. I will be back again on my next visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Cynthiakusumo

We are glad that you are enjoyed your stay with us and also thank you for endorsement about our facilities. We look forward to welcome you back near in the future in Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin and stay smart with us for your next visit

Stay Smart!