“Good but still lots of improvement needed...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro
Ranked #23 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“Good but still lots of improvement needed...”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Being a new hotel, I have nothing to comment in terms of the façade as it is certainly spanking clean.

It is rare that I write a review of the hotel while still staying here but somehow I felt compelled to comment on my experience. Location wise, was told it is not in the most accessible area but it took me less than 1 hour to get to the hotel at the airport which is good.

The 2 issues that I wished to raise was with the staff as I think they still need more trainings. I called the service centre 2 times and on both incidents were not very satisfied with the service. I called to ask for the facilities in their fitness centre and was told that he has to call the fitness centre to check it out before coming back which I felt would have been better if he is able to provide correct and prompt answers.

The other issue is that as I was tired and did not want to get out, I have called for in room dining and was informed that the dish I want is not available for room service despite being listed. I then said I will go to the restaurant then to try other food and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out the dish I wanted was available in the restaurant so I am really puzzled by the reply of the call centre.

Overall, the stay in this hotel has been so far very good in terms of overall service of the staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTree J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear The_TravellerSg,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the brand new DoubleTree by Hilton Jakarta-Diponegoro. We value your feedback as it helps us to focus on what is important to our guests.

Whilst we appreciate your commendation on facilities and location, it is regrettable to know about the inconveniences caused by the lack of product knowledge and attentive service by some of our team members; please accept our sincere apologies. Your comments were immediately brought up to the departments concerned in order to conduct the necessary additional training including counseling.

I wish we get the opportunity to show you the true DoubleTree by Hilton service and Make it Right for you still within this visit, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance

Robert Gauer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

everything is good the only one not convenience is internet is not free, everywhere with the same star hotel or even low star all internet is free. so please make it internet in the room is free not only in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Dewi T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and review our true DoubleTree by Hilton CARE service and product. We value your feedback as it helps us to focus on what is important to our guests.

Rest assured that your comments were well noted and will be part of our weekly discussions about service and product enhancements.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 August 2014

By all accounts and that include the local taxi drivers, this is a new hotel in Jakarta. Situated in an established area of the city, Cikini, close to Menteng where then embassies are, the hotel is nicely positioned away from the hustle and bustle.

Check in was smooth, receptionists and bellboy were efficient and very friendly. Got my favourite Doubletree choc chip cookies so that was perfect!. I used the lobby restaurant and the gym and again staff service were impeccable.

The only thing that spoiled my stay was that the temperature control i the room's air-con didn't work. The hotel staff tried to help me but it was stuck on 16 degrees for hours so i decided to switch it off. It was still a cold room for the entire night. The toilet flush got stuck a couple of times and The kettle didn't work either, the button kept slipping. Front door wouldn't close by itself and had to make sure it was pushed close. One nice thing was the security called my room to inform me the first time it happened - I wasn't even aware of it.

The bed was fantastic, room is nicely decorated, the ground floor restaurant is great, food was of high quality and the hotel is beautifully designed.

I will come back but I hope they will improve their equipments.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the pool downstairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTree J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear weezkid,

Whilst we appreciate your commendation on our service, team members, facilities and location, it is regrettable to know about the inconveniences caused by the AC, toilet flush and entrance door of your room; please accept our sincere apologies. Your comments were immediately brought up to the department concerned in order to make the necessary changes.

Please rest assured that your kind words were conveyed to the team with great appreciation.

My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back to your home away from home in Jakarta!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A good & new place with great facilities for leisure in the middle of Jakarta. Too bad there were no special promotion both on room & dining rate. Also the spa & jacuzzi still weren't available when we stayed there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Maria Clara N,

My team and I are delighted that you've had a comfortable stay and was well-taken care of during your recent stay, experiencing the first and brand new DoubleTree by Hilton in Indonesia!

You will be glad to know that our Spa is scheduled to open early Sep.

For seasonal promotions please visit JakartaDiponegoro.DoubleTree.com

We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good hotel for all of occasions either Business, Family or just solo. Please take care on the breakfast foods, increase the internet connection and reducer the noise of train noise. ALL of infrastructure are excellent and the service is good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Ford Lumban G,

Thank you for choosing the first DoubleTree by Hilton in Indonesia as your home away from home in Jakarta and for sharing your experience with us. Your endorsement encourage us to do even better!

We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I actually booked one night with DoubleTree right before it opened up since I got a really good deal with Expedia on my return trip to Jakarta. I now wish I had stayed a couple more nights. This is one of the best hotels I ever stayed at.

When you check-in, you are given a warm chocolate chip cookie (I bought two more later, they were that good). The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Since it is a new hotel, there will be some opening pains (this being the second hotel this year that had a grand opening). My shower door does not open all the way. I could get through to the shower but a larger person may have more difficulty. I hope that is fixed soon. The water bottles were too small. No free wifi either which is one of my biggest complaints since Pullman Jakarta offers free wifi.

Location wise, I loved it but I do not like being around other tourists or hotels. There is a McDonalds and Starbucks nearby. Unfortunately the street is too crowded and sidewalks are filled with vendors, cars and motorbikes. I found it safe but it probably would not be an ideal location to walk for a first timer in Jakarta. No worries, you are a short taxi from many good locations in Jakarta.

If you are adventurous, you can try the street food nearby at night. You can also take the train around the city as well since a station is nearby.

For me, I really liked the hotel. Will I return again? Hard to say since I do prefer to walk around easily.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SaigonNezumi
DoubleTree J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear SaigonNezumi,

My team and I are delighted that you've had a comfortable stay and was well-taken care of during your recent stay, experiencing the first and brand new DoubleTree by Hilton in Indonesia, our CARE service and facilities.. a small oasis in the heart of Jakarta!

At the DoubleTree by Hilton, we believe that the little things we do, adds up to Create A Rewarding Experience for our guests (CARE) and our hospitality starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie which we are happy to hear you liked as much as we do!

Thank you for bringing up to our attention that the shower glass door in the room you have stayed was not fully opening, this is due to the frame being new, which have since adjusted accordingly.

Allow me to share with you that Internet in guest rooms is available for Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members in a complimentary basis. Also, all our public areas besides the lobby, including restaurants, offer complimentary internet to all guests.

You will be glad to know that scheduled weekend shuttle service is available to a major mall at the CBD.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back!

Alto, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First, let's talk inside the security gate. This brand new hotel is very nice, great A/V equipment in room (including Iphone player, large LG TVs, and very good internet). Staff is excellent of course (it is Jakarta after all) and exec lounge is pretty good. Pool and exercise facilities are first rate, and the Open kitchen dining is great. So why mixed feelings and only 3 stars? Location, location, location. Why they decided to build this beautiful facility where they did is a mystery to me. There are ZERO dining and entertainment options close by (Ok there is a McDonalds 1 km away) so walking anywhere is not an option. So you lock yourself into a 7-10km taxi ride to go to Hard Rock or anywhere other than the hotel. Yes, taxis are cheap and plentiful, but this is Jakarta, and now you're looking at a minimum half hour ride to get anywhere. OK, if you have business at the Palestine Embassy (which is right across the road) this is an ideal hotel. If not, and you like to see more of the sights than the local slums and embassies, you might want to keep looking. Sorry Doubletree, why didn't you follow your lead in KL, where the hotel is right near the Golden Triangle?

Room Tip: It's close to the train station, so will get some noise at night. Also, they only have 2 elevat...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dan A
Dear Dan A,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and review our true DoubleTree by Hilton CARE service and product. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience!

In order to enhance the experience within the property, I would like to share with you that our Spa is scheduled to open early Sep, a scheduled weekend shuttle service to a major mall at the CBD is available and our specially restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine with local flair will open its doors late this year.

We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back!