“Great Indonesian Breakfast and nice room”

Amaroossa Cosmo Jakarta
Ranked #393 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Great Indonesian Breakfast and nice room”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was a sudden stay since our way back home was congested, we decided to check in a near by hotel.

Check In
The lobby was small but since this is a new hotel it gives you a nice scent and smells "new"
The lady at the reception was very nice. I had a flu and i asked whether she has a flu medicine and politely she said yes. She excused her self and went back to her back office and came back with the medicine. I asked for a glass of water and she called one of the waiter and the waiter came back with a glass of water. This is a very good gesture and great customer service

The room
we had the suite room. The room was new so everything was good. all facilities working. The carpet was very thick and it smells nice. It had a bath tub, standing shower and separate room for the toilet bowl. the view was overlooking at the street. we were on 5th floor so the view was not so great. Bed was very nice. overall the room was clean and enjoyable

The breakfast
Next day, we had our breakfast in the restaurant. to my surprise the breakfast was very nice. The indonesian food selection was great and further more the taste is there. I might say this was the best indonesian breakfast i ever had in any hotel i ever stayed. The "Lontong sayur", "soto betawi", "telor balado" and many other was very tasty. The downside was that the selection for western food was not that many but this is understandable considering their target market is mostly indonesian.

The pool and the gym
Pool was small and the gym was ok. the gym equipment is new and for me its enough

overall stay : the stay was ok. the only glitch was my request to have extra towel. I had to call twice and waited for quite some times before they brought the towel

Room Tip: choose the higher floor room since it will provide better view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tomy R
Irfan A, General Manager at Amaroossa Cosmo Jakarta, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Bpk. Tommy R

Thank you for spent you valuable time to rate our quality service and product , and it was honor to had you with us and we are glad that our service and product was match with your requirement.
We will always keep and maintain our quality service and product and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cosmo AMAROOSSA Jakarta.

Sincerely yours

Irfan Adriansyah - General Manager, Cosmo AMAROOSSA Jakarta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed in suite room
well.priced with breakfast included.
compared to.most best value for buck.
Staff very accomodating and Hotel exceptionally clean.
Will stay again there.
Very nice located. Enjoyed our nights there.

• Stayed February 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great deal with internet prices. Staff work very hard to meet your needs. Ignore past complaints about the breakfast. They have clearly done a lot to improve it. I thought breakfast was awesome! Omelettes and waffles on demand. Good quality coffee. Mix of western and local dishes available in the buffet.

Staff are all very friendly and attentive. Beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are great. Only complaint was the lack of hot water.

Room Tip: Agoda had good prices.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Batam Center, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I have arrived from long noon travelling from my home town and it is a great impression once see the room and the hospitality, it is a good room design and clean.

But once i put my order for supper, it was a long journey and for over then three hours the service do not able to supply it seems like they are not prepare for the peak time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sapta-Adi, General Manager at Amaroossa Cosmo Jakarta, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Mr. Jonsaiden,

Warmest regards from Cosmo Amaroossa Jakarta

First of all, thank you for staying with us during your trip to Jakarta.

Thank you also for posting your experiences to the TripAdvisor. We are really sorry that your room service order was not prepare as per your expectation. We have checked and have already correcting our system by coordinating with our Food & Beverage Team.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments, and we do hope that it will happen again in our future business.

Bekasi, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

At the first sight, their room is excellent. Furnishings are amazingly elegant, glamour, and luxury. Very comfy bed, great sofa, and beautiful bathroom. But unfortunately, very poor in cleanliness. I only put some food in the coffee table for 30 minutes, when I got back ants were all over the food. It also happened in electric kettle area. You cannot left any drinks there, ants will fill your drinks. My room also had a bit of cigars odor, I think previous guest did smoking in the room.

Their pool area is very small, so does the gym. No facilities for kids (no playground nor babysitting service), well no surprising since this hotel is not a family hotel though. Small parking area, best not bring your car here.

Location is great, lots of restaurant around the hotel. Their staffs are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is also great, delicious with adequate varieties for a 4 star hotel.

Overall, my stay is pleasant since I only stayed for 1 night, but i would not recommend this hotel for a family holiday nor honeymooners.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Sapta-Adi, General Manager at Amaroossa Cosmo Jakarta, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Mr/s Meidi_f,

Warmest regards from Cosmo Amaroossa Jakarta

First of all, thank you for choosing our property during your short trip in Jakarta. We do apologize for the inconvenience which happened during your stay. To follow up your comment and to avoid the same case, we had treat the rooms which done by the professional pest control.

We trust that the treatment which done will eliminate the ants around.

Fee free to contact me personally if any input or idea for our future improvement.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel interior is really beautiful, just like the other Amaroossa Hotel (I stayed in Amaroossa Bandung few times and one time at Bogor). The room is elegantly designed, with the see through bathroom from the bedroom unless the curtain is closed. On top of that the bed was so comfy, and I thought I could have a very good nite sleep.. Unfortunately the noise from the traffic outside was so bad, I had difficulty sleeping because there's always sound of cars speeding up on the flyover..probably they're trying to make a real life scene of "fast and furious".
Other thumb down is because I found ants on the table... wonder where it came, since my room was on the 5th floor.
Breakfast was so poor.. the selection was so limited..only 1 kind of fruit available.
Parking space is also limited.. would be troublesome if they have lots of meeting/venue on the same day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sapta-Adi, General Manager at Amaroossa Cosmo Jakarta, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Mr/s Dundhien D,

Warmest greetings from Cosmo Amaroossa Jakarta

First of all thank for staying with us and thank you also for sharing your comments on the TripAdvisor.

We are sorry for the inconvenience during your stay and we have followed up to our respective departments. Breakfast menu will be adjusted with immediate effect, we will more focus on our room cleanliness especially the ants. regarding our parking space, we normally provide free valley service if there any special events.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to wrote your comments, this is very valuable feedback for our future improvement.

Waiting your next visit to Cosmo Amaroossa Jakarta and feel free to contact me at any time.

Best regards,

General manager
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I found this new hotel by accident, because the location is not far from the central office where I work,

Every week me and the team did brain-strorming or entertain clients in the hotel, either the lounge or coffee shop to change the office atmosphere.

They are spacious with a very modern interior, a large bed and a bathroom with rain shower, our guests are very satisfied with this hotel although still relatively new.

Myself and the team really enjoy the setting of the lounge, food, services, interior and cozy atmosphere. Desty, one of the staff lounge were very nice and helpful. Beverage and snacks (spring rolls, pempek and others) on of our favorite snacks they offer.

I believe that with the standard of service and facilities that they offer, this hotel will be one of the favorites choices for accommodation or just hang out in the afternoon time.

a little advice to seek alternative parking space especially when full condition.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sapta-Adi, General Manager at Amaroossa Cosmo Jakarta, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Pak Freddy Panjung,

Warmest greetings from Cosmo Amaroossa Jakarta.

Thank you for sharing your experiences about Cosmo Amaroossa Jakarta to TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing our hotel for brain-storming an entertain your clients.

We were happy that you and your team like our design and feel enjoy our facilities, meal as well as our staff. We do hope that we could always extend our excellence service during your time in our hotel.

Thank you as well for your comment about our parking space. Actually during our high occupancy that we had rented a parking space near by our hotel and our free Valley Service will assist our clients to park their cars, once again thank you for your good input.

On behalf of Cosmo Amaroossa Jakarta's Team,