“A great hotel for businessman and tourists”
Review of Sunlake Hotel

Sunlake Hotel
Ranked #121 of 469 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had been there in Mar-2012 and was there for nearly two weeks. The overall ambience and setup is superb and it has great restaurants to select for dining .... an Indian one included. Hence I got my share of Indian food which kept me happy. The service, cleanliness and location make it an ideal place to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was booked in this hotel attending some wedding and was upgraded. Room and bathroom both were clean. Room was spacious and had a minibar.
Breakfast was served in buffet and also had egg and noodle soup stations.
Service was good.
They have sauna and swimming pool but I did not used it.
The location is good and close to posh area called Sunter.
They have an indian restaurant and food there was good too.
It is bit away from center but therefore not noisy.
I would always return to this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is really well maintained and has superb interiors.The staff is polite and very helping.If I had a very pleasant stay in Jakarta, some credit has to be given to this hotel as well.I don't know when I will come to Jakarta,but whenever I will,I will stay in Sunlake hotel only !!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I always enjoy staying at Sunlake Hotel. The hotel is very accommodating and very convenient. This was my 3rd time staying at Sunlake Hotel.. the first time me and my family went to stay at Sunlake Hotel we found it very cozy and comfortable, they had made all the necessary arrangements even before me and my family arrived. Even the 2nd and 3rd time we went to stay there, we felt so at home and the service just got better and better. The rooms are very spacious and their service is always great. They provide free wifi and free breakfast. The rooms are also very affordable. It is not just for family vacations but I have also noticed a lot of people who go to Jakarta for business stay at the hotel. I will always be staying here whenever I visit Jakarta again.

Room Tip: I prefer staying in the 7th and 8th floor, I find that since Jakarta is prone to a lot of traffic, y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Always stayed for business trip. Cheap and Good Rooms. Free Wifi also a good option for business trips. Rooms are big with couch as well. Breakfast is also acceptable for Asian tastebuds with Congee, Egg, Cereals and etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SteveSGP
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayd at this hotel for 3 days. 5 stars? I dont think so. It is oke but it is more like a 3 star hotel max. It feels very old. Furniture dont match and it seems more like they were collected at a flea market and put together trying to look exclusive. Bathroom clean and the better of the room. Air condition super loud like a boat engine. The building looks like a old russian KGB building painted red to make it look friendly. Would we go back? never. Ho by the way the chiness restaurant down stairs at the lobby have a whole selection of shark fin soup, and sorry but that is unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Surly. That is the word to describe the service available(or not) in the hotel. Stayed more than a week, so had a good share of experience using the hotel facilities. The best so far, are the staff from GrandCity restaurant, they were so attentive that you need not even ask for tea refill. Done! Generally, I think, the hotel was a big grandeur affair in the 80s, and the owners forgot about it after that. Everything seemed to be so dated. Surly service was a common word used amongst my group.
However, if you HAVE to be in the area ( Kelapa Gading, Mall Of Indonesia, Sunter), then it is alright to stay a few nites. Try Harris if you can, it is nearer to Kelapa Gading). Believe me, try to avoid the traffic if possible, so a good location will make/break your trip.
Be firm about your non smoking request, as almost everywhere people smoke in your face! It's the norm here.
Nearby malls, MOI and Mal of Kelapa Gading, are a good way to spend the time, almost everything is available. Blue Bird taxis were used to go there and they were metered, the fare about R12000-15000 off peak times. Don't try to walk there as there's no place to walk and distance a bit far. And remember, the famous Jakarta traffic!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the manmade lake from the Dutch days, may be a better view but will get a bit of traffi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business