Paragon Gallery Hotel
Agoda.com
US$83
US$17
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This was a dated hotel with a large, gaudy reception hiding the worn nature of the establishment. The room was dark and the furniture very dusty. The bathroom was basic. I had to ask for the bed sheets to be changed as there were stains on them. The replacement sheets they brought also had stains, and the staff had to bring three sets of sheets before we found one without stains (but it had holes in it)!

Breakfast was buffet style and consisted mostly of Asian options. I had to request eggs, and these were made in 15 minutes.

There did not seem to be much around the immediate vicinity of the hotel and the area looked a bit run down.

It cost us 112,000 Rupiah to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel, and the journey was about an hour. Make sure you take one of the official taxis from the rank at the airport as there are many touts about who end up charging more.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2012

When I got business at Jakarta, I'm booking here. But was accident happened, then I stay for one night. It cost about 750000 rupiahs. It quiet old botel, maybe need upgrading for the quality. There is no bath tub when I stay. The breakfast was terrible, no bakery and other delicious menu. Hope it reconstruct again so people stay long time.

Room Tip: You can choose what type of room you like
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I didnt like the front desk staff instantly as they kept asking for deposits day by day and were very demanding in their approach. Not only that, they were also reminding us daily that hotel rates are rising. I didnt find it value for money as the rooms smelled so old and reek of smoke. The bedlinen, towels and condition of the toilet and room was really crying out for a renovation. Just too old. Breakfast wasnt great either. There are others much better along this same road for far cheaper rates. For Rp375,000 per nite, I didnt like it at all and checked out the next day and moved to ROTA hotel along the same road too.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank juliabee1976
Reviewed 10 March 2009

This is an older Hotel but the public areas were well mantained. Best of all is its location and price. We stayed in the deluxe room. It was adequate. The Ibis Tamrin looked nicer. But the Paragon is within walking distance to the Train Station. I wished they had a swimming pool though.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2008

We stayed at this hotel a few times before. It has never been good, but the low rate (280,000rp) and the great ikan bakar (baked fish) stall across the road brought us back.

This time the rate was 400,000rp. I was hoping that rise was due to some refurbishment. Boy, was I wrong. Step in to the room and the familiar smell of stale cigarette still greets you. The carpet had gotten even dirtier. I could not walk on it bare feet as it was damp and sticky.

One thing that I did liked about this hotel is the shower's strong water pressure. However, the water outlet was so stuck that after less than half a minute, you'd be up to your ankles in water and whatever bodily fluids you have expelled. Another 2 minutes and the water would have overflowed into the bathroom, and inching towards the the door. Another minute or so, the room carpet would be soaked.

Bed sheets were very worn as usual, as were the curtains. The TV was barely functioning with only a few channels in English. That's when we decided we would look for another hotel the next day after breakfast. We're not fussy, but we have our limits!

Breakfast was where they really outdid themselves. There was soup, probably cream soup, but I could not identify it, and neither could the waiter! Flat and tasteless. Just as flat and tasteless were the pancakes. It tasted like it was made from the soup. You'd have to soak it in syrup till it was soggy to be able to eat it. Then they ran out of syrup.

The cut fruits were limp and looked pitiful. They were sitting in a bowl, in an inch of they're own juice which had drained out of them over the past few hours.

Drinks. I've always enjoyed fruit juice in Indonesia, but this hotel doesn't offer fresh fruit juice,or even from a packet. It was a cordial, and it was warm.

The toaster seemed to be working, or at least it's conveyor belt was. Put a slice of bread into it, and it comes out a minute later ever so slightly warmer, probably from the heat generated by the motorised belt. In fact, the orange cordial was warmer than my "toast".

There were a few bowls of noodles which you can pour hot soup over, but there were no more soup. Someone had also forgotten to refill the teapot, so no tea either. They even ran out of the ubiquitous fried rice! I had an omelet, the only thing edible there..

We originally checked in for four nights. Needless to say, we check out that morning. We won't be returning to this hotel. It wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back: it was a whole bale.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Burrd