“This is the worst Hotel that i have ever stay In whole my live..”
Review of de Rivier Hotel

de Rivier Hotel
Ranked #305 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Surabaya, Indonesia
“This is the worst Hotel that i have ever stay In whole my live..”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE...

I really shock with this hotel... the room is very dirty and have a bad smell in all over the floor...this hotel management is very awfull, what they thinking about hotel industry and the hospitality? they dont have a passion in this business...

Only the swimming pool looked okey, but the others facilities is very very worst.

Sorry if i have to say, this is not hotel and i will never come back to this hotel until someone fixed it, because the hotel have a good location and infrastructure...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank Teddy2810

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed here for 5 days.On their website you have got a chance to see great impressive building and even more beautifull rooms,that's not true unfortunatelly!!! Horrible attitude and customer service, I must waiting almost 2 hour to enter my room and the front desk didnt give me a favor. freaky terrible smell in lobby,in lift and room.On the way to my room is so quite and scary.Carpet is dirty,Floor trap is stuck,Ceiling is leakin.My room was horrible and totally dirty.Breakfast disgusting,but the omellet was good.the bathroom was disgusting,you must askin for towel and tissue *sigh*. There's no glasses in room,so you must order by phone *so poor"!! no wi-fi!! Definitely not recommended!!!this hotel has the crappiest service I ever experienced. :(this hotel is not good for your health! dont stay here!!

• Stayed July 2012
8 Thank Tia_Dewi

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

philippines
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We arrived in the hotel around 1am and even though we had prebooked and prepaid hotel rooms, we waited for 20minutes to get our rooms (imagine this with 2 kids in tow!).
When we got into our hotel (we were SOO tired), the rooms had lots (I mean LOTS!!) of cockcroaches (small and medium sizes) coming out of the headboards and holes in the wall (where wires come out).
One of our rooms did not have any door lock which is very dangerous given the area where this hotel is located (there were vagrants less than 15 meters from the hotel door).
There were no hotel slippers (4 stars hotel should have these), very minimal toiletries (1 toothbrush, 1 soap, 1 shampoo in unlabelled bottle), no hotel safe, no cups/glasses, etc.
On top of it all, our hotel room had so many stains (blood, coffee, rust, whatever it is) and the hotel has the gall to warn us that we will pay for any "hard stains" in the hotel room.
We were also asked to pay extra for an extra room key (they only provided us one).
The breakfast had cockcroaches and other insects roaming around in the display where 3 baskets of bread were placed. The only thing we ate is the omelette because we can watch it being cooked (compared to the cooked food on display which we do not know if it was cooked in a sanitary place).
The lobby should have warned us already about the hotel since it smelled and was not air-conditioned.
IF YOU VALUE YOUR HOLIDAY VACATION AND YOUR HEALTH, DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!
We woke up around 9am and promptly checked out.

Room Tip: Go to other well-known hotels (we moved to Sultan Hotel which was formerly managed by an internation...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank jenny_baritua
Fontainebleau, France
Reviewed 29 February 2012

- Difficulties to finding a viable entrance on this establishment.
- Breakfast disgusting : bread & pastry stale.
- Obligation to leave a deposit very high
- WiFi not free

I don't recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank RaphaelTravel
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here on a one-night stopover in the city, primarily to experience some of Jakarta's history (this area is the heart of what was once known as Dutch 'Batavia', the former center of Jakarta). The hotel certainly gives you a sense of that history - in its architecture, and interior design; the lobby in particular reflects the colonial influence. Unfortunately, like the surrounding area, the building is also shabby, not fully capitalizing on these historical elements.

The staff were relatively amenable; they did want me to leave a cash deposit in case I happened to use the mini-bar (which would have been difficult given it had a padlock on it) or broke something (which would have been easier, given the state disrepair of some fittings). This proved problematic too, given I didn't have enough cash on me, though they were obliging enough to accept what I had. I got the money back too!

I ultimately skipped breakfast though, feeling less than comfortable in my setting - though this was more to do with the sense you get of being in this district (it's derelict, making a solo walking tour less romantic or practicable than I had envisioned).

Still, the hotel's proximity to the airport (being north of the city makes the run a little smoother and quicker, I am told) makes it a passable option, if you are interested enough in the history to do away with personal comforts.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Meja E
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I checked-in to this hotel in the evening after work at 7p.m. The front-desk only had a staff and he was slow in service and could not be bothered even though I stood waiting to be checked-in for 10 mins. He even served the man who came after me and just let me and my collegue stood at the front desk waiting. When I asked why there was only one staff at front desk, he told me it was the break time for staff and just continued talking to man mentioned earlier. When I was eventually being served, he took my credit card for verification while talking to another guest who came later. I was really irritated and scolded him for being slow and asked him to speed up. The entire check-in process took 25 minutes plus the waiting time. Horrible attitude and customer service!
The Superior Room was really old and looked as if it was vacant without occupant for quite a while. Stains were observed on carpet, floor and wall tiles. The bath towels were really old and not clean. No face towel and floor mat/towel provided.
Breakfast variety looked pathetic. Limited choice of main dishes and bakery. The fruits were not replenished for 15 minutes after they were almost empty. Other dishes were replenished after quite a while as I had to make several trips to get what I wanted. No the kind of standard we expect from a 3-4 star hotel.
The location of the hotel is at the northern part of Jakarta that exudes the old charm of Dutch colonial era. However, the traffic congestion was terrible. We took over an hour to travel from the city centre to reach this hotel, The surrounding area was not easy to find decent restaurant food. There was a Chinese seafood restaturant at the back of the hotel but it was not opened on Wednesday when we were there. Plenty of local hawker food at the back street if one dares to try out without hygiene concern.
I will not recommend this hotel for business traveller or even the family due to the location, customer service and run-down facility. The hotel rooms are desperate for an immediate refurbishment to live up the expectation as a colonial heritage.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Mini_Cheryl
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 November 2011

from the highway it looks nice but the hotel is really terrible. i wont stay there if they give me USD 200 also, Rooms is huge enough but with those freaky terrible smell, the washroom was like havent been clean and the water is so small, no hot water. The breakfast is the lousiest in the world as they written 4 star and for me it is worth no star, with just only 4 selection, fried noodles, plain rice, chicken and sambal, and some breads. We are so regret that the agents recommend this lousy hotel to us and we wont book with them anymore, we feel been cheated by DWI ANUGRAH PRATAMA (DWI TOUR & TRAVEL),www.dwitravel.webs.com.

Room Tip: do not considered this hotel... worst ever
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business