Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square
US$115
US$144
US$141
  • Breakfast included
Rasuna Icon Jakarta(Jakarta)(Great Value!)
US$80
Kosenda Hotel(Jakarta)
US$64
US$55
1,442 results
All reviewspremier floormangga duasquare shopping mallcarrefour supermarketswimming poolplatinum memberunder renovationnice poolsuperior roomexecutive floornon smoking roomspecial thanksfront officepleasant staycheck in processlate checkhotel staff
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Booked in for 3 nights in a standard room. The first was given a twin room instead of a double room. Usually if its for a night or 2 i would accept but for 3 nights I requested for a change of room.
My first request was met by the receptionist saying there are no available rooms to change even before checking their system. That itself is BS. I than ask him to check the computer to which there was 1 other room available 7235 which is right at the end corner of the hotel. Receptionist mentioned is was really far from the lift. I did not mind the long walk from the lift but at 11pm i knew why they were probably reluctant to release the room to me. From about 10.30 to 3am i could hear the club next door through the walls of the building which kept me up till about 1am.

The next day I requested another change of room and was finally given a proper room. In my first impression I thought this hotel was about 15 years old due to the wear and the condition of the hotel. The rooms looked dated with this furniture and the toilet was very simple. I did not like the fact that there is no proper shower curtain in the toilet, just half a piece of glass which meant the bathroom does get a little wet. In the first 2 rooms, the toilet bowl was stained as if it has not been cleaned properly. As with hotels in Indonesia I think its due to the water but the towels are never really white! Looks greyish.

Breakfast was a fair spread and good enough for me to have my fill. Convenient stores and several eateries are nearby. Checking in and out took too long. I think it might be due to their system.

The shopping around the hotel is terrible. I cannot understand why would anyone want to stay here for the malls. its all filled with low end crap that is probably later distributed to the streets.

I would say that the price of this place (I paid less than $100USD per night) makes this hotel simple enough for a short stay with good value but I would rather take my money else where.

Room Tip: Do not get room 7235, You will be kept up all night by the nearby club.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Cyrix_05,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience in our hotel!

In Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, we always try to provide the best staying experience for our guests. However, I apologize that we could not deliver your room request perfectly due to high occupancy on that day. I have also noticed your comments on the hotel condition, especially on the bathroom. We have already had renovation plans on hand to upgrade our hotel with the latest Novotel’s features and I wish we could meet up with your expectations in the near future!

Regarding the stained in the toilet bowl & towels condition, I have notified the related department for improvements and we have periodically replaced the towels with the new one. At the same time, I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast!

I hope this experience will not mar your perceptions toward our hotel and I really wish for the opportunity to serve you better at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square! Should you have other suggestions that may make us your preferred stay in Jakarta, please feel free to contact me directly at Vincent.Wybier@accor.com. I look forward hearing from you soon!

Kind regards,

Vincent Wybier

Reviewed 19 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is suitable for somebody who intends to shop around mangga dua area which is known as wholesald area. Also suitable for somebody who has business in north jakarta area. Room is good although cleanliness needs improvement.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear soemr,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel during your business trip to North Jakarta!

I very much appreciate you for taking the time to review Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square on TripAdvisor. I have noted your comments on the cleanliness; please rest assured that I will personally reviewed with Housekeeping Department for improvements.

Once again, thank you for your contribution and I look forward to see you again soon at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

Kind regards,

Vincent Wybier (General Manager)
Vincent.Wybier@accor.com