Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square
Ranked #39 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Noosa, Australia
“Ok”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights on our way to Siberut. Pleasant stay, though was booked into a smoking room on the first night. Being near midnight on check in i was too tired to do anything about. After waking up smelling & feeling like an ashtray, the staff were helpful in changing my floors but to a lesser quality & smaller room, sadly for the same price of the initial room though. Pool is great to do laps in & then laze about in the chairs for a beer or 2. Very busy hotel, food could be a little better, the restaurants either side are very good & also reasonably prices compared to the hotel. The traffic is a nightmare, though it is Jakarta! Leave 2 hours to get anywhere around peak times.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear SpiderPig S,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review concerning your recent stay with us.

It is our utmost pleasure to have you staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. I hope everything from your arrival until your departure was well taken care of. It is our mission to make the most of your stay and will keep doing so.

The traffic in Jakarta is considerably heavy but the location of the hotel is really unique. Strategically located in the Mangga Dua shopping area, the hotel is also near to Ancol Dreamland – Indonesia’s largest recreational facilities – with the speed boat pier to Pulau Seribu (Thousand Island) and to the historical site of Old Batavia area. I also have taken note from your comment about the food, which I am now working with the Food & Beverage team to improve the quality of our food.

Again, thank you for have stayed with us and I wish to welcome you back at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square upon your next visit to Jakarta.

Fabrice Mini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sabah,Malaysia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Pleasantly surprised of the welcome back greeting by Wiya at the Le Club Accor members reception counter! The room upgrade was great too. Nice view of the hugely wonderful swimming pool. Wish we could stay longer and swim more.
Had an early golf tee time so the light breakfast provided at the lobby really hit the spot. The concierge was always ready to assist. Our room was made as if we were checking in everyday!
Hope the bath towels can be replaced with brand new ones though. We had ours replaced everyday but they were not as white as the hand towels.
Looking forward to our next stay!!

Room Tip: Pool view is calming to the eyes!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kobusak
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear kobusak,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for being our loyal guest and leave us a comment on TripAdvisor.

I and my team at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square always glad to welcome you every time you back to the hotel. I very much appreciate your confidence in our product and services all this time. Your compliment also has been passed to Ms. Wiya and surely she is thankful for it. I trust a positive comments such yours will motivate our team to keep up with the services given.

As a benefit from being Le Club Accorhotels member, I am glad to hear that you enjoy the upgraded room and your stay was a wonderful experience. However, I have noticed your comment on bath towel at the room that I have shared with concerned department for further investigation and improvement.

It is our entire pleasure to be of your service and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Indonesia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The service is totally bad . Was force by the hotel staffs to check in to my room an hour late to the normally 2pm because they have not done up their rooms in general . After I have check in, I discovered that the mechanic was in my room fixing the door . Well , what's a nice welcome ! The free wifi in the room requires u to fill in your personal details before u can log in . I would not have booked this hotel if I know it in advance . Overall , was a bad experience

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Raylui
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Raylui,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience happened during your stay. I very much appreciate your feedback and I am disappointed that we did not deliver to your expectations. At a certain period while we were running on full occupancy, it sometimes prevented us from being able to prepare the best of the room quickly. I have personally reviewed with the concerned departments related to your experience, and you can rest assured that we have taken all the necessary measures as to improve our service in general.

We have noticed your discomfort right away at the time of your stay to be able to fix things up. I hope this will not affect your perception to choose our hotel as your preferred accommodation. I look forward for the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I Stayed here in April 2014 with my Family.
Hotel location is very strategic, inside the shopping complex and integrated with a shopping mall.
I park my car on the 2nd floor inside the parking building, then went into the hotel also from the same place, no need to go outside/lobby. It was very helpful for them that driving by themselves.
The receptionist was very kind and helpful. Although I paid with my frequent flyer points redemption, the check in process was fast and simple. They were very professional.
The hotel atmosphere was friendly.
My Room is spacious for three. Equipped with free internet.
The favourite place for us was the swimming pool. It is very large and clean. The pool's safe for my son (height 1.5m). We had a very great time there.
The breakfast was above average, many kind of food served. Also my son liked them very much...
After breakfast, we spent time in the shopping mall, just take the elevator down.
We will go back here next time...

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room in a non smoking floor, if you a non smoker.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear f388y,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square and posting a very nice review for us on Tripadvisor.

It is great to know that you found the hotel’s location in Mangga Dua Square shopping area is convenient for your recent visit in Jakarta. Besides our strategic location, I am also delighted to learn that you are satisfied with the services given by our staffs. I will share your comments with all of our staffs. I am sure that this will motivate them to keep up with the service given to our Guests.

I also appreciate your compliments toward our room, free WiFi, food and especially our iconic Olympic-size swimming pool. I believe your recommendation will help fellow travelers to be more confident to choose our hotel.

We are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Due to the way I booked our stay, we had separate bookings for the two nights we stayed but they efficiently kept us in the same room. Despite being part of a major shopping mall, the room was really quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear amp-qld,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good time staying with us. This is exactly the feeling we would hope all our Guests to experience. I hope your genuine review on the breakfast and the hospitality of our staffs will encourage the readers to be more confident in choosing our hotel.

Whether for business or leisure, I look forward to have an opportunity welcome you back again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

could not fault this hotel at all.staff attentive,friendly and very helpful.conveniently located to the itc centre and pasar pagi the shopping mall for bargains.the rooms were very clean pool is great and the breakfast fantastic for the value.recommended highly

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sharkieman63
Dear sharkieman63,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for had stayed with us during your trip to Jakarta and sharing your generous review with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good time staying with us. Besides our strategic location, I am glad you found out our staffs are very friendly and attentive. I am sure your appreciation will motivate my team to always give a better service to our Guests from time to time.

I also thank you for your compliments on the room cleanliness, breakfast and our iconic pool. I believe your recommendation will help fellow travelers to be more confident to choose our hotel.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here 5 - 9 June 2014 for a family vacation. We booked 2 rooms, Rooms are nice and clean. The pool is large & well maintained. Children loves it very much. The gym is also well maintained. Staff are courteous & polite.
The hotel is embedded with Mangga Dua Square shopping mall (tenanted by careffour). So its a strategic location especially if you are with large family members, easy access for lunch & dinner etc. There are two 24hrs convenient store (7-eleven & indomart) on the left & right of the hotel entrance.

We would give a four rating if not for the bad experiences with the Grand Odiseus Fitness & SPA Club at the hotel. On our last day here, me & my daughter went for a Body Scrub & Javanese Lulur SPA treatment. I went first at 9am to be followed by my daughter at 10.30am. The brochure said It should be a 90 minutes treatment with body scrub, body wash & aromatherapy massage. But the body scrub only lasted for 30 minutes with no aromatherapy massage. She just put some sort of oil before the scrub & after scrubbing asked me to clean & take bath in my hotel room! claiming that there is no hot water at the club. I refused & found out otherwise. Queried at the reception & was informed that I have to pay more for the aromatherapy massage even though it clearly stated in the printed brochure. We were also requested by the lady who treat us to give her tips.

Were informed that we have to pay in cash, cannot be billed to our room and the credit card machine was broken. We insisted on receipt but the receipt shown only for one treatment (My daughter then was having her spa treatment). When we point it out, they just wrote it down in the receipt. Obviously we were cheated. As we were pressed for time to check out & our daughter is halfway on her spa treatment, we just let it go.

I'm not foreign to SPA treatment & always make a point to have one on any of my vacation. The worst SPA ever & unexpected for a four star and international hotel. Never going back.

Room Tip: Room with pool view is nicer & less noise from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear ZulNiza,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for sharing your feedback to us on TripAdvisor.

I have investigated your case, and please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience happened on behalf of Grand Odiseus Management. We are doing the follow up with the management of Grand Odiseus to provide you with proper apology and resolution of the situation encountered. I have well noted your concern and will take this matter seriously since our Guests’ satisfaction is on top of our priority.

However, I am delighted to know that you are convenient with the hotel itself – especially the room, location, staff and the swimming pool. It is our mission to make the most of your stay and will keep doing so. My team will be so happy to read your comments and we will continue to provide a heartfelt service to our Guests.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we wish for the opportunity to welcome you back again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.