“A good hotel next to the Jakarta Trade center, Mangga Dua”

Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square
Ranked #39 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I think this is one of the good hotel if you want to stay and do business around Jakarta trade center, Mangga Dua & Glodok Area. the hotel is nice, well maintained, and the most important thing is it's attached to Mangga Dua Square Mal, makes you easily find foods or anything you need during your stay. And it also not too far from Jakarta International Airport Soekarno Hatta.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Ignatius Untung S,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for had stayed with us during your business trip to Jakarta and sharing your generous review with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good time staying with us. It is great to know that you found the hotel’s location convenient for your recent visit in Jakarta. We are centrally located in the heart of North Jakarta area where there are dining, shopping, business and entertainment activities taking place. Besides our strategic location, I am glad you found out that our hotel is well-maintained.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Located at Jakarta City Centre, pleasant stay in large hotel with spacious rooms. Big swimming pool. Taxi's available 24/7, convenient stores nearby. Had the experience to watch the World Cup at the lounge. Very nice experience. Hope to be back in the future when I come visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EmriElias
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear EmriElias,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

I would like to thank you for extending your wonderful staying experience with us to the TripAdvisor readers.

We are enchanted to know that we could meet up with your expectation during your recent visit to our hotel. It is great to know that you had a pleasant stay with us – especially for the very nice experience watch the World Cup football match at Lounge Bar.

I am glad to learn that our location is convenient for you. We are centrally located in the heart of North Jakarta area where there are dining, shopping, business and entertainment activities taking place. I also thank you for your compliments on the room and the Olympic-size swimming pool.

I really appreciate your feedback and I hope that your experience will motivate fellow travelers to visit us. We are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Located right in Jakarta's city centre. Shopping centre at ground level accessible fro hotel. A few convenience stores nearby incl 7-11. Taxis readily available.
Room was average, but adequately furnished. The floor was wood parquet, suitable for shoe free.
Sleep quality was good. very quiet. I was on the fifth floor.

Room Tip: Fiftr floor is a smoking floor, but easy access to the pools, same level.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ahmad zahidi I,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for posting a nice review of your recent stay at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read feedbacks from our Guests and to hear that you have a very good experience while stay with us. There is no better satisfaction than knowing that we were able to exceed your expectations. I hope your genuine review on the hotel location and guest room will encourage the readers to be more confident in choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on our way to Siberut. Pleasant stay, though was booked into a smoking room on the first night. Being near midnight on check in i was too tired to do anything about. After waking up smelling & feeling like an ashtray, the staff were helpful in changing my floors but to a lesser quality & smaller room, sadly for the same price of the initial room though. Pool is great to do laps in & then laze about in the chairs for a beer or 2. Very busy hotel, food could be a little better, the restaurants either side are very good & also reasonably prices compared to the hotel. The traffic is a nightmare, though it is Jakarta! Leave 2 hours to get anywhere around peak times.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear SpiderPig S,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review concerning your recent stay with us.

It is our utmost pleasure to have you staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. I hope everything from your arrival until your departure was well taken care of. It is our mission to make the most of your stay and will keep doing so.

The traffic in Jakarta is considerably heavy but the location of the hotel is really unique. Strategically located in the Mangga Dua shopping area, the hotel is also near to Ancol Dreamland – Indonesia’s largest recreational facilities – with the speed boat pier to Pulau Seribu (Thousand Island) and to the historical site of Old Batavia area. I also have taken note from your comment about the food, which I am now working with the Food & Beverage team to improve the quality of our food.

Again, thank you for have stayed with us and I wish to welcome you back at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square upon your next visit to Jakarta.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Pleasantly surprised of the welcome back greeting by Wiya at the Le Club Accor members reception counter! The room upgrade was great too. Nice view of the hugely wonderful swimming pool. Wish we could stay longer and swim more.
Had an early golf tee time so the light breakfast provided at the lobby really hit the spot. The concierge was always ready to assist. Our room was made as if we were checking in everyday!
Hope the bath towels can be replaced with brand new ones though. We had ours replaced everyday but they were not as white as the hand towels.
Looking forward to our next stay!!

Room Tip: Pool view is calming to the eyes!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kobusak
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear kobusak,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for being our loyal guest and leave us a comment on TripAdvisor.

I and my team at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square always glad to welcome you every time you back to the hotel. I very much appreciate your confidence in our product and services all this time. Your compliment also has been passed to Ms. Wiya and surely she is thankful for it. I trust a positive comments such yours will motivate our team to keep up with the services given.

As a benefit from being Le Club Accorhotels member, I am glad to hear that you enjoy the upgraded room and your stay was a wonderful experience. However, I have noticed your comment on bath towel at the room that I have shared with concerned department for further investigation and improvement.

It is our entire pleasure to be of your service and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The service is totally bad . Was force by the hotel staffs to check in to my room an hour late to the normally 2pm because they have not done up their rooms in general . After I have check in, I discovered that the mechanic was in my room fixing the door . Well , what's a nice welcome ! The free wifi in the room requires u to fill in your personal details before u can log in . I would not have booked this hotel if I know it in advance . Overall , was a bad experience

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Raylui
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Raylui,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience happened during your stay. I very much appreciate your feedback and I am disappointed that we did not deliver to your expectations. At a certain period while we were running on full occupancy, it sometimes prevented us from being able to prepare the best of the room quickly. I have personally reviewed with the concerned departments related to your experience, and you can rest assured that we have taken all the necessary measures as to improve our service in general.

We have noticed your discomfort right away at the time of your stay to be able to fix things up. I hope this will not affect your perception to choose our hotel as your preferred accommodation. I look forward for the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I Stayed here in April 2014 with my Family.
Hotel location is very strategic, inside the shopping complex and integrated with a shopping mall.
I park my car on the 2nd floor inside the parking building, then went into the hotel also from the same place, no need to go outside/lobby. It was very helpful for them that driving by themselves.
The receptionist was very kind and helpful. Although I paid with my frequent flyer points redemption, the check in process was fast and simple. They were very professional.
The hotel atmosphere was friendly.
My Room is spacious for three. Equipped with free internet.
The favourite place for us was the swimming pool. It is very large and clean. The pool's safe for my son (height 1.5m). We had a very great time there.
The breakfast was above average, many kind of food served. Also my son liked them very much...
After breakfast, we spent time in the shopping mall, just take the elevator down.
We will go back here next time...

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room in a non smoking floor, if you a non smoker.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear f388y,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square and posting a very nice review for us on Tripadvisor.

It is great to know that you found the hotel’s location in Mangga Dua Square shopping area is convenient for your recent visit in Jakarta. Besides our strategic location, I am also delighted to learn that you are satisfied with the services given by our staffs. I will share your comments with all of our staffs. I am sure that this will motivate them to keep up with the service given to our Guests.

I also appreciate your compliments toward our room, free WiFi, food and especially our iconic Olympic-size swimming pool. I believe your recommendation will help fellow travelers to be more confident to choose our hotel.