“Good as advertised”

Ranked #37 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good as advertised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I think the Novotel has been fullfill the standard of services, online booking, and everything goes smoothly and I have a "bit" far away room from the elevators but lucky me..my room very calm and quiet all day long..

the minus (-) is only about parking lot, I can't find the hotel parking since for my motorcycle and my cars, so I get in to the basement with building parking lot and the hotel pays the bill before checkout but unfortunately my tickets has been rejected by parking gate system and need to wait 15 mins to release the gate.

overall..is okay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear TrinovaDsg,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for had stayed with us and sharing your recent stay experience in our hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read feedbacks from our Guests and to hear that you enjoy your staying experience with us. There is no better satisfaction than knowing that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is our mission to make the most of your stay and will keep doing so. My team will be so happy to read your comments and we will continue to provide a heartfelt service to our Guests.

Refer to the parking lot at our hotel, you are always able to park your car at building parking lot with the nearest access to our Ballroom at P5B. We have security staff on duty at the Ballroom entrance door, who would be glad to assist you contact the concierge staff to take your baggage into your room. I have also noticed your comment on the rejected ticket by parking gate system that I will share with Secure Parking Management to ensure these inconvenience will not happen again to our Guests in the future.

Once again, thank you for choosing Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square as your preferred accommodation and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Fabrice Mini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Got a free upgrade to deluxe room. It's just simply a much bigger room with minimal furnishing. Room is ok at 3/5. Bed was not comfy, pillow was not fluffy and kind of very used and flat. Bed sheet was a bit grey, not white and crisp. Bathroom was old and cleanliness was 2/5.

Breakfast selection was ok but food quality was below average.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Winnedy,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for comments of your recent stay at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

I read your review with a heavy heard and disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences encountered during your stay. We take this issue seriously and I would highly appreciate your contribution for our improvement. By this chance, I also would like to inform you that we are now working on refreshing all the guest’s room – including new mattress, pillow and duvet – and public area. Rest assured we are still working on this direction.

I also have taken note from your comment about the food, which I am now working with the Food & Beverage team to improve the quality of our food. At the same time, I also would like to inform you that we recently have our new Executive Chef, and he is started since August 4th, 2014 to working on improving the entire of Food & Beverage quality at our hotel. Your comments are precious to us in improving our facilities and services to exceed your expectation.

Should you travel back to the city, we look forward for an opportunity to welcome you again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Was upgraded to a deluxe room by the reception. Big room with daily 2 bottles of mineral water. The swimming pool is located @level 5 like a standard 50m pool which is rare for a hotel. It too have a fitness gym beside the pool.but I never tried itIts located between 2 big shopping malls and with lots of eateries(open @9am).there's a family massage palour(lotus).worth your every cent(35k)for 1.5hrs!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear kovac17,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square and posting a very nice review for us on Tripadvisor.

It is great to know that you found the hotel’s location in Mangga Dua Square shopping area is convenient for your recent visit in Jakarta. Besides our strategic location, I am also delighted to learn that you are satisfied with the services given by our staffs. I will share your comments with all of our staffs. I am sure that this will motivate them to keep up with the service given to our Guests.

I am glad to hear that you enjoy the upgraded room and your stay was a wonderful experience. I also appreciate your compliments toward our room, complimentary for 2 bottles of mineral water, and especially our iconic Olympic-size swimming pool. I believe your recommendation will help fellow travelers to be more confident to choose our hotel.

It is our entire pleasure to be of your service and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I think this is one of the good hotel if you want to stay and do business around Jakarta trade center, Mangga Dua & Glodok Area. the hotel is nice, well maintained, and the most important thing is it's attached to Mangga Dua Square Mal, makes you easily find foods or anything you need during your stay. And it also not too far from Jakarta International Airport Soekarno Hatta.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ignatius Untung S,

Greetings from Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

Thank you for had stayed with us during your business trip to Jakarta and sharing your generous review with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good time staying with us. It is great to know that you found the hotel’s location convenient for your recent visit in Jakarta. We are centrally located in the heart of North Jakarta area where there are dining, shopping, business and entertainment activities taking place. Besides our strategic location, I am glad you found out that our hotel is well-maintained.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.