“Friendly and Warm in spite of it's size” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan
Ranked #6 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
“Friendly and Warm in spite of it's size”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

An excellent, secure, 5 star hotel in the middle of central Jakarta. The staff are incrediably friendly and look after your every need. I do recommend paying a bit extra for Club Access a great way to get good and easy meals.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Harrisburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is listed on AMEX Plat's fine hotel program so I gave it a try and it was much better than I expected, especially after my experience at Le Meridien. I got upgraded to a spacious room, offered free breakfast, internet, and $85 dining credits. I was personally greeted and escorted to the counter for check in. Served with nice fruit juice and towel while they look up my reservation. The room is luxury everywhere and very clean. The bathroom alone is larger than many hotel's rooms. The price is really good too especially with what it offers to AMEX member. I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

It all started with my arrival at Soekarno international airport where a transfer was organised from the airport to the hotel. The staff was easily identifiable and after I introduced myself I was on my way to the hotel in a matter of minutes.

Upon arrival at the hotel, after the security check, Anastasia was waiting for me at the entrance welcoming me by name and she took me straight to the room for an in-room check in.

The Room:
The room was huge, it had a King bed, sofa, desk and flatscreen in the bedroom. The bed was heavenly. The desk was good to work on. The room had all the amenities which a business oriented hotel should have. (Also enough power plugs and central switches for the light). My room also had a small hall-way with space to hang up my clothes and a safe.

The Bathroom:
Great bathroom with walk in shower and a separate bath tub, which came with extraordinary views over Jakarta.

The Gym:
Well equipped, modern and I liked the running belt which had TV screens from which you could choose some running scenery (mountains, beaches, etc).

The Spa:
I booked a spa treatment and it was really good, not the best I have ever had, but I would definitely return when I stay again.

The Restaurant:
I had dinner & breakfast in the buffet restaurant. This was probably the least experience of the hotel. I found there was limited choice and also the overall quality of the food was so-so, not bad, but definitely not overwhelming or memorable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Had an awesome first time stay with Ritz Carlton at mega kuningan last month... Swift and seamless in room check in when a party of three arrive late in the evening of a work day. Corresponding with the reservation team was effortless. Buffet spread for breakfast was overwhelming with generous selection staffed with courteous service crew catering to your every needs. Check out and arrangement of taxi to airport was all dutifully attended to. Highlight to the 2 night stay was an invite to dinner spread at the club lounge. Thanks very much for the wonderful experience. I look forward to my next stay with Ritz again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights from 18/6/2014 to 21/6. Our room was upgraded from executive room yo junior suite for 85$. Reception was efficient. Lobby was huge but minimal number of chairs for waiting customers to seat till served. Hope to see more next time. Room was excellent. Anenities were excellent.very quite hotel. Bedroom was outstanding. Bed was very comfortable. Club lounge was excellent, except that they close one hour before their official time (10pm not 11pm) as we were told by the reception. One staff in the club came to our rescue and brought us cookies and coffee and juices. Thanks to him his name is fadhila. Staff of the SPA were outstanding. They went out of their way to help, although it was near closing time. Asia restaurant was very good. Healthy drinks were available and in varieties. Huge selection of stuff.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool view rooms. Make at least 1-2 hours for the shortest trip. Use nearby malls. You wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

An amazing place to stay. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Even the GM talks one on one with gest. The club staff is like no other. If you are planning a meeting or a get together, ask for Ms. Lia.

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manado, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in Ritz Carlton Mega Kuningan, Jakarta for 3 days from 20 - 23 June 2014 with wife and 2 kids. First bad experiences during breakfast time in Asia Restaurant. My wife already ask the waiter 2-3 times for drinking water because my son want to drink medicine. Afterward I also ask them to bring me water. Nobody pay attention for our request. Then I go to the service table, yelling at them before they bring me drinking water that we requested. Second bad experiences happen on the 22 June 2014 at around 19.30 WIB. My Son want to order room service for chicken porridge. Operator said that there is no more chicken porridge. I ask the operator to please ask the chef something soft like porridge for my son because he is sick. I wait for around 5 minutes before decided to go down to the restaurant because the operator did not call me back.
In Asia Restaurant, they had buffet dinner and i said that I want to order Ala carte so they bring me the menu. I ask the waiter is there Chicken Porridge available? to my surprise, the waiter said yes there is chicken porridge available. This is not what I expected from Ritz Carlton brand. What F&B Director doing so there is no time to look at the service the F&B team give to customer? I have been charge for service charge and i am not getting the service that i am paying for. Not recommend for other indonesian traveller

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank elrio t
ErnaEksaningrum, Director of Quality at The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Elrio t,

First of all allow me to thank you for giving us an opportunity to accommodate you and your family during your recent visit to Jakarta.

As I learnt from your comments in this website, I truly apologized for the shortcomings in our service which you have experienced and I can understand your frustration when the above incidents occured during your stay in our hotel. Rest assured, the related Departments have been notified that an immediate improvement has to be done immediately. On another note, I have tried to contact you on your personal number as well as left a message to the Manager on Duty of another property where you stayed after departing from our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at erna.eksaningrum@ritzcarlton.com should you wish to discuss further and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel with a guarantee of a true Ritz-Carlton experience in the future.

Warm regards,